Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPepper

Pedro talked with Inter coach Mancini and is willing to join the Italian team. Barcelona ask 17M, Inter offer 8-10M plus incentives. [cds]

GTFO Inter. Real Madrid could sell Pedro for ~40M.

We sell:

Alexis for 25M
Fabregas for 30M
Ibrahimovic for 25M
Villa for 2M
(Pedro for 15M?)

while Madrid sell:

Di Maria for 75M
Morata for 20M
Özil for 50M
Higuain for 40M
Albiol for 15M

'cuz that's how we roll.

:masip:

L

linetty

Pedro talked with Inter coach Mancini and is willing to join the Italian team. Barcelona ask 17M, Inter offer 8-10M plus incentives. [cds]

You must be fucking kidding me. Pedro has regressed but he's still worth 20m easily. I can already see the board bending over again and letting him go for 10 though, despite the transfer ban as well.

anguy

We sell:

Alexis for 25M
Fabregas for 30M
Ibrahimovic for 25M
Villa for 2M
(Pedro for 15M?)

while Madrid sell:

Di Maria for 75M
Morata for 20M
Özil for 50M
Higuain for 40M
Albiol for 15M

'cuz that's how we roll.

Alexis was actually sold for almost 40 mil, Cesc for 33. Those 2 were quite good sells and do you know why? Because contrary to Real we only sell players when they are done, Real sell quality young players to make place for Galacticos. So our players will always fetch lower prices. Alexis, Cesc were exceptions to this rule and Ibrahimovic was sold cheaply because he couldn't remain in team and had reputation of troublemaker back then.

Jombi

We sell:

Alexis for 25M
Fabregas for 30M
Ibrahimovic for 25M
Villa for 2M
(Pedro for 15M?)

while Madrid sell:

Di Maria for 75M
Morata for 20M
Özil for 50M
Higuain for 40M
Albiol for 15M

'cuz that's how we roll.

Its pretty crazy. And that list is pretty much the only players we managed to get any money at all from in the last 10 years. The rest have been given away basically for free. Guys like Bojan for 1m, and countless others. Its pretty crazy that Madrid managed to get more for Robinho, I think they sold him for 42m euros more than 6 years ago, than what we got for Cesc last year.

Song was basically given for free. Doubt we'll get any money for him, just like we didnt get any real money for the other guys we loaned out in the past, guys like Caceres, Henrique, Afellay and others.

mark1nhu

What a joke.

For this price, I rather keep Pedro and make more intense rotation, giving him the play time needed.

DrPepper

Alexis was actually sold for almost 40 mil, Cesc for 33. Those 2 were quite good sells and do you know why? Because contrary to Real we only sell players when they are done, Real sell quality young players to make place for Galacticos. So our players will always fetch lower prices. Alexis, Cesc were exceptions to this rule and Ibrahimovic was sold cheaply because he couldn't remain in team and had reputation of troublemaker back then.

You mean young players like Di Maria or Higuain who were sold when they were about the same age as Cesc or Alexis?

We got about 40M for Alexis but gave Arsenal 15M back a few weeks later for nothing, so 25M is about right.

anguy

Song was basically given for free. Doubt we'll get any money for him, just like we didnt get any real money for the other guys we loaned out in the past, guys like Caceres, Henrique, Afellay and others.

That's because those guys were crap. Honestly how many players who we sold post Zlatan were able to contribute ANYTHING to their new teams? (until last years Alexis&Cesc). Real sold Ozil (german international), Higuain (Argentina international), Di Maria (the same). Also players like Ozil and Di Maria were sold after AMAZING seasons. We would simply never sell such players. Yes, Real sold for good money some busts, but let's face it - it's free market. If you don't have offers you can't sell. Real was able to sell Ozil for 50 because Arsenal wanted to give that much for him, the same about Di Maria or others. Or was there some team offering 20 mil for Affelay/Bojan that I don't know about? Some team willing to give 40 for Song? You blame board for the fact that our rejects are not wanted that much? Like I said one of the possible reason is that even Madrid rejects are internationals/potential internationals. Hell even Albiol plays for Spain. The price for internationals is always higher.

G

Gasgas

That's because those guys were crap. Honestly how many players who we sold post Zlatan were able to contribute ANYTHING to their new teams? (until last years Alexis&Cesc). Real sold Ozil (german international), Higuain (Argentina international), Di Maria (the same). Also players like Ozil and Di Maria were sold after AMAZING seasons. We would simply never sell such players. Yes, Real sold for good money some busts, but let's face it - it's free market. If you don't have offers you can't sell. Real was able to sell Ozil for 50 because Arsenal wanted to give that much for him, the same about Di Maria or others. Or was there some team offering 20 mil for Affelay/Bojan that I don't know about? Some team willing to give 40 for Song? You blame board for the fact that our rejects are not wanted that much? Like I said one of the possible reason is that even Madrid rejects are internationals/potential internationals. Hell even Albiol plays for Spain. The price for internationals is always higher.

:goodpost:

Jombi

Buying crap players is of course also a big problem. But Song is an international (and has been great for West Ham). So is Caceres and others. Our rejects are usually internationals. Is Albiol really that much better to warrant such extraordinary sums of money? Or is Morata such an amazing player who have contributed so much more than Bojan for Stoke? Di Maria should never cost more than Cesc who had a fantastic reputation in the EPL. We have basically helped Mourinho twice now by handing him Eto+50m for Zlatan and now Cesc on the cheap.

I would hate to see us sell Pedro for less than we bought Vermaelen for. If we cant get at least 30m for Pedro, we should keep him as he is very valuable for us.

Last edited:

Devils

Anything less than 20M is unacceptable. We could likely get 30M for him from the right team.

We could easily get a team that requires rebuilding like City or Liverpool to splash the cash for Pedro.

Tell Inter to fuck right off.

Icarium

Lifestealer
We have to consider the amount of time he played this season not just his current level. I wouldn't expect more than 15-20 for him. 17+3M incentives is the ideal deal imo. But honestly though i hope we can keep him. Deulofeu and Adama are just too young and without an experienced backup we might suffer.

PhilS

We have to consider the amount of time he played this season not just his current level. I wouldn't expect more than 15-20 for him. 17+3M incentives is the ideal deal imo. But honestly though i hope we can keep him. Deulofeu and Adama are just too young and without an experienced backup we might suffer.

Pedro is worth more than that remaining on the Barca squad. Lucho has had all four of MSN and Pedro on the field at the same time more than once this year, I'd like to see more of that. Pedro plays pretty much the entire pitch, Messi is in a midfield position for quite a bit of each game. Only Suarez is a pure forward, he is the only one of these 4 who can't play midfield up to the Barca level. Even if Pedro is not dynamic enough to put any of MSN on the bench much, he always fits in when he is on the field, and the defense is always better when he is out there. I see Pedro playing more minutes next season, after Xavi leaves.

Barcilliant

We will never get another pair like Xavi and Iniesta. You cant replace them. We need a more direct, functional midfield. Vidal or Pogba would be ideal especially Pogba. I don't think Koke would be a good fit plus his heart is with Am. Hallalovic and Samper are promising but they need another 2 seasons before they are ready for the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans