Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss81bja

This just makes me sad, why can't we get a good CB? We always get the shittest around and one of them is Vermaelen...

The reality is the market is harsh plus we are looking for a CB that "fits our profile" ie the market is very limited to us and we further limit it with what we are looking for. Then we complain when we go for Mathieu, Agger/Vermaelen. I don't mind the "older" options because we NEED CBs and at least they have experience on their side. If these "older options" give us at least two good years of service I would be satifisfied. Hopefully during that time a CB may emerge from La Masia or a a proper CB will be made available in the market.

F

Flavia

Villarreal is now asking Spurs to pay 50M euros for Musacchio at the insistence of River Plate, according to several sources in Spain.

That's the problem with 3rd party owned players... And probably why Barça never went for him.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Villarreal is now asking Spurs to pay 50M euros for Musacchio at the insistence of River Plate, according to several sources in Spain.

Lol, must be due to the fact that he is owned by Villarreal (35%), River Plate (35%) and his agent (30%). I can't see Tottenham paying that for him, so the transfer might fall through.

Bertus

Barcelona have definitely ruled out the transfer of Marquinhos. PSG insist they won't sell, Barcelona won't make further bids. [ser]

Trickykid

Aside from the obvious injury problems, is he really as bad as you guys claim? I mean, I have no idea myself, as I have barely seen him play last season, but recalling his early Arsenal days, he was widely regarded as a top defender. Did he completely lose it since then?

Don't bother to mention the fact that Wenger prefers others over him, as that could easily be attributed to tactical preferences.

serghei

What injury did Vermaelen have? If he screwed up his cruciate ligaments that's enough reason for me to pass on this transfer.

Trickykid

Barcelona's board, Guardiola, Rummenigge, etc etc. Said the Boateng rumor was 100% fake.
Afaik our board didn't admit that publicly. It was just the usual "according to a Barça source", I believe.

And sure, the Bayern officials could easily have deemed him unsellable, but as we all know, that's not exactly reason for our board to give up on a chase.

Not that I believe for a second that we could get him, but I could easily see us being interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans