Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryu Hayabusa

I have serious doubts whether a lot of us have seen Piszczek play. He's a quality player. And he only recently turned 29 too.

Yes, in average form he is one of the best RBs in Europe. Top 10 without a doubt. As for the injuries you also have to consider that Dortmund players are forced to run a gazillion times more than your average player due to Klopp's system. So it is only natural for them to be injured a little more than the rest. Last season was proof of that.

Also I have issues seeing Bravo and Mathieu as "quality signings" when Piszczek is not.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Yes, in average form he is one of the best RBs in Europe. Top 10 without a doubt. As for the injuries you also have to consider that Dortmund players are forced to run a gazillion times more than your average player due to Klopp's system. So it is only natural for them to be injured a little more than the rest. Last season was proof of that.

His injury issues were related to his hip issues primarily. But he's had surgery last summer to fix that.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Zubizarreta: "We didn't ask Alves to leave, and we didn't get any bid for him. At this moment nothing indicates his situation will change."

Shegzy

Agreed ...32 million for a 29 year old RB ?? Sounds crazy.

expecially when u can get a young guy like descligio for around that amount,if it because we will be left with Montoya alone when valves contract expire then getting a young rb is the way to go and I am sure there are a lot of right back that would not cost up to that amount

Zincubus

Banned
Piszczek hasn't been the same since his injury

Yeah , 29 year old who's had a recent hip operation shouldn't be costing us 32 million . Jees

Rumours abound suggesting that Real Madrid have completed a deal on a WC forward tonight ...

Edit .. Falcao is saying that the deal is done !!??

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
More people (read: twitter journalists), reporting that Pique will be offloaded in favor of another marquee signing centerback (these rumors don't mention Benatia unlike the previous tweet).

Are they just running with the original rumor, like with the Titus Bramble hoax, or is there something else to it?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Here's the original rumor in case you guys haven't seen it yet:

MOLOCH THE LOVELESS @MochineGun · 7h
just heard from a very reliable source that Barça are planning to sell Piqué and sign Benatia. negotiations are just beginning.

Roma ask €40m and Barça hope to raise that by selling Piqué. rumoured destination is Monaco.

MOLOCH THE LOVELESS ‏@MochineGun · 7h
Club did not forsee his downturn in form & off-pitch behaviour.

throwing the stinkbombs (feud with some journos) is apparently the last straw and club will now look to sell. @RockBottom88 @RafaelH117

club wanted Hummels to replace him, but will be happy with Benatia as Hummels stays at Dortmund.

no. that was a joke which happens to be right. RT @TJ_Norberg: Is that source barcasstuff (with two s instead of one)? :/

MOLOCH THE LOVELESS @MochineGun · 6h
from what I was told negotiations just starting. RT @TJ_Norberg: Reliable enough that you think it will hit the news in the coming days?

so it's possible they could announce it this week. but things are still early. was told club determined to force him out. @TJ_Norberg

the board has lost faith in Piqué. stinkbombs in Finland the last straw. will force him out & replace with Benatia. @barca_sq @DukagjinK8

Luis Enriqué approved move. spoke to prev. players (Totti, De Rossi, etc.) about Benatia. they spoke highly of him. @barca_sq @DukagjinK8

according to my source the board are confident they can make the two moves before deadline. @barca_sq @DukagjinK8

that's what Zubi and Mestre meant today when they said there was still work to do. @barca_sq @DukagjinK8

I should be clear: I don't want Barça to sell Piqué. I think he's world-class. but my source tells me the board disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans