Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really jumping to conclusions when everything you say about him is based on what others think.

Have you seen him play?

Aureir was closer to 10m euros but he does look a good player and would have been a safer bet but again you are assuming Barca just get all the players they want. For all we know he had agreed to join PSG months ago.

If people who watch the French league day in day out think he's good, then he's good.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Btw, Francois Gallardo is trending worldwide on twitter. I can only imagine the humongous bullshit he must have said in El Chiringuito to elicit such a worldwide response.

Anyone know what he said?

JamDav1982

If people who watch the French league day in day out think he's good, then he's good.

I wasnt referring to the idea of Aurier being a better player but Douglas '95% likely to fail'. It was he I was saying you had never seen play.

To be fair I actually assumed even you had watched Aurier.... obviously not!

I wasnt referring to the idea of Aurier being a better player but Douglas '95% likely to fail'. It was he I was saying you had never seen play.

To be fair I actually assumed even you had watched Aurier.... obviously not!

No one who watches him rates him. Including the Brazilian on this forum. Hell, as I said, NO ONE rates him besides Zubi and co. Therefore, he sucks. Once again, I don't need to have watched him to know that.

Seriously, I don't need to watch every god damn player day in day out to have a general idea of how good he is. If those who watch Aurier rate him, he's obviously good. If those who watch Douglas don't rate him, then he obviously sucks.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

No one who watches him rates him. Including the Brazilian on this forum. Hell, as I said, NO ONE rates him besides Zubi and co. Therefore, he sucks. Once again, I don't need to have watched him to know that.

You dont speak for all Brazillians or all that have ever watched Douglas.

There are plenty of sites with Brazillians discussing him and people giving their opinions and although a lot of it is negative it does vary.

Do you ever wait and see what a player gives or just go by the mass opinion?

Crixus

Btw, Francois Gallardo is trending worldwide on twitter. I can only imagine the humongous bullshit he must have said in El Chiringuito to elicit such a worldwide response.

Anyone know what he said?
i read on twitter that he said Barca offered Rm 60m for Di Maria (i don't know if he said this i just saw it on twitter) , Typical Gallardo BS .
And something about Iker signing with Monaco .

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
On the topic of the transfer ban, would it be possible for us to seal a deal for a player that wouldn't be active until either the 2016 winter or summer transfer windows?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
i read on twitter that he said Barca offered Rm 60m for Di Maria (i don't know if he said this i just saw it on twitter) , Typical Gallardo BS .
And something about Iker signing with Monaco .

Yeah seems he said that. He also apparently said again Messi is leaving. Gallardo is a professional troll.

F

Flavia

It is still just a flyer on a fringe player. I understand people are non too happy with the player itself, but at the end of the day it is just a €6 gamble, that is all. It's not a big deal.

Transfer ban is really not a downside here. If there were good options for RBs in the market, Barca would have bought one before FIFA even rejected the appeal. Fact of the matter was there are no decent choices out there. Barca are very much prepared, at least it seems to be, to endure the time of the ban with the players they have currently.

Taking a very low risk gamble on a player is not the end of the world, it really isn't.

And for the record, I'm not saying people should not be dissatisfied with the player. By all accounts he seems to be nothing special, or worse. Just saying this is just an inconsequential things. Really nothing meriting uproar. At least how I see it.

How is the transfer ban not a downside? As it stands, we're stuck with alves and montoya until 2016. There is darmian, de sciglio and others rb's, still better than douglas.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
How is the transfer ban not a downside? As it stands, we're stuck with alves and montoya until 2016. There is darmian, de sciglio and others rb's, still better than douglas.

And all of those would have likely costed more than Barca was willing to pay. I say it isn't a downside because the fact Barca did no get a new RB when it seemed upgrading the position was a need, it likely was because they did not find anyone worthy, or they found the options adverse money-wise. Or both. So they settled for what they had, in which case, gambling on Douglas, or not, is pretty much the same thing. The only difference is €6m which in this day and age is very little money for a transfer.

I look at it this way:

- Barca decided they could use upgrade at RB
-They look for a quality and established RB to start and bring an upgrade. Find none. (There really are none)
-They then move on to looking for alternatives that they can take a risk on. Find none or find the ones available to be too expensive or price-adverse. (Cuadrado falls here IMO. Cuadrado would have been an experiment but they clearly did not think the risk was worth the price)
-They end up settling for the players they already have and wait for a better opportunity to present itself.

At this point, getting Douglas or not, it is really almost the same thing. They already pretty much settled on playing the players they already have. Douglas is just a flyer for a low price. Nothing more.

I understand people who know the player think he is not very good, but, for me, he is just an inconsequential buy. If he proves people wrong, Barca look like geniuses. If he doesn't he fades into obscurity and no one is the wiser because he wasn't really a big signing, just a flyer.

There is very little downside here, IMHO.

F

Flavia

And all of those would have likely costed more than Barca was willing to pay. I say it isn't a downside because the fact Barca did no get a new RB when it seemed upgrading the position was a need, it likely was because they did not find anyone worthy, or they found the options adverse money-wise. Or both. So they settled for what they had, in which case, gambling on Douglas, or not, is pretty much the same thing. The only difference is €6m which in this day and age is very little money for a transfer.

I look at it this way:

- Barca decided they could use upgrade at RB
-They look for a quality and established RB to start and bring an upgrade. Find none. (There really are none)
-They then move on to looking for alternatives that they can take a risk on. Find none or find the ones available to be too expensive or price-adverse. (Cuadrado falls here IMO. Cuadrado would have been an experiment but they clearly did not think the risk was worth the price)
-They end up settling for the players they already have and wait for a better opportunity to present itself.

At this point, getting Douglas or not, it is really almost the same thing. They already pretty much settled on playing the players they already have. Douglas is just a flyer for a low price. Nothing more.

I understand people who know the player think he is not very good, but, for me, he is just an inconsequential buy. If he proves people wrong, Barca look like geniuses. If he doesn't he fades into obscurity and no one is the wiser because he wasn't really a big signing, just a flyer.

There is very little downside here, IMHO.

It's all a downside. There's still money, and this is a position that needs strenghtening next season. Darmian wouldn't cost a lot more. I can't see it. And being cheap about is the worst decision they can make. Douglas is no upgrade, and if he is bought and Cas maintains the 2 windows ban, it will be a huge problem. I really fail to see any advantages this move can bring. It's just another stupid move from our board.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It's all a downside. There's still money, and this is a position that needs strenghtening next season. Darmian wouldn't cost a lot more. I can't see it. And being cheap about is the worst decision they can make. Douglas is no upgrade, and if he is bought and Cas maintains the 2 windows ban, it will be a huge problem. I really fail to see any advantages this move can bring. It's just another stupid move from our board.

Darmian isn't really a clear upgrade over the players the team has. Once the team moved away from finding a clear cut upgrade because there were none, everyone you get after that is just a flyer.

If would be a bigger deal if they had passed up clear upgrades for Douglas, but this isn't the case.

I understand you think they could have looked for better players even under the conditions of flyers, but IMO this buy is inconsequential.

The error was done at not scouting the position proactively so that they would not find themselves in this position right now of not being able to have a clear upgrade to fall on. But then again, they pretty much did the same with the entire team the last 4 years and got either lucky other positions had more options, or they were able to throw money at them. Even then, they pretty much patched up the CB spot at the end.

F

Flavia

Darmian isn't really a clear upgrade over the players the team has. Once the team moved away from finding a clear cut upgrade because there were none, everyone you get after that is just a flyer.

If would be a bigger deal if they had passed up clear upgrades for Douglas, but this isn't the case.

I understand you think they could have looked for better players even under the conditions of flyers, but IMO this buy is inconsequential.

The error was done at not scouting the position proactively so that they would not find themselves in this position right now of not being able to have a clear upgrade to fall on. But then again, they pretty much did the same with the entire team the last 4 years and got either lucky other positions had more options, or they were able to throw money at them. Even then, they pretty much patched up the CB spot at the end.

Darmian is much better than Douglas. And how can you say getting a bad player is inconsequential, when the consequences are so obvious, because of the ban? Errors were made, and buying douglas is another huge mistake. This is bad as it gets.

It'd be better to get sociedad's or levante's rb, who are both decent, if the thing is getting a cheap temporary rb. You're also ignoring the fact this might be a shady business, Traffic is involved.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Do you guys think the transfer ban, if upheld, will have an adverse impact on Barca B's chances of staying in the Liga Adelante? I think it could be hard to replace some of the players that would be promoted to the first team next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans