Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it's true, Perez didn't want to negotiate anyway. No way there'll be again transfer between Real & Barca. Not in this century.

Well, there could be one if Barca pays the buyout clause of an RM player. Or vice versa. But that's the only way a Real to Barca (or vice versa) transfer can happen.

What's Di Maria's buyout clause (yes, I know it's way beyond what we'd ever pay)?

Thiago DID have a HIGH release clause. The problem was Thiago's father insisted to insert a sub-clause that said if he doesn't get to start 20/25 (I don't exactly remember) matches in that season, his release clause would be 22/25m. And unfortunately because of Thiago's injury, NOT because he wasn't chosen, he fell short of that figure. So Bayern got him for cheap.

It wasn't a certain number of matches, it was 60% of the games he was available for. So it happened because he didn't get chosen enough.

Last edited:
L

linetty

Di Maria to Barca ain't happening, it's just SPORTs journalists on this forum picking up what other users write.

Joke of a newspaper

L

linetty

I don't want another forward as well but I'd pick Reus over di Maria if we had to buy one.

MD says we've made enquiries for Reus but he already has a deal with Bayern for next year :lol: Poor BVB

serghei

I may be in the minority here, but I don't want to splash cash on more world class forwards. Where would we fit them all?

Reus is not really a forward, more like a midfielder.

1079050_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Just like that.

3 fixed defenders who can take care of counterattacks +1 when in need (Mascherano dropping deep and allowing us to switch from 3+2 defence to 4+1). You can also play Rakitic as he defends and covers space very well.

serghei

Rakitic and Alba dropped? Heartbreaking.

Alba can be played in Iniesta's position, since Andres is 30 and needs more rest than before. Rakitic can be played instead of Masche, just like Masche can play in the 3 defenders line, instead of either Mathieu or Vermaelen/Bartra.

Last edited:

serghei

I wouldnt drop Rakitic, even for Reus

You won't need to. You can play Raki+Masche, Raki+Busi, Busi+Masche in any combo in the DM-CM area. The only thing about the system is that there won't be fullback overlappings in the flanks anymore. But, given the fact that an overlap often ends with a ordinary cross, it's not such a big deal after all. Instead, it gives us one extra man in defence.

You can even play Xavi there against teams that park the bus.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even though Reus is one of my favourite players, I think he is not needed here at all and shouldn't be brought.

serghei

Even though Reus is one of my favourite players, I think he is not needed here at all and shouldn't be brought.

We don't need him desperately, but if he's available and wants to join, we should go for it. Not very often you find players like Reus with less than 1 year left of his contract. There is a place for him in the team, since we sold Alexis, who's pretty close to Reus' profile. Imagine you have Reus now. He starts the next 5-6 games easily.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We don't need him desperately, but if he's available and wants to join, we should go for it. Not very often you find players like Reus with less than 1 year left of his contract. There is place for him. Imagine you have Reus now. He starts the next 5-6 games easily.

Dortmund won't sell him at the moment. They won't even consider a bid. A chance to buy him would be next summer granted that he doesn't renew which he may well do. And next summer we most likely won't be able to buy anyone anyway.

serghei

We can buy him now and let him end his contract with Dortmund. If he is set to leave 100%, Dortmund would want to sell, and if we let him 1 more year with Dortmund, that could seal the deal. There are many "if"-s, I agree, and Dortmund will look to convince Reus to sign another contract with BvB, but given the chance, he should be signed IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans