Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What the hell happened to him, aside from injuries, obviously? He used to be hailed as a beast early on in his Arsenal career?

His lack of positional awarness is something which has always been there, but was ignored for most of the part in his beast season. Also suspect in the air, but that was also ignored since he managed to score on corners.

He scored goals playing as a CB and was aggressive and good tackler = instant fan favourite.

He is basically quite error prone and his injuries have not helped him much either.

My problem is, if you want to get a CB then get one who is a good one who can compete with the others and be a good replacement in case of injuries and suspensions. Vermaelen is just not that.

Last edited:
I

instinct

I wonder if the board has any alternatives to Cuadrado. I can very well imagine that we won't sign anyone, if we miss out on him.

Trickykid

His lack of positional awarness is something which has always been there, but was ignored for most of the part in his beast season. Also suspect in the air, but that was also ignored since he managed to score on corners.

He scored goals playing as a CB and was aggressive and good tackler = instant fan favourite.

He is basically quite error prone and his injuries have not helped him much either.
Cheers. That's good to know.

My problem is, if you want to get a CB then get one who is a good one who can compete with the others and be a good replacement in case of injuries and suspensions. Vermaelen is just not that.
It doesn't sound like it. Hopefully Lucho and the board will have us stand corrected, though.

Neeraj

While we, and the board, keep going on lamenting lack of choices, does anyone know one good reason we didn't try signing Aurier? He seemed to fit the exact role we wanted, no?

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona have given up on signing PSG centre back Marquinhos. Focus is now on Fiorentina player Cuadrado. Vermaelen on standby. [rac1]

Cule4life

The Culest
While we, and the board, keep going on lamenting lack of choices, does anyone know one good reason we didn't try signing Aurier? He seemed to fit the exact role we wanted, no?

So we could have another saga involving Barca wanting a PSG player in the near future...

L

linetty

Cuadrado and Vermaelen sound like our last 2 transfers this window.

:icon_neutral:

F

Flavia

Wenger will make a fool out of Zubi again, huh. The scouting for the b team is so good, but for the 1st is this. It's underwhelming Vermaelen is the option to Marquinhos. Agger would be much better, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans