Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanela

I'm fairly sure I read in MD/SPORT that it was Lucho who turned down Kroos. Don't be blaming zubi for everything. He's been trying (making pre-agreements in some cases) to bring in as many Germans as possible (Hummels, Reus, Gündoğan, Kroos), its not his fault if Lucho is anti-german. :coffee:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Also, Kroos is a lot better than Rakitic.

On paper yes, but not necessarily in reality with Barca settings. Rakitic has his flaws, so does Kroos.

And the notion that we "turned down" Kroos is a myth. I think it just meant his name probably came up during our search of midfielders and it was shot down by the board/Zubi/Lucho, not that Kroos himself, his agent or Bayern had knocked on our doors wondering if we are interested and we flat out told them no.

serghei

I'm fairly sure I read in MD/SPORT that it was Lucho who turned down Kroos. Don't be blaming zubi for everything. He's been trying (making pre-agreements in some cases) to bring in as many Germans as possible (Hummels, Reus, Gündoğan, Kroos), its not his fault if Lucho is anti-german. :coffee:

I was under the impression that Lucho-Zubi is a team.

mazp

On paper yes, but not necessarily in reality with Barca settings. Rakitic has his flaws, so does Kroos.

And the notion that we "turned down" Kroos is a myth. I think it just meant his name probably came up during our search of midfielders and it was shot down by the board/Zubi/Lucho, not that Kroos himself, his agent or Bayern had knocked on our doors wondering if we are interested and we flat out told them no.

I believe Kroos agent was shopping Toni around to different clubs. And according credible sources Kroos was very interested in coming to Barca. That's what's out there. Then Lucho/staff said no.

zanela

I was under the impression that Lucho-Zubi is a team.

That doesn't mean he can't override the SD's decision. He did the same with the keeper situation. Atleast for this summer, the onus is on Lucho as he's had the last word on all the signings. The only signings that he asked, but weren't acquired: Cuadrado (due to economic reasons), and Marcos (due to PSG's reluctance).

F

Flavia

Easy to say in hindsight to be fair.

No, not hindsight in this case, sadly. Zubi planned badly. Or whoever blocked his transfers, if that's what happened. This board lack vision. They failed to reinforced the team over the years, not only in defense.
And they didn't get anyone to replace Thiago because we have Roberto, the patient midfielder.

S2K1985

Chatbot
No, not hindsight in this case, sadly. Zubi planned badly. Or whoever blocked his transfers, if that's what happened. This board lack vision. They failed to reinforced the team over the years, not only in defense.
And they didn't get anyone to replace Thiago because we have Roberto, the patient midfielder.

OT: Untypical avatar for you

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Would have loved to get Isco.

But seriously, no matter who we get, if we simply force these players to conform to our set style and play that do not change, it doesn't matter who we get, we won't get the best out of them.

True. What happened under Pep is a once in a lifetime type of achievement. It's naive to try and replicate it. We should evolve our style of play instead of being stuck in the past.

F

Flavia

If Barcelona want Denis Suarez (20) to return in 2015, despite two-year loan, they could offer Sevilla another player as compensation. [md]

They could send Roberto. Or Pedro :p

khaled_a_d

If Barcelona want Denis Suarez (20) to return in 2015, despite two-year loan, they could offer Sevilla another player as compensation. [md]

They could send Roberto. Or Pedro :p

I am sure they have their eyes on some of Barca B top prospects,like Adama/Allen/Samper may be Dongou or Muni ,think they would want one or two of those

I

instinct

Bye Bye Sergi Roberto.

Do you really think that he'll leave?

tumblr_m6frbfvGaA1rnvapzo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans