Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Wow, this guy is FAT. So Suarez won't be most overweight guy in team :)) just kidding). Also quite tall for a FB, he might have problem with fast agile wingers. Also no defensve highlights, another worrying sign.

Fat? His build looks normal to me.

Why is no defensive highlights a worrying sign? The editor could very well have been focusing on his qualities in attack. He can play midfield too you know.

L

linetty

Wow, this guy is FAT. So Suarez won't be most overweight guy in team :)) just kidding). Also quite tall for a FB, he might have problem with fast agile wingers. Also no defensve highlights, another worrying sign.
WTF?

anguy

Fat? His build looks normal to me.

Why is no defensive highlights a worrying sign? The editor could very well have been focusing on his qualities in attack. He can play midfield too you know.

I did not know that, thanks. I don't know anything about him, to tell the truth, except those highlights. But he certainly seemed to be built more like CB, than RB. And wiki said he's 1m 84cm, I always thought he's smaller, like Dani. Not that height is a bad thing, it might help in aerial duels (although looking at Busquets not always, ha) I guess I'm a little prejudiced - I believe "proper" RB should be under 1m 80 (because of agility).

anguy

30 mil.? Danilo's contract runs out next year.

Because Porto & Ban & we are desperate.

ETA:
So I was thinking about our potential midfield targets and I decided to sumarize them, based on their performance, price, suitability etc.

Verratti - pros : young, good short and midrange passing, ball control, good defensively, hard worker
cons: PSG might not let him go, short, not that big threat in final third (?), don't know about his long balls
- likely price: 50 mil
Kovacic - pros: great dribbling, decent passing, quite similar to Iniesta, but stronger, young, played also as DM before
cons: not really proven, even with him Inter midfield is quite weak
- likely price: 25-30 mil
Pjanic - p: good vision, passing, especially long passes, decent ball control, good shooting
c: inconsistent, seems to be out of form lately with whole Roma, not sure how will he perform in LaLiga
- likely price : 35-40 mil (maybe less if his form doesn't improve)
Pogba - pros: strong, fast, young, great dribbler, great shot
- cons: average passer, more an AM, than CM, so he might have problem with current Barca tactics, cost
- likely price : over 100 mil
Isco - p: dribbling, ball control, good passer
- c: can be ball hog, also more of an AM, is owned by Real
- likely price : depends on Real, really
Gundogan - p: very "Xavi like", decent passing, vision, ball control, shot, defending (was DM too), affordable
- c: poor post injury form, together with the rest of the team
- likely price : 20 mil

Other candidates : Herrera (if LVG continues to bench him), Coutinho, Arda Turan (his agent said he wants out of Atletico) , De Bruyne (too much AMish for LE Barca), Reus (is winger not mid and definitely not CM, IMO).

If you know other lesser known candidates (but not young unproven starlets like Tielemans) feel free to chime in.

Last edited:

Xavinho

30 mil.? Danilo's contract runs out next year.

Exactly. If his contract really does expire in 2016, Porto are in a very weak bargaining position. We can't buy anyone until January 2016 and by that time he'll have just a few months left. He can just sit them out if Porto wants to play hardball.

anguy

Exactly. If his contract really does expire in 2016, Porto are in a very weak bargaining position. We can't buy anyone until January 2016 and by that time he'll have just a few months left. He can just sit them out if Porto wants to play hardball.

He might renew. People might ask - why would he do that, when he can move to other club for free? Well players are generally not interested in helping their new clubs finances. Also there more player costs, the more likely will he become a starter. Coaches find it difficult to bench expensive players, so players are not very interested to bring their sales prices down.

BTW, I'm reading now, that PSG told Arsenal Verratti's price is £40m. So he might be on market for right price after all.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
From Renato Goncalves at BarcaBlaugranes:

While Barcelona enjoy a magical nine-game winning streak with great performances on the pitch, the club executives are already looking to improve the squad for the seasons ahead, in hopes to continue this great momentum.

A few days ago, we talked about a report regarding FC Porto right-back Danilo being a Barça target for 2016, once the club is free to perform transfers. As the days went by, the Catalans and the Portuguese powerhouse have made significant improvements in their negotiations, and a deal could become reality soon, according to sources.

According to the reports, Porto is asking €30 million in cash plus the acquisition of forward Cristian Tello, who is currently a loanee. It is possible, however, that the Blaugrana bring the amount down to €22 million, plus Tello, performance bonuses and an extra player, likely Munir El-Haddadi, via loan. The executives at Porto were reportedly satisfied with that counter-offer, and an agreement could be reached within the next couple of weeks, sources say.

Now, it's important to note that the transfer cannot be registered and made official until January 1, 2016, the day when the transfer ban is over. Until then, Barça are able to negotiate and make unofficial deals with any club without any issues, due to the revised decision of the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

If the reports are accurate, an agreement with Danilo is on the way, and a quality replacement for Dani Alves is coming after all.

What do you guys think?

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
hmmm. Just so long as Munir would only be gone on loan then that would be OK. If its true then its not an unbelievable deal but a good one nonetheless.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Renato Goncalves is a bigger fraud than Rafael. The guy said DOUGLAS was good! Douglas!

Yeah but I saw mentions of the rumors about this deal (I think) on here, before Renato's article.

Renato also said Piszczek and Reus were done deals for deadline day in the summer, so there's that as well.

Edit: Actually, not Flavia, but Frodo_FCB. MD/Sport, IIRC also reported 30M for Danilo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans