Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Clearly not very many if they actually rate him. Since they're the only ones who do. Or maybe they have scouted him a lot and are dumb enough to think he's good. Probably both (haven't scouted him a lot and they're dumb enough to think he's good).

You dont even know how highly they rate him or expect from him.

I have seen nothing of him other than youtube clips that in all honestly could make any Brazilian player look decent. But one thing that comes up a lot when he is discussed is his energy. It may be a gamble that if they can refine him a player with that work rate could be an asset.

I dont think they are expecting Cafu to turn up.

If he comes across and even looks remotely decent they will get most of the money back for him anyway. Its not a risk that is a total failure if he is not good enough.

F

Flavia

You dont even know how highly they rate him or expect from him.

I have seen nothing of him other than youtube clips that in all honestly could make any Brazilian player look decent. But one thing that comes up a lot when he is discussed is his energy. It may be a gamble that if they can refine him a player with that work rate could be an asset.

I dont think they are expecting Cafu to turn up.

If he comes across and even looks remotely decent they will get most of the money back for him anyway. Its not a risk that is a total failure if he is not good enough.

Douglas is not better than Montoya. If he was 19-21, there could be something to do about his development. And one of his biggest problems is his passing.
The only sense I can make of this deal, is that someone from the board owns something to Traffic, and are trying to pay it by buying him.

SeloBarca

Agree. Douglas is not better then Montoya. Its just wasted money.
If he was 19-20, sure. But hes 24.

Douglas for 8, while Aurier went on loan with buyout clause to PSG.
Vermalen and Mathieu for 30-40 mil while Benatia most likely is going to Bayern for 40-45m.

Some of this years signings makes no sense.

Imo we have made 3 good signings in Ter Stegen, Rakitic and arguably Suarez. The other positions we coulda done much better in.

JamDav1982

Vermalen and Mathieu for 30-40 mil while Benatia most likely is going to Bayern for 40-45m.

Imo we have made 3 good signings in Ter Stegen, Rakitic and arguably Suarez. The other positions we coulda done much better in.

It is wasted money if he comes doesnt break into the first team and they dont get money back for him.

He is 24 but only just turned 24 and I am sure I read he is only one year older than Maicon when he came to europe and close to a year younger than Thiago Silva when he made the move.

Vermaelen and Mathieu are good signings add pace and comfortable pulled into full back areas. While both add depth.

Try and name a back three with Benatia in it that looks as balanced and with as much depth. Thats the options they provide.

It is wasted money if he comes doesnt break into the first team and they dont get money back for him.

He is 24 but only just turned 24 and I am sure I read he is only one year older than Maicon when he came to europe and close to a year younger than Thiago Silva when he made the move.

Vermaelen and Mathieu are good signings add pace and comfortable pulled into full back areas. While both add depth.

Try and name a back three with Benatia in it that looks as balanced and with as much depth. Thats the options they provide.

I'd take Benatia, Pique and Bartra over Mathieu, Pique and Bartra. The latter is what we have now since Vermaelen's pretty much always injured.

+1

IMO, it was still a good transfer window (maybe my standards are low because of the transfer windows of the past few seasons), if only because of Mats, Rakitic and Suarez, but we could still have done better with the other signings. Mathieu is old and expensive (and imo not good enough to justify his price tag at his age), Bravo was really expensive for a backup keeper, and Vermaelen's constantly injured.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I'd take Benatia, Pique and Bartra over Mathieu, Pique and Bartra. The latter is what we have now since Vermaelen's pretty much always injured.

Who of Bartra, Mathieu and Benatia can play on the left of a back three? If you say Bartra who plays on the right?

Edit: Meant Pique in place of Mathieu there!

Last edited:

NotInHere

if I remember correctly you were saying the rakitic deal was bad, what changed your mind?

JamDav1982

Barcelona agreed today a personal 5-year deal with Sao Paulo right back Douglas (24). Transfer to be announced in the coming days. [sport]

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
If douglas had potential, I'd agree with you. And those kinds of bets should always be for the b team, not the 1st. Like Halilovic. And you're forgetting a serious downside, that is the transfer ban.

It is still just a flyer on a fringe player. I understand people are non too happy with the player itself, but at the end of the day it is just a €6 gamble, that is all. It's not a big deal.

Transfer ban is really not a downside here. If there were good options for RBs in the market, Barca would have bought one before FIFA even rejected the appeal. Fact of the matter was there are no decent choices out there. Barca are very much prepared, at least it seems to be, to endure the time of the ban with the players they have currently.

Taking a very low risk gamble on a player is not the end of the world, it really isn't.

And for the record, I'm not saying people should not be dissatisfied with the player. By all accounts he seems to be nothing special, or worse. Just saying this is just an inconsequential things. Really nothing meriting uproar. At least how I see it.

It is still just a flyer on a fringe player. I understand people are non too happy with the player itself, but at the end of the day it is just a €6 gamble, that is all. It's not a big deal.

Transfer ban is really not a downside here. If there were good options for RBs in the market, Barca would have bought one before FIFA even rejected the appeal. Fact of the matter was there are no decent choices out there. Barca are very much prepared, at least it seems to be, to endure the time of the ban with the players they have currently.

Taking a very low risk gamble on a player is not the end of the world, it really isn't.

And for the record, I'm not saying people should not be dissatisfied with the player. By all accounts he seems to be nothing special, or worse. Just saying this is just an inconsequential things. Really nothing meriting uproar. At least how I see it.

There was Aurier. About the same price and far more likely to succeed.

It's a 6 million euro gamble that's 95% likely to fail.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
There was Aurier. About the same price and far more likely to succeed.

It's a 6 million euro gamble that's 95% likely to fail.

You simply don't know how much Aurier would have costed. The fact that he was loaned to PSG and not sold, leads me to believe Toulouse was asking for more than €6m and PSG was in no position to pay it this season, but next one.

From someone who has never seen him play thats quite a statement.

Jumping to conclusions I see.

Pretty much everyone who watches Aurier rates him. Including this forum's French league fan. Which means he's good. Definitely way better than Douglas (the guy who plays for a team whose fans would pay us to take him from them). I don't have to have watched him to know that.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Barca was scouting Aurier but it wasn't till it was too late.... Like always par for the course

They were focusing too much on Cuadrado

JamDav1982

Jumping to conclusions I see.

Anyways, pretty much everyone who watches Aurier rates him. Including this forum's French league fan. Which means he's good. Definitely way better than Douglas. I don't have to have watched him to know that.

Not really jumping to conclusions when everything you say about him is based on what others think.

Have you seen him play?

Aureir was closer to 10m euros but he does look a good player and would have been a safer bet but again you are assuming Barca just get all the players they want. For all we know he had agreed to join PSG months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans