Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

linetty

We do not have enough CBs for 3 at the back. In the past years this formation has also proven that you will not win a major title without a back line of 4 players.
Cuadrado is a winger not a fullback and we absolutely don't need him. Especially not for 40 freaking mil.
Cuadrado gives us that luxury to lineup in a 3-4-3 if needed but it'll be casual 4-3-3 most of the time.

Anyway, he can also be helpful in case one of the wingers gets injured.

F

Flavia

SPORT not only write rubbish stuffs but also their titles are huge mindfucks. I mean what exactly Agger has anything to do with the high price of Cuardado?? Agger is a freaking CB, Cuardado a freaking winger. What do these two have anything to do with one another??! Anyone?
Cuadrado costly fee would make signing Marquinhos impossible, so the change for a cheaper cb, Agger. Sport also quoted that Lucho is happy that Alves will stay, as he thinks he can get the best out of Dani. It's funny, at least :lol:
The way to go should be not buying cuadrado, but a better cb.

L

linetty

Cuadrado costly fee would make signing Marquinhos impossible, so the change for a cheaper cb, Agger. Sport also quoted that Lucho is happy that Alves will stay, as he thinks he can get the best out of Dani. It's funny, at least :lol:
The way to go should be not buying cuadrado, but a better cb.
Why are you laughing? With proper tactics and pressing we can have the old Alves back.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Why are you laughing? With proper tactics and pressing we can have the old Alves back.

I'm not entirely too sure of that.

And yes, for any of 3-3-1-3, 3-4-3, or 3-5-2 to work regularly you need 4 centerbacks, preferably 5, with the 5th centerback being an reserve side player.

And if the rumors are to be believed, it seems like Fiorentina keeps raising its price. First they wanted 35M, then they wanted 40M, and now they want 50M? Screw that.

There's probably other players that could play the RB/RM hybrid role.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I wasn't laughing about Alves. Sport's not matching quotes are funny. In one, Lucho pushes for cuadrado, in other he's happy alves is staying. Makes no sense.

SeloBarca

We have tried 3-4-3 before, it didnt work to well, only against extremly weak teams. Last year more and more teams saw our weakness, attacked more, put defenders under preassure and werent afraid of us anymore.

I think Lucho is going with Pique and Bartra as 2 main CBs, with Mathieu as backup. Our defence will be pretty much the same as last year, and i fear that will hurt us, just as last year.

We needed a strong WC defender, but we only got a declining Mathieu. I wanted to see a big change in our defence, but thats where we have changed the least.

F

Flavia

We have tried 3-4-3 before, it didnt work to well, only against extremly weak teams. Last year more and more teams saw our weakness, attacked more, put defenders under preassure and werent afraid of us anymore.

I think Lucho is going with Pique and Bartra as 2 main CBs, with Mathieu as backup. Our defence will be pretty much the same as last year, and i fear that will hurt us, just as last year.

We needed a strong WC defender, but we only got a declining Mathieu. I wanted to see a big change in our defence, but thats where we have changed the least.

Declining Mathieu? Seriously, what?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

What makes you say Mathieu is declining? Central defenders tend to peak after 30. Best example is Puyol. Puyol was the same age as Mathieu when Guardiola took over. Mathieu did really well last season. And there's no reason that he wouldn't be able to keep it up for a few more years, barring serious injury.

L

linetty

We struggled last year because of lack of pressing and intensity, the defence was almost the same that won the Champions Leauge and many other trophies back with Pep.

Mathieu is not declining by the way, ffs

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Not to mention that our biggest problem in big games last season was our toothless attack. We've solved that problem as well.

xxxxxx

Why would Agger agree to move from Liverpool's bench to our bench?

If he can't get his game for a team that conceded so many goals last season, it doesn't fill me with much confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans