Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
There's also the fact that his agent refused to comment on the rumors. If they were BS, he could have simply said his client would stay at Bayern.

Bertus

Afaik our board didn't admit that publicly. It was just the usual "according to a Barça source", I believe.

And sure, the Bayern officials could easily have deemed him unsellable, but as we all know, that's not exactly reason for our board to give up on a chase.

Not that I believe for a second that we could get him, but I could easily see us being interested.

I should have added "beside if you believe in conspiracy thories".

Egert

Estonian Culé
That we didn't meet with his agent or Pep said that Boateng won't leave doesn't mean that we aren't interested in him.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Barcelona's board, Guardiola, Rummenigge, Boateng's agent who confirmed he didn't meet with barca etc etc. said the Boateng rumor was 100% fake.

Boateng's agent didn't confirm anything, he refused to comment. Only the "Barcelona sources" have denied the interest.

Bertus

That we didn't meet with his agent or Pep said that Boateng won't leave doesn't mean that we aren't interested in him.

Then we can say the same about every famous CBs alright.

Barca can be interested in everything or nothing [MD] ;)

Neeraj

I never really took the Boateng rumours seriously, but what's got me really down is the Verm news..On the face of it, it looks pretty likely to happen..He's most probably Arsenal's FOURTH choice..I mean...come on...And injured pretty much ALL the time...how can he be our CB signing... :'( ....but it isn't done yet, maybe ggmu will still steal him from under our noses :party1:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Then we can say the same about every famous CBs alright.

Barca can be interested in everything or nothing [MD] ;)

We can confirm that Barcelona is both interested and uninterested in all centerback targets that they may be linked with. [Sport]

Trickykid

I never really took the Boateng rumours seriously, but what's got me really down is the Verm news..On the face of it, it looks pretty likely to happen..He's most probably Arsenal's FOURTH choice..I mean...come on...And injured pretty much ALL the time...how can he be our CB signing... :'( ....but it isn't done yet, maybe ggmu will still steal him from under our noses :party1:

I've seen this argument thrown about a lot, but really, a certain CB, who was 3rd choice at his former club, was sold earlier this season for 60M...

Again, I don't know squat about Vermaelen of the last season or two, so please tell me what's so bad about him.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Again, I don't know squat about Vermaelen of the last season or two, so please tell me what's so bad about him.

His injury issues are a concern, but then so are Daniel Agger's. And the rumors indicate he wants to leave Arsenal because he doesn't want to be on the bench. And I don't think he'd be good enough to be a regular starter here.

Besides we've already covered the cb/lb mold by bringing Mathieu. Vermaelen seems redundant.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Well.... Marca did say the announcement will come Thursday, so technically, they are still not wrong :pep:

Siberia

Im a belgian and even I find vermaelen to be shit. i mean he's okay, but not good enough for barca. But dunno, Lucho and Van Gaal seem to both want him, so he must have something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans