Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcilliant

Alot of the B team players are not progressing because of the coaching or lack of it. Either we loan them out or give them some first team minutes.

Bertus

Not sure if he will always be better.Don´t even think he is much better at all.Ter stegen seems to be much better suited for barcas playing style imo.

Yeah, Messi might also not be always the best.

As of now, Courtois is the best young GK around. The rest is just dreams, wishfull thinking, and what not.

And what does "more suited for Barca" mean exactly?

Everytime this forum wants to damage control a Barca player compared to another that's always the same good old "this one is more suited for Barca".

Seriously. That's BS. Especially about GKs.

Courtois is just better at the moment. Sure, who knows what will happen in the future. But today right now, he's better and he would have done marvelous here too, barca style BS or not.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Yeah, Messi will also might not be always the best.

As of now, Courtois is the best young GK around. The rest is just dreams, wishfull thinking, and what not.

Everytime this forum wants to damage control a Barca player compared to another that's always the same good old "this one is more suited for Barca".

Courtois is just better at the moment. Sure, who knows what will happen in the future. But today right now, he's better and he would have done marvelous here too.

Arguably De Gea has been better than Courtois this season, Mourinho doesnt seem 100% convinced about him.

Bertus

Arguably De Gea has been better than Courtois this season, Mourinho doesnt seem 100% convinced about him.

To me he's still the best. Had an incredible game again this week.

And he's a confirmed GK still performing around the same level. Don't forget what he did at ATM.

xavi_the_Boss

Courtois is just better at the moment. Sure, who knows what will happen in the future. But today right now, he's better and he would have done marvelous here too, barca style BS or not.

It is not BS.We don´t play like Atletico or Chelsea.Our Keeper should be very good with his feet and should be comfortably coming out of Goal.

G

Gasgas

Barca GKs face different kind of shots with different force and momentum :pep:

zanela

Not. Having a technically adept GK facilitates our transitional play, enables us to build attacks from the back, and keep possession when the opp players press high. They're fundamental to how Barca operate. It's also why Barca chose Bravo over others. Stegen's sweeping has averted danger plenty of times, which would otherwise 've led to a 1-1 situation.

I won't contest your courtois stance. He's indeed the best of his age-group. But he's also a bit overrated. He was benefited by Simeone's monster defence last season (even if he did make some excellent match winning saves). He has so far conceded a goal/game in the EPL, and saw benched for Čech after a poor run of games. Could also be a case of settling period. But a lot of the times ppl tend to overlook the defence's contribution in the clean sheets earned by a keeper.

FC B

Courtois was on loan from Chelsea so yeah... I prefer TER STEGEN anyway, looks way cooler :cool:

Well, GKs are supposed to be good at keeping not cool and Curtois is atm better than Stegen but yeah I agree, the german is cooler than Tihbaut:p And ofc it was almost impossible to get him since he was a Chelshit player...

Bertus

Not. Having a technically adept GK facilitates our transitional play, enables us to build attacks from the back, and keep possession when the opp players press high. They're fundamental to how Barca operate. It's also why Barca chose Bravo over others. Stegen's sweeping has averted danger plenty of times, which would otherwise 've led to a 1-1 situation.

I won't contest your courtois stance. He's indeed the best of his age-group. But he's also a bit overrated. He was benefited by Simeone's monster defence last season (even if he did make some excellent match winning saves). He has so far conceded a goal/game in the EPL, and saw benched for Čech after a poor run of games. Could also be a case of settling period. But a lot of the times ppl tend to overlook the defence's contribution in the clean sheets earned by a keeper.

You can see it the other way too. Courtois despite being great is not superman, and if the defense is not doing as good as what he had at ATM, he can't block everything.

I might be wrong, but I don't see why he couldn't have been a great GK here. Maybe he's not a pure sweeper GK, but he isn't Donald Duck when he's using his feet either.

B

beautifulgame

Courtois is just better at the moment. Sure, who knows what will happen in the future. But today right now, he's better and
he would have done marvelous here too, barca style BS or not.

Best post! 100 agree

khaled_a_d

Bravo was never considered technically adept GK and he is the one playing most games for us
I am with Bertus at this one ,De Gea and Courtois are way ahead of any other young GK right now ,Barca style or not
After that comes players like MATS/Perin/Sportiello etc all of gr8 potential
Again ,MATS was available and he was the best choice IMO .Courtois was a pipedream but let's not pretend that if he was available he wasn't the best choice
He was hyped to be gr8 shot stopper who is mistake prone and he has shown that but the 2 things that worries me about MATS is that he was supposed to be a strong character guy ,a leader who command his defense etc but he hasn't shown that IMO .seems a bit nervous many times .Also he was supposed to be gr8 in crosses and it didn't translate here . those 2 important qualities is needed here and I hope it is just a matter of time as he settles in b4 he shows his full potential

Mido

What do you guys think about Coutinho? I think he is an excellent player and he would fare very well with our style. I hope that some Barca scouts are keeping an eye on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans