Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

instinct

I am not sure about that at all. It will depend on what Barca offers him, and ATM will try to match what's offered to him to make him stay.

Also, Playing for Barca can be seen as an achievement. Not a lot of players would refuse that "just because".

IIRC we made an offer for him last summer but he rejected because he didn't want to leave Atleti. A few months later he extended his contract with them. Taking into consideration that he is an Atleti player since he is a little kid this was a huge sign of loyality.
If he had wanted more money, he would've signed with us last summer.

anguy

That said, if they want Cavani, they might need to sell one player. We'll see. But ATM is not aiming to remain a club that is robbed from his players every summers anymore.

They will likely sell Mandzukic and Turan (he plays good, but there are rumors they want him gone).

zanela

IIRC we made an offer for him last summer but he rejected because he didn't want to leave Atleti. A few months later he extended his contract with them. Taking into consideration that he is an Atleti player since he is a little kid this was a huge sign of loyality.
If he had wanted more money, he would've signed with us last summer.

I don't think an Atléti player would be averse to joining Barca. He did show loyalty by extending the contract, but he did say he was flattered by our interest. I don't think Barca pushed hard. From the player's perspective, he may 've want to develop further in a familiar environment, and not see his playtime cut short by moving to Barca with our MF vets still there. Now with Xavi's departure, he may be more open to a move. And if the Gündoğan-Atléti rumours are true, they may be preparing for a squad sans Koke.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I don't think an Atléti player would be averse to joining Barca. He did show loyalty by extending the contract, but he did say he was flattered by our interest. I don't think Barca pushed hard. From the player's perspective, he may 've want to develop further in a familiar environment, and not see his playtime cut short by moving to Barca with our MF vets still there. Now with Xavi's departure, he may be more open to a move. And if the Gündoğan-Atléti rumours are true, they may be preparing for a squad sans Koke.

Yeah, it could be that he wasn't ready to move, now Xavi is leaving, he a regular starter at Spain's NT, he might be more confident. If he is really loyal for his club then good for him and for the club, there is nothing we can do.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I would rather have koke over pogba. Koke is a hard worker and already have liga experience. Don't mind paying his release clause.

fcbdna

Banned
Rafael from Man Utd would be a good cheap Dani Alves replacement despite his hothead.

BTW Pogba >>> Koke fact!
Koke has been silent this season. . . Pogba having a great run for his third season straight.
Koke had what just one good season?

Last edited:

mssarm

I would rather have koke over pogba. Koke is a hard worker and already have liga experience. Don't mind paying his release clause.

I like Koke too. He's the missing link to our current midfield. But I have big doubts he will leave Atleti, also with Barca election hype they will probably go after Pogba. Koke has lot of potential and he can become another Barca legend.

xavi_the_Boss

Rafael from Man Utd would be a good cheap Dani Alves replacement despite his hothead.

BTW Pogba >>> Koke fact!
Koke has been silent this season. . . Pogba having a great run for his third season straight.

What do you mean silent this season?
He probably has much more assists then Pogba.

Edit:He has more assists this season then Pogba has since he went to juve.

Last edited:
L

linetty

BTW Pogba >>> Koke fact!
What the... :facepalm:

khaled_a_d

When was the last time we signed a player from them? And by that I mean 1st team player so Munir doesn't count ?
He was born in Madrid ,and has interest from EPL and right now Atletico see themselves as a rival for Barca & RM .Koke is very unlikely IMO
And nvm his buyout + tax will be huge

JamDav1982

When was the last time we signed a player from them? And by that I mean 1st team player so Munir doesn't count ?
He was born in Madrid ,and has interest from EPL and right now Atletico see themselves as a rival for Barca & RM .Koke is very unlikely IMO
And nvm his buyout + tax will be huge

When was the last time Barca tried to sign a player from them?

The Villa deal etc may have built up decent relations and it is something that could happen again in future as the clubs go forward.

Atletico don't have the same stance about selling to Barca as they do to Real as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans