Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I'll say this though, kinda upsetting the prices Barca is paying to reinforce their defense. Specially considering all they're doing is a temporary fix since 2 years from now they'll probably have to go back out there and get new defenders again.

They got CB depth true enough, but it is older depth and soon enough they'll have to replace them. They better start doing a better job scouting young talent at defense because this CB situation is getting a bit ridiculous as the years go by.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'll say this though, kinda upsetting the prices Barca is paying to reinforce their defense. Specially considering all they're doing is a temporary fix since 2 years from now they'll probably have to go back out there and get new defenders again.

They got CB depth true enough, but it is older depth and soon enough they'll have to replace them. They better start doing a better job scouting young talent at defense because this CB situation is getting a bit ridiculous as the years go by.

Our youngsters ought to be ready by then.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Our youngsters ought to be ready by then.

Assuming they pan out, which is a big assumption. Even then, only Ie is looking up, because Bagnack has plateaued. We'll see what the newcomer Diagne gives, he has promise.

But still, trusting on 19 year olds panning out and becoming trustworthy first team defenders in 2 years is not a smart strategy.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Assuming they pan out, which is a big assumption. Even then, only Ie is looking up, because Bagnack has plateaued. We'll see what the newcomer Diagne gives, he has promise.

But still, trusting on 19 year olds panning out and becoming trustworthy first team defenders in 2 years is not a smart strategy.

I was talking about the Juvenil A boys: Vilanova, Tarin, Quintilla, and Juanma.

Ie could be good, but Bagnack is error prone.

Besides, in two years, who knows what new big name defenders will turn up.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I was talking about the Juvenil A boys: Vilanova, Tarin, Quintilla, and Juanma.

Ie could be good, but Bagnack is error prone.

Besides, in two years, who knows what new big name defenders will turn up.

They better improve significantly in the next couple of years in working the markets for CBs because all their moves point out to a repeat pursuit for the position in 2 years time, and hopefully not sooner.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
They better improve significantly in the next couple of years in working the markets for CBs because all their moves point out to a repeat pursuit for the position in 2 years time, and hopefully not sooner.

There's always the failsafe of paying Laporte's buyout. Besides, this board and Zubi will probably be out of a job in two years.

Bertus

Transfer fee for Arsenal centre back Vermaelen will be 15M plus 4M variables depending on Champions Leagues won. Five-year contract. [rac1]

Arsenal cente back Thomas Vermaelen (28) would tomorrow travel to Barcelona for medical tests and to sign his contract. [md]

The deal on the transfer of Arsenal centre back Thomas Vermaelen (28) to Barcelona will be announced this weekend. Transfer fee 15M. [tv3]
Seems a done deal then.

Much better deal than 19M flat.

Last edited:

zanela

So my dream last night featured Klopp and Hummels. I promise to make them tea every day if Klopp agreed to sanction Mats transfer to Barca the following summer. Klopp remained silent, whilst Hummels thought it was a tempting proposal. And then I woke up. :shrug: :lol:

I

instinct

So my dream last night featured Klopp and Hummels. I promise to make them tea every day if Klopp agreed to sanction Mats transfer to Barca the following summer. Klopp remained silent, whilst Hummels thought it was a tempting proposal. And then I woke up. :shrug: :lol:

Can't wait for MD and Sport to create a rumour out of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans