Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Why do people think that we have to pay his buyout to get him? As far as I know, it is mandatory to have one when you are under contract in Spain. It's not like Villarreal are the same as Bilbao and only let their best players leave, if the clause is met. It's been a while since Villarreal has had decent finances, so I imagine that we can get him for a lot cheaper, if we were to go after him.

L

linetty

They have no intention to sell, I don't see why would they do it for less than his buyout or close to the buyout.

L

linetty

Well, as we all know, Barca board only look for big names so Musachhio is not gonna be on their list !
Bravo, ter Stegen, Rakitic and Mathieu are big names?

Marquinhos and Cuadrado are not big names either.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
They have no intention to sell, I don't see why would they do it for less than his buyout or close to the buyout.

They aren't really known for selling their players for high fees like Bilbao. Besides, they can always find a decent replacement elsewhere in contrast to Bilbao who are restricted by their club policy.

Bertus

They aren't really known for selling their players for high fees like Bilbao. Besides, they can always find a decent replacement elsewhere in contrast to Bilbao who are restricted by their club policy.

They have no logical reason to do so unless they sell their player for big money.

It's like you want them to hand you their CB for cheap because "whatever, they can find one to replace him".

It doesn't work like that especially in the case of Barcelona that is desperate for a second CB.

sabby

Bravo, ter Stegen, Rakitic and Mathieu are big names?

Marquinhos and Cuadrado are not big names either.

Rakitic is a big name, not messi/neymer big but certainly varmaulen/vertonghen big. Mathieu/Bravo are backup and familiar. Marquinhos and Cuadrado are big names among the youngsters. Marquinhos was certainly more popular than James Rodriguez before this WC. And MaTs is the next big GK in Germany.

L

linetty

Rakitic is a big name, not messi/neymer big but certainly varmaulen/vertonghen big. Mathieu/Bravo are backup and familiar. Marquinhos and Cuadrado are big names among the youngsters. Marquinhos was certainly more popular than James Rodriguez before this WC. And MaTs is the next big GK in Germany.
We buy only world class players so of course they are worldwide known... but they're not big names, big names are Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Robin van Persie...

sabby

They have no logical reason to do so unless they sell their player for big money.

It's like you want them to hand you their CB for cheap because "whatever, they can find one to replace him".

It doesn't work like that especially in the case of Barcelona that is desperate for a second CB.

You are a nice guy and always liked you for being honest. But in the last few weeks, you are creating an image of yourself where people may misunderstand that you don't want us to get a CB without paying a fortune. You are probably a bit sad that PSG bought Luiz for 50 effing million pounds and let's be honest I'd be too. But please stop posting that Marquinhos is the only target for Barca and no other club should sell any CB to us less than say 50m€. 25-30m€ is NOT cheap for Musachhio or any other decent young CBs. Its not Barca's fault that PSG spent 40m€ for marcos or 63m€ for Luiz. I honestly believe that if PSG president has told Barto/Zubi that Marcos is not for sale multiple times, they are not fool enough to chase him all summer long. The stupid tabloids like AS/MD/Sports etc may publish $h!t to sell news but they are not usually true. And I don't think Barca is that desperate to find a CB as we've signed Mathieu. I'm one of those people who think Agger for 12m€ is a better deal than paying 45-50m+ for Marcos.

No offense meant and be happy that you are probably getting Di Maria, one of my favorite players :)

One more thing, its not like Barca always ask for cheap deal - they are usually not demanding while selling. We sold Cesc for 35m and Sanchez for 40m in a market where Lukaku goes for 35m, 60m for Vidal is rejected. We also signed Suarez for 80m while Real signed James Rodriguez for what 95m I think.

sabby

We buy only world class players so of course they are worldwide known... but they're not big names, big names are Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Robin van Persie...

I think you misunderstood what I meant by big names. I meant players playing for big clubs like Arsenal, PSG, Inter, Atletico etc. For the last few years, our senior scouts(if they actually exist) fail to reognize the same talents when they play for smaller clubs but are always willing to play for big money when the same players go play for a bigger club. Remember vertonghen was offered to us for 10m. It'll be ironic if we sign him now for 35m and then spurs also manages to get Musachhio for 22m.

Bertus

You are a nice guy and always liked you for being honest. But in the last few weeks, you are creating an image of yourself where people may misunderstand that you don't want us to get a CB without paying a fortune. You are probably a bit sad that PSG bought Luiz for 50 effing million pounds and let's be honest I'd be too. But please stop posting that Marquinhos is the only target for Barca and no other club should sell any CB to us less than say 50m€. 25-30m€ is NOT cheap for Musachhio or any other decent young CBs. Its not Barca's fault that PSG spent 40m€ for marcos or 63m€ for Luiz. I honestly believe that if PSG president has told Barto/Zubi that Marcos is not for sale multiple times, they are not fool enough to chase him all summer long. The stupid tabloids like AS/MD/Sports etc may publish $h!t to sell news but they are not usually true. And I don't think Barca is that desperate to find a CB as we've signed Mathieu. I'm one of those people who think Agger for 12m€ is a better deal than paying 45-50m+ for Marcos.

No offense meant and be happy that you are probably getting Di Maria, one of my favorite players :)

One more thing, its not like Barca always ask for cheap deal - they are usually not demanding while selling. We sold Cesc for 35m and Sanchez for 40m in a market where Lukaku goes for 35m, 60m for Vidal is rejected. We also signed Suarez for 80m while Real signed James Rodriguez for what 95m I think.

No offense taken but i fail to understand why you reply that to me.

Instead of using logical fallacies to swap the debate to my case that no one cares about, why don't you reply to what i said with arguments?

Why would they lower their price right now? Especially when they know they are, like all clubs with CBs targetted by Barcelona, in an upper position since they know Barcelona is in need of a cb. And also they know how it is difficult right now to find an equal replacement. Many big clubs are in to find very good CBs. Heck, even Lovren got sold for 25M euros.

And PSG is not the cause of the inflated market. It's not as if the market waited for PSG to see prices increase, but they are an easy scapegoat as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans