Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

Luckily this board will be gone.
They would seriously splash 100M for a player Like Pogba :shakeshead:

Laporta isn't shying from spending either ,we don't know other candidates philosophy
But I am not against paying huge sum for Pogba as long as it is in the coach interest .he is young ,strong and very technically gifted player .he is currently overrated but most young players who are "superstars in the making " tends to be overrated early on
100M is so much .but if we can get him for something around 80 and the coach see him as a player who fits his plan I am all for it

khaled_a_d

50m or Koke/Gundongan/Veratti

PSG won't let Veratti go, specially with new competent coach
Koke has 60M release clause and with Taxes it could go close to 70M to get him .he is good player but Pogba is the better one and people would say Koke is better fit but honestly I would think it is quit opposite specially with the more direct football we are playing right now ,Pogba would help the team to keep changing its approach and would immediately add physical addition to the team
I don't remember when was the last time Gundongan was performing at high level .he is yet to get to his best after the injury tbh
A midfield player to take over Iniesta should be our top priority in 2016 summer .the market is inflated and unless one of our young players step up the midfield signing at that time will take a good part of our transfer budget

Last edited:

Alen

James rodriguez went for 80M, that's just the market for young overhyped players right now. Pogba will go for at least 70M and I would pay it. He's the kind of player to keep at least 40/50 million value even he doesn't rise to that superstar level with us. We wouldn't really lose money if we buy him.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Pogba - 2 assists, 1.4 key passes per game, Koke - 12 assists, 2.2 key passes per game. Is Pogba really a player that can control the midfield and provide our strikers with assists? Because that is what we need right now and Koke seems way more suitable for this job, not to mention his amazing defensive contribution.

DinhoR10

The hype around Pogba is insane and unwarranted in my opinion, we don't need him not for 100 million especially since we have many young players that know our style and system already. If they were all to fail in the next two years we could probably still spend that 100 mill on Thiago, Isco (if he left madrid) and verrati and have a better team at the end of the day. This is stupid.

Alen

The hype around Pogba is insane and unwarranted in my opinion, we don't need him not for 100 million especially since we have many young players that know our style and system already. If they were all to fail in the next two years we could probably still spend that 100 mill on Thiago, Isco (if he left madrid) and verrati and have a better team at the end of the day. This is stupid.

I agree.
I would take Koke or Verratti over Pogba because they are more the type of players we need but Pogba for 70/80M is a great buy. He is a young very talented player who would add power to our midfield, along with his obvious technical ability.

BBZ8800

Laporta had smart and cheaper transfers (except for Ronaldinho and Etoo) the last time when he was here.
His only "strange" transfer was Henry, in last years of his presidency.

Pogba for 100 Millions looks like something what the current board would do.
Laporta looks more like a guy who will buy good, and yet cheaper players for strengthening our team.
At least that is how he acted last time
-- Ronnie, Etoo, Deco were only expensive transfers
-- Marquez, Belletti, Edmilson, Guily were a normal prices
-- Van Bommel, Larsson and Ezquerro came for a total of 0 Millions (Free agents)
-- Sylvinho and Van Bronckhorst came for 2-3 Millions each

Laporta is giving me some faith that Pogba will never play in Barcelona.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Laporta had smart and cheaper transfers (except for Ronaldinho and Etoo) the last time when he was here.
His only "strange" transfer was Henry, in last years of his presidency.

Pogba for 100 Millions looks like something what the current board would do.
Laporta looks more like a guy who will buy good, and yet cheaper players for strengthening our team.
At least that is how he acted last time
-- Ronnie, Etoo, Deco were only expensive transfers
-- Marquez, Belletti, Edmilson, Guily were a normal prices
-- Van Bommel, Larsson and Ezquerro came for a total of 0 Millions (Free agents)
-- Sylvinho and Van Bronckhorst came for 2-3 Millions each

Laporta is giving me some faith that Pogba will never play in Barcelona.

I like Laporta and Txiki ,they got us many bargains and they never let a position need a reinforcement without bringing players to fill the void ,always looked to improve the team
But the guy is ready to break the bank to get the player the coach want too ,as barca1899 said ,Ibra&Chygrynsky ring some bells .sure Pep was stubborn who insisted in bringing them and didn't sign extension b4 both signed ,it still shows you that he is ready to spent

Villa and Alves was very expensive too btw ,worth it but expensive
Caceras was relatively expensive
Deco,Eto and R10 were Bargains who were bought below their market value even at that time

Ocelot

You can say 100 good things about Laporta but getting bargain transfers is not for sure.

Keirrison, Caceras, Chy, Ibra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans