Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Pele: "Douglas is one of the best Brazilian defenders I have ever seen."”

Is Pele okay?

Where is the quote from? Nothing on br press.

Good news, also from the br press:

Aidar is now saying the transfer is not likely to happen. He didn't say why... Imagine if it was all a hoax. My fingers are crossed.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Aidar is now saying the transfer is not likely to happen. He didn't say why... Imagine if it was all a hoax. My fingers are crossed.

Rumors suggest that now that the transfer window in Brazil has closed, Barcelona would be unable to loan Douglas back to Sao Paulo and thus the deal has collapsed.

And I saw the quote on twitter. Turns out it was a false quote, sorry.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
BvkhEyBIgAEyLh8.jpg

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Darmian is much better than Douglas. And how can you say getting a bad player is inconsequential, when the consequences are so obvious, because of the ban? Errors were made, and buying douglas is another huge mistake. This is bad as it gets.

It'd be better to get sociedad's or levante's rb, who are both decent, if the thing is getting a cheap temporary rb. You're also ignoring the fact this might be a shady business, Traffic is involved.

Flavia, I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. I'm not disputing the assessment of many that Douglas is not a good player, I don't know anything about him. I saw his highlight video and wasn't much impressed, and those are highlights. Nor am I satisfied with the RB situation or the fact they have neglected it up to this current quandary.

When I say the signing is inconsequential, I do not mean it in the sense of not upgrading the RB position in the eve of the ban is inconsequential. Not upgrading the RB position, with the fact that Alves is not the player he used to be, Montoya is not becoming the player we want him to be, and the ban looming on the horizon, is a very questionable at best decision by the club. That is consequential

What I mean as the signing being inconsequential is that once they failed to secure a clear upgrade; once they failed to buy the experiment in Cuadrado; and once they clearly seemed to have settled back on playing what they currently have, buying Douglas for a measly €6m is pretty inconsequential. That signing in on itself can only bring upside.

You can very well criticize and be upset at the fact that this is the situation the team has placed themselves. They failed to upgrade the RB. Buying Douglas for €6m for me is the same as buying no one at all. That is why I think it is inconsequential. The poor RB situation with the impending ban is very much not inconsequential.

F

Flavia

Flavia, I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. I'm not disputing the assessment of many that Douglas is not a good player, I don't know anything about him. I saw his highlight video and wasn't much impressed, and those are highlights. Nor am I satisfied with the RB situation or the fact they have neglected it up to this current quandary.

When I say the signing is inconsequential, I do not mean it in the sense of not upgrading the RB position in the eve of the ban is inconsequential. Not upgrading the RB position, with the fact that Alves is not the player he used to be, Montoya is not becoming the player we want him to be, and the ban looming on the horizon, is a very questionable at best decision by the club. That is consequential

What I mean as the signing being inconsequential is that once they failed to secure a clear upgrade; once they failed to buy the experiment in Cuadrado; and once they clearly seemed to have settled back on playing what they currently have, buying Douglas for a measly €6m is pretty inconsequential. That signing in on itself can only bring upside.

You can very well criticize and be upset at the fact that this is the situation the team has placed themselves. They failed to upgrade the RB. Buying Douglas for €6m for me is the same as buying no one at all. That is why I think it is inconsequential. The poor RB situation with the impending ban is very much not inconsequential.

I can't agree with any of that, because if they do get him, he might play. Then you'd see the consequences. I'm not even worried about the fee at this point. Getting no one would actually be much better, as the risk of douglas playing wouldn't exist.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I can't agree with any of that, because if they do get him, he might play. Then you'd see the consequences. I'm not even worried about the fee at this point. Getting no one would actually be much better, as the risk of douglas playing wouldn't exist.

If they play him, it is because he is either performing better than the players the team currently have, or there is a litany of injuries. In both cases, having him is better than not. There are still 3 players that can play RB in the team. The idea was to find upgrade not depth, depth they have.

Jadentheman

I don't care. It's quite a rarity you see the worlds greatest attacking players all for the same team.

Let Barca make history again, even if it could end in disaster, the thought of it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans