Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabby

No offense taken but i fail to understand why you reply that to me.

Instead of using logical fallacies to swap the debate to my case that no one cares about, why don't you reply to what i said with arguments?

Why would they lower their price right now? Especially when they know they are, like all clubs with CBs targetted by Barcelona, in an upper position since they know Barcelona is in need of a cb. And also they know how it is difficult right now to find an equal replacement. Many big clubs are in to find very good CBs. Heck, even Lovren got sold for 25M euros.

And PSG is not the cause of the inflated market. It's not as if the market waited for PSG to see prices increase, but they are an easy scapegoat as always.

Okay, first thing first - I never said PSG is the reason for the inflated market, what I said is PSG made a couple of mistakes by overpaying for players who were not worth anywhere near the fees. And just because PSG did that doesn't mean all other big clubs should make the same mistake. Don't misunderstand me, I am not trying to attack you or PSG.

Now, Musachhio is a good young CB and he had a very good season. But that doesn't mean he should go for 40-50m€. That kind of money only goes for superstar defenders even that is very rare. Look at Alexis Sanchez for example, he had a great season, had a great WC and Arsenal was in need of a great attacker. But did they buy him for 55-60m or Barca ask 60m for him ? No. 20m+ is a very good price for defenders. Even Barca made a mistake paying 20m for Mathieu, but we were desperate to sign a CB so overpaid a few millions. Now, Barca is not that desperate and there are multiple other options (may be not very young but pretty good) available within 25m€. I still maintain 20-22m€ is pretty good money for Musachhio, and for a club like Villareal with so much financial problem, that is significant.

Last edited:
E

El_e8

Spurs would never pay +30mil for defender and I doubt Villareal would ask that money first place. Last La Liga purchase backfired hard on Spurs. :lol:

sabby

Spurs would never pay +30mil for defender and I doubt Villareal would ask that money first place. Last La Liga purchase backfired hard on Spurs. :lol:

Exactly ! My guess is if Spurs actually buy Musacchio, it will probably be for around 12-15m€. And Levy will definitely ask at least 30m€ for Vertonghen if Barca do get him. All the more reason to get Musacchio in the first place, cheaper and younger not to mention the la liga experience and Argentine connection.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Despite rumours, sources close to Barcelona say Liverpool centre back Daniel Agger (29) is not an option anymore - he was in the past. [md]

I don't like how this is going, we won't get anyone it seems. Only Cuadrado.....

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona president Bartomeu will today meet with coach Luis Enrique and sports director Zubizarreta to discuss the transfer market. [md]

Maybe we will get some new news today if this rumor is true.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
President Bartomeu will give Luis Enrique today update on transfer market. Coach wants two more players: right back and centre back. [md]

L

linetty

President Bartomeu will give Luis Enrique today update on transfer market. Coach wants two more players: right back and centre back. [md]
Are there any good available right backs out there at the moment?

Yeah, i was thinking about Aurier also :)

Just get Cuadrado for 3-2-3-2 system and one of Vertonghen/Musacchio and I have feeling we will be very good team next years. It something about those videos of trainings in England that gives lot of optimism :lucho:

Shegzy

Nope. The same as CB who can play RB. Only Marquinhos, maybe Benatia fits as CB/RB. Aurier is already in PSG. Nobody else good is available.

Everton john stones is a cb/rb ,and if we can't get a cb/rb,Bartra is a cb /rb and get mussachio and talking about rb if alba is not going to be a part of the first choice defence I.e we are using a 3 man back line try him as a rb and if he does not play well in preseason get descligio.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona are willing to wait until next year to sign Dortmund winger Marco Reus (25). In 2015, he can leave for a fixed fee of 35M. [md]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans