Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomchin

not true!

According to @fiazhamsath (data via transfermarket)
Cesc in 3 seasons prior to joining Barça missed 63 games because of injury, while Vermaelen last 3 seasons missed 39 games.
Games Cesc missed in 3 seasons after joining Barça? 7.

With all the injuries he suffered at Arenal, Vermaelen made 150 official appearances in 5 seasons at Arsenal, that's 30 games/season.
We don't need more than 30 games/season, as we have now 4 CBs!
How many minutes did he play, vs Cesc, in his last 2 seasons?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He had one long term injury Cesc had loads of repetitive small injuries. Also that's not a fair comparison. This season he didn't play because Kos and Mert have a good partnership. Last season he was injured.

serghei

It's awful i can't say anything without people throwing me fallacies about DL every time.

DL or not, 19M is too much. Even Flavia is thinking the same as me. Why don't you go talk about DL to her?

Grow up a bit, learn to argue with people, and get over the DL case.

Even if it is too much, what have we payed extra, around 5-6 mil. tops? We have a half-billion budget, let's not make a fuss about a mere 5 million. That's called exaggerating.

Bertus

Even if it is too much, what have we payed extra, around 5-6 mil. tops? We have a half-billion budget, let's not make a fuss about a mere 5 million. That's called exaggerating.
Actually, it seems a better deal now that we have details.

Unless Barca wins the CL, it will be 15M, and in the case Barca wins the CL, who cares if they will pay 4 extra millions to Arsenal anyways.

KhaledBarca

Not to optimistic about titles. Still weak defence with no leader +one year older Alves, and almost same midfield.

We added 2 actual CBS Mathieu, Vermaelen plus Rafinha and Rakitic! How it is still weak defense and same midfield!!!!!!!!!!!

Upfront we have Deulofeu back and Suarez "the 9" we were searching for, infact NO ONE would have dreamt about buying a forward like Suarez at the beginning of the transfer period! I was one of the ones who thought he's joining Real Madrid!

Great summer IMO, now its Lucho's turn to make it all work and get the best out of the player, We have a great and deep squad backed with one of the best talented B teams in recent years. Remember, last season few details made the difference. We weren't that far behind Atleti or Real Madrid. In fact even with all the problems & injuries we faced, we still managed to compete on all 3 titles and beat RM twice!

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I saw it on my phone and immediately knew there would be pandemonium on this thread.

This is competing with Bravo for the weakest signing of the summer, but I still think Bravo's deal was worse, so I'm not going to go crazy over this.

Let's hope he can stay healthy and contribute.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Transfer fee for Arsenal centre back Vermaelen will be 15M plus 4M variables depending on Champions Leagues won. Five-year contract. [rac1]

Arsenal cente back Thomas Vermaelen (28) would tomorrow travel to Barcelona for medical tests and to sign his contract. [md]

The deal on the transfer of Arsenal centre back Thomas Vermaelen (28) to Barcelona will be announced this weekend. Transfer fee 15M. [tv3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans