Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Not comparable, really. Alves was already a good player, you could see he had a lot of potential. He showed that often on the pitch, playing the brasileirao. The supporters here loved him. And he was 19, not 24, when moved to sevilla, on loan.

Maybe not, but you can't always know how a player will handle going to a great club. Some can't handle the pressure, some evolve as players. I say, if the sum is low, around 5-6 mil. max., maybe it's worth the risk. God knows we have wasted a lot more money than that in recent years. And we should also take into consideration the lack of good offensive RBs.

F

Flavia

Maybe not, but you can't always know how a player will handle going to a great club. Some can't handle the pressure, some evolve as players. I say, if the sum is low, around 5-6 mil. max., maybe it's worth the risk. God knows we have wasted a lot more money than that in recent years. And we should also take into consideration the lack of good offensive RBs.

Douglas is not worth the risk. He's crap. I don't often say that about players, btw. Dani was shining in the brasileiro, for a low mid table team, at age 18. And sevilla got him on loan, exactly to see if he would do well before buying him.

serghei

Douglas is not worth the risk. He's crap. I don't often say that about players, btw. Dani was shining in the brasileiro, for a low mid table team, at age 18. And sevilla got him on loan, exactly to see if he would do well before buying him.

OK, I'm smart enough not to argue with you about brazilian players. I don't even know the player, I'm speaking generally. Trying a player from South America is one of the smart things you can do when the european market is so f...ed up.

Last edited:

Zavix

You guys are too quick to judge, let the kid have his chance to prove himself, he might even prove all of us wrong and turn into a monster right back.

Zebulun

You guys are too quick to judge, let the kid have his chance to prove himself, he might even prove all of us wrong and turn into a monster right back.

When all of brazil is laughing at us for getting so much money for "subpar player" you just know something is not right. Especially more so because of the looming transfer ban.

spark

I assume you are talking to the legions of Sao Paulo fans who dont rate him. He can keep 'proving' himself just fine where he is in Brazil.

F

Flavia

OK, I'm smart enough not to argue with you about brazilian players. I don't even know the player, I'm speaking generally. Trying a player from South America is one of the smart things you can do when the european market is so f...ed up.

Not with our scouting, as it seems. There are far better choices in europe for the rb that wouldn't be too costly, as Darmian. Or even if he costed too much more, it'd be much better than buying a sp scrub as douglas.

I've seen him play multiple times. He won't turn into a monster, he's very limited technically. And he's not a kid, he's 24.

Egert

Estonian Culé
I've seen him play multiple times. He won't turn into a monster, he's very limited technically. And he's not a kid, he's 24.

This. Boy is already 24 and won't have a lot of time to reach his potential, if he has any left.

Zincubus

Banned
As regards Douglas ..... Even more worrying is that Douglas is apparantly related to Juan Figger, who is a major money-making agent since the 80's with big ties with São Paulo.....,, *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans