Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Reus broke my heart when he signed the contract. Could of gotten him cheap and played as LM with some freedom and spent a lot of money on Koke to bring balance to the midfield. Reus Koke and Busquets midfield would just be dirty and very balanced. Someone like Reus would be brilliant as the bridge between attack and midfield...which often seems so disconnected atm.

That midfield would be unbalanced asf. Reus would only fit in Neymar's place.

Jombi

I would much rather see Bartra or even Adriano as our RB than Darmian. Every time I've seen him play he has been really mediocre. The guy turns 26 this year as well. Not a spring chicken anymore and wont get any better.

Co0ter

That midfield would be unbalanced asf. Reus would only fit in Neymar's place.

Have you really watched Reus before? I'm actually quite surprised by some peoples' comments. Rakitic was an offensive player with Seville and Croatia and is being used to cover a fullback this year while playing deep most of the time in the midfield. He isn't that good under pressure or dictating play. Koke can dictate play much better, is much better under pressure, is naturally more defensive and offers just as much workrate. He'd fit that role, the role in which LUCHO, yes Lucho our actual coach here in reality, is assigning to that position.

And how is Iniesta in any way better in Lucho's system, as LM, than Reus? Reus is faster, younger and more physical than Iniesta....can you say Iniesta is much better, if at all, at defending than Reus? Hint, it isn't exactly his forte.

Like I mentioned earlier, Reus could bridge our midfield to our attack. Someone that can get the ball and take off from midfield on counters, someone who can drop to the middle and create while having two great feet to dribble and shoot with- a threat...something Iniesta is not much of. Messi is often forced to drop back and do this for us...

anguy

And how is Iniesta in any way better in Lucho's system, as LM, than Reus? Reus is faster, younger and more physical than Iniesta....can you say Iniesta is much better, if at all, at defending than Reus? Hint, it isn't exactly his forte.

Like I mentioned earlier, Reus could bridge our midfield to our attack. Someone that can get the ball and take off from midfield on counters, someone who can drop to the middle and create while having two great feet to dribble and shoot with- a threat...something Iniesta is not much of. Messi is often forced to drop back and do this for us...

If Iniesta (who was AM/CM) hybrid has troubles with Lucho's tactics, imagine what would happen if we try to put Reus who is basically a winger into the same role. It would be a disater, and I don't believe Reus would even want to do that. Deal with the fact that Reus-to-Barca thing was killed when we bought Neymar. You want to buy him, so that he'll actually be useful? Fine, sell Neymar first. Hell, I wouldn't want Reus for RW and he's much more suited for that role than for midfield.

Mido

I hope I am wrong but I got a feeling that Koke would be a disappointment.

And this might sound controversial to some but, to me, the current Iniesta is still technically ahead of Pogba by a considerable margin.

Xavi's departure and Iniesta's , let's hope temporary, decline will (unfortunately) necessarily mean that tactical adjustments will have to be made since there aren't any midfielders at the moment that match up with their technicity.

Since Rakitic can't "take the lead" in the midfield due to his technical inferiority, integrating 3 central midfielders ( 2 big names and 1 prospect ( Samper ?) will be necessary for 2016/2017.

The staff will have a huge amount of work to do in the upcoming months to prepare Barca's future squad I guess.

Supa Dupa Fly

I want Koke
SsoFNDS.gif

Jombi

I hope I am wrong but I got a feeling that Koke would be a disappointment.

And this might sound controversial to some but, to me, the current Iniesta is still technically ahead of Pogba by a considerable margin.

Xavi's departure and Iniesta's , let's hope temporary, decline will (unfortunately) necessarily mean that tactical adjustments will have to be made since there aren't any midfielders at the moment that match up with their technicity.

Since Rakitic can't "take the lead" in the midfield due to his technical inferiority, integrating 3 central midfielders ( 2 big names and 1 prospect ( Samper ?) will be necessary for 2016/2017.

The staff will have a huge amount of work to do in the upcoming months to prepare Barca's future squad I guess.

Shouldnt our midfield be something like this:

DMs: Busquets, Roberto
CMs: Samper, Rakitic, Iniesta and a new one (possibly Giannelli Imbula?)

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Pedro talked with Inter coach Mancini and is willing to join the Italian team. Barcelona ask 17M, Inter offer 8-10M plus incentives. [cds]

GTFO Inter. Real Madrid could sell Pedro for ~40M.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Madrid sold Callejon for €10m to Napoli, and Pedro is the better player. I wouldn't go a dime below €20m for him.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira (28), whose contract expires in June, has been offered to Barcelona. [daily star via sport]

Just yesterday we were joking about that:rofl1:

Jombi

Madrid sold Callejon for €10m to Napoli, and Pedro is the better player. I wouldn't go a dime below €20m for him.

Furthermore, that was several years ago. Didnt they also sell Albiol for like 15m or something? The prices for players are definitely higher today. 30m euros for Pedro or no deal. Madrid could probably sell Bale for 150m these days when they sold Di Maria for 75m. Selling Cesc for 30m was way too low. Hell, why would we even sell Pedro, the only sub we have for our 3 forwards? He is very versatile as well. Just what we need. We cant count on everyone being injury free all the time.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Furthermore, that was several years ago. Didnt they also sell Albiol for like 15m or something? The prices for players are definitely higher today. 30m euros for Pedro or no deal. Madrid could probably sell Bale for 150m these days when they sold Di Maria for 75m. Selling Cesc for 30m was way too low. Hell, why would we even sell the only sub we have for our 3 forwards? He is very versatile as well. Just what we need. We cant count on everyone being injury free all the time.

:lol: €15m for Albiol was highway robbery. Albiol is awful.

Though about Pedro, he seems to want to leave for a starting job elsewhere, which is understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans