Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Benatia and Piszczek to close out the transfer window? That would be something now wouldn't it?

And please, do take these rumors with a grain of salt. They're not official yet. And the Moloch the Loveless :)VdB:) nor the other twitter journalists have specified who their source is. Only mentioning that their source is "reliable."

Egert

Estonian Culé
Nooo Gerard. I doubt we will sell him, but if we get Benatia then wouldn't mind selling him. Just make sure that you buy replacement first when sell Pique :zubi:

PaulTaylor

Doubt they would sell pique to sign Benatia seems pointless as if they were rumoured to spend 40 million other players before they surly would of just signed Benatia instead as pique is by far the best CB at the club just now

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Doubt they would sell pique to sign Benatia seems pointless as if they were rumoured to spend 40 million other players before they surly would of just signed Benatia instead as pique is by far the best CB at the club just now

I don't know. While, at the moment, there is nothing concrete behind these rumors, the reasoning behind them is solid. Pique's childish behavior and pranks could, theoretically, force the club's hand. And I'm pretty sure Pique qualifies as having broken one or more of Lucho's rules with his stinkbomb pranks.

Either way, I lend more credence to the Piszczek rumor than to this one.

Egert

Estonian Culé
What if Benatia comes and he will be worse than Pique and Pique will dominate the Ligue 1, becomes the best in the world and we will buy him back :pep: :pep:

Pepe Silvia

Our club seems to tolerate less than professional behavior in that we just signed Suarez. I would welcome the Benatia/Pique business but I'm not holding my breath.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Our club seems to tolerate less than professional behavior in that we just signed Suarez. I would welcome the Benatia/Pique business but I'm not holding my breath.

While this may be true, Suarez's behavior on the pitch points towards his underlying mental issues (speculation on how he sees defenders as trying to take him back to Uruguay), whereas Pique's behavior is immature and purely childish.

XaviMessiGirl

I'm always wary when someone who isn't either a professional journalist or working in some other capacity in the football world says they have an insider source but won't name it. Would someone from the club really leak info to one guy on Twitter and no one else? Unless I missed something and Meta has some connection to Barca that I didn't know about.

SeloBarca

As much as i want Benatia, im not sure offloading Pique to get him is the way to go. Benatia has the "i take no crap" aura Puyol has, and might have made Pique shape up.

I

instinct

Great rumour. Perfect way to get followers on twitter.

I'm sure he has reliable sources. Probably the Burgerking newsletter

yahudi

Here's the original rumor in case you guys haven't seen it yet:

MOLOCH THE LOVELESS @MochineGun · 7h
just heard from a very reliable source that Barça are planning to sell Piqué and sign Benatia. negotiations are just beginning.

Roma ask €40m and Barça hope to raise that by selling Piqué. rumoured destination is Monaco.

MOLOCH THE LOVELESS ‏@MochineGun · 7h
Club did not forsee his downturn in form & off-pitch behaviour.

throwing the stinkbombs (feud with some journos) is apparently the last straw and club will now look to sell. @RockBottom88 @RafaelH117

club wanted Hummels to replace him, but will be happy with Benatia as Hummels stays at Dortmund.

no. that was a joke which happens to be right. RT @TJ_Norberg: Is that source barcasstuff (with two s instead of one)? :/

MOLOCH THE LOVELESS @MochineGun · 6h
from what I was told negotiations just starting. RT @TJ_Norberg: Reliable enough that you think it will hit the news in the coming days?

so it's possible they could announce it this week. but things are still early. was told club determined to force him out. @TJ_Norberg

the board has lost faith in Piqué. stinkbombs in Finland the last straw. will force him out & replace with Benatia. @barca_sq @DukagjinK8

Luis Enriqué approved move. spoke to prev. players (Totti, De Rossi, etc.) about Benatia. they spoke highly of him. @barca_sq @DukagjinK8

according to my source the board are confident they can make the two moves before deadline. @barca_sq @DukagjinK8

that's what Zubi and Mestre meant today when they said there was still work to do. @barca_sq @DukagjinK8

I should be clear: I don't want Barça to sell Piqué. I think he's world-class. but my source tells me the board disagree.

4f9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans