Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sique Rodríguez of Cadena SER saying that the Cuadrado signing is ruled out because it'll be too expensive. Also says that only one of Vertonghen and Vermaelen will be coming in IF they sign another CB.

This might collapse big time and we could potentially end up with no one or a really panic buy if Vermaelen choose Man Utd over us.

F

Flavia

Sique Rodríguez of Cadena SER saying that the Cuadrado signing is ruled out because it'll be too expensive. Also says that only one of Vertonghen and Vermaelen will be coming in IF they sign another CB.

This might collapse big time and we could potentially end up with no one or a really panic buy if Vermaelen choose Man Utd over us.

If they won't spend money on cuadrado anymore, the logical thing would be signing a much better CB. Really makes no sense.

Bertus

If they won't spend money on cuadrado anymore, the logical thing would be signing a much better CB. Really makes no sense.

As people said yesterday here, no one knows if they asked other clubs or not for better CBs.

Maybe they asked and got a "not for sale" as reply.

F

Flavia

As people said yesterday here, no one knows if they asked other clubs or not for better CBs.

Maybe they asked and got a "not for sale" as reply.

I'm not talking only about Benatia or another established player.
But if only for depth, for the same price Agger is available. A better player. Or they could get the 50m and try to get a top cb. I know there aren't many available, and maybe they tried and couldn't get one. I would still search more. There are better options than Vermaelen around.

xxxxxx

Signing an injury prone CB and an overrated winger for 50m euros.

Barcelona will be interesting to watch next season, Bartomeu?

You got that right!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
For depth Vermaelen is not bad. But he has the same profile as Mathieu, and I thought Mathieu was our depth signing not our starter. Disappointed.

I

instinct

I'm calm and optimistic but I should avoid this thread for a while. Vermaelen or Benatia, I'm looking forward to watching this team next season.

Bertus

I'm not talking only about Benatia or another established player.
But if only for depth, for the same price Agger is available. A better player. Or they could get the 50m and try to get a top cb. I know there aren't many available, and maybe they tried and couldn't get one. I would still search more. There are better options than Vermaelen around.

To be fair, beside rumors that make it sounds like a done deal (don't forget marcos was announced as "done deal" in july), we don't know if barcelona stopped searching.

F

Flavia

To be fair, beside rumors that make it sounds like a done deal (don't forget marcos was announced as "done deal" in july), we don't know if barcelona stopped searching.

Sky sports reported the bid, Wenger has said he might leave, md insisting on his name for weeks... I don't think this can be labeled as just a rumor. And that means no other cb will come, they won't sign 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans