Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

linetty

We're selling you our dead wood :)
trlrky.gif

i_bleed_blaugrana

12.5, well at least people can't complain about us breaking the bank...

I know I posted the fake jersey earlier but I cannot fathom why we haven't even thought of at least testing the waters with Dortmund over Hummels and waste time on either sub par or unattainable players. Mathieu was bad enough but now we have endure Vermaelen too? Like I'm serious, a bid of around 30-35 million would have at least made Klopp consider his options.

They stood their ground on Reus but Hummels is a different story, not to knock Mats in anyway but cashing in on him now so that they can reinvest in the squad to get mainly depth (since they saw how much injuries screwed them over last season) isn't a bad move and is logical. Hummels is an exceptional player but they have players who could at least fill the void at the back while either Reus or Gundogan take up the leadership void in the team. If they built the team around Reus and finance it with the selling of Hummels, they could get some solid additions to the MF that could support Reus and really give Pep something to scratch his head about.

I'd rather we see another failed campaign for a world class CB then this shit. And Bayern, UTD and Madrid have shown that if you give them a reasonable offer they are willing to sell their better players. They'll at least come to the bargaining table instead of giving us the cold shoulder like those pleasant Oil merchants over in Paris we seem so intent on talking to, while looking quite foolish in the meanwhile.

If we offered 40 million for Hummels, I think they would have taken it. Its just dumb how badly we get tunnel vision when it comes to transfers. Bartra-Hummels would just be a beautiful thing to watch, yeah that's right no Pique.

:tata1:

If anyone should be worried about their spot in the team, it should Pique based on how our transfer policy is going atm.

xavi_the_Boss

What has Bayern shown?
They didn´t want to sell Götze and lewa left because they let his contract run out(Bayern wanted to pay to get him last season but Dortmund said no) .

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I know I posted the fake jersey earlier but I cannot fathom why we haven't even thought of at least testing the waters with Dortmund over Hummels and waste time on either sub par or unattainable players. Mathieu was bad enough but now we have endure Vermaelen too? Like I'm serious, a bid of around 30-35 million would have at least made Klopp consider his options.

They stood their ground on Reus but Hummels is a different story, not to knock Mats in anyway but cashing in on him now so that they can reinvest in the squad to get mainly depth (since they saw how much injuries screwed them over last season) isn't a bad move and is logical. Hummels is an exceptional player but they have players who could at least fill the void at the back while either Reus or Gundogan take up the leadership void in the team. If they built the team around Reus and finance it with the selling of Hummels, they could get some solid additions to the MF that could support Reus and really give Pep something to scratch his head about.

I'd rather we see another failed campaign for a world class CB then this shit. And Bayern, UTD and Madrid have shown that if you give them a reasonable offer they are willing to sell their better players. They'll at least come to the bargaining table instead of giving us the cold shoulder like those pleasant Oil merchants over in Paris we seem so intent on talking to, while looking quite foolish in the meanwhile.

If we offered 40 million for Hummels, I think they would have taken it. Its just dumb how badly we get tunnel vision when it comes to transfers. Bartra-Hummels would just be a beautiful thing to watch, yeah that's right no Pique.

??
Kagawa wanted to leave. Götze only left because of a contract release clause, Lewandowski left because of Bosmann.
They can't build a team around Reus because he will most likely leave next season due to his own release clause. Gündogan will not sign another contract extension and will leave after this season too.
They have no reason to sell Hummel, their best player after Reus. Especially not for 40M when a guy like Luiz costs 50M+.

Trickykid

12.5, well at least people can't complain about us breaking the bank...

:tata1:

If anyone should be worried about their spot in the team, it should Pique based on how our transfer policy is going atm.

Nonsense the lot it.

Egert

Estonian Culé
I believe Rac1 on this one, Cuadrado is our main target right now and after he is done, Vermaelen or someone else will be signed.

Ketoth

In all honesty, Vermaelen's a good defender. Problem is he's so rash, he dives in to challenges and charges up the field thus leaving the defence exposed. However I expect Barcelona coaches to be tough and he will be disciplined. He could turn out well for you guys.

ebc_99

In all honesty, Vermaelen's a good defender. Problem is he's so rash, he dives in to challenges and charges up the field thus leaving the defence exposed. However I expect Barcelona coaches to be tough and he will be disciplined. He could turn out well for you guys.

I agree, I think he is a good player that will add to Barca's squad and he is at least a proper CB and someone who can rotate but doesn't have to be a starter. We will have to wait for that world class CB but when we do go in for him we will have a better bargaining position as we won't be so short in defense.

i_bleed_blaugrana

They showed that if a bigger name comes knocking, you can sway their players to leave and they won't mind pushing a deal through. Gotze and Lewa, two players that Klopp developed into world class players were willing to dip for their biggest rivals as soon as they came knocking.

I'm not knocking Klopp nor Dortmund because I love what they are trying to do there but he reminds in someways of Wenger, for some odd reason or another his big players that he develops leave him. Unfortunately it comes down to finances, Wenger doesn't buy and sells because he's...well Wenger, and even he splashes for the occasional Sanchez but Klopp doesn't even have the warchest he does. Dortmund's overall club model is great but extremely difficult to maintain because of how limited their resources are.

It forces Klopp to continually have to make shrewd investments and develop his players from a certain level and bring them to the European stage. That's really hard to continually do by making moves low key moves during the window and without having a youth development program like we or Arsenal do. Klopp constantly has to scout foreign talent, integrate them into the squad and hope they perform in a short amount of time in what is a very demanding playing style. Sometimes it works but sometimes you fall a little short and when you're best players are getting offers to play with stars, its too hard to keep them unless you can bring in stars yourself and he can't. He can only bring in diamonds in the rough and I greatly admire him for this, but in someways can't you see how he sets himself up to fail? Without having a team of absolute stars on your squad, it is extremely difficult to compete at the highest level nowadays because of how inflated prices are now.

Don't forget about Kagawa nor Sahin either. They were both very important players to when they won Bundesliga and beat Bayern and they left as well for greener pastures. That's why, especially with how amazing he was for Germany this summer, it doesn't make sense why we aren't at least testing the waters for Hummels.

But nah, Vermalen will be greaatttt........

Last edited:

Tomchin

I agree, I think he is a good player that will add to Barca's squad and he is at least a proper CB and someone who can rotate but doesn't have to be a starter. We will have to wait for that world class CB but when we do go in for him we will have a better bargaining position as we won't be so short in defense.
But we need a starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans