Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

Cuadrado could actually be a good player for us. He could add depth to both midfield and attack and can start in RB position too and maybe RWB. He will be a great squad addition. But he should not be our primary RB though.

I would go for gundagon, cuadrado and one defensive RB. Next season we could try for verratti. But for now gundagon or kovacic has to do, first one is easily the better fit and more experienced.

I suspect one of the main reasons why there are so few great RBs around is because most good players are moved by their coach to a more central position where they are more involved and influential in the team play, like Puyol was back in the day. They start out at RB early in their career but are then moved to central midfield or central defense. We see this again with a guy like Fabinho from Monaco. He plays well at RB and now the coach has moved him to central midfield.

An option for us could be Allan Loureiro from Udinese. He is played as CM or RWB, but has all the qualities of a Barca RB. Extremely fast, great tackler, great dribbler and superb work rate and stamina. He's at the right age (24) as well. I'd love to see Allan for us.

khaled_a_d

He also just signed a permanent deal with a club that doesn't need to sell, but rather UCL notoriety, revenue, and success.

James Rodriguez and Falcao say otherwise
Monaco is doing fine and they seem to have good project but honestly they doesn't seem like a club who will never sell like they did in 2013 summer .for me you can get a player from them for the right price

mark1nhu

I suspect one of the main reasons why there are so few great RBs around is because most good players are moved by their coach to a more central position where they are more involved and influential in the team play, like Puyol was back in the day. They start out at RB early in their career but are then moved to central midfield or central defense. We see this again with a guy like Fabinho from Monaco. He plays well at RB and now the coach has moved him to central midfield.

An option for us could be Allan Loureiro from Udinese. He is played as CM or RWB, but has all the qualities of a Barca RB. Extremely fast, great tackler, great dribbler and superb work rate and stamina. He's at the right age (24) as well. I'd love to see Allan for us.

Wow, somehow I forgot Allan played some time as RB for Vasco da Gama and he was indeed great.

Your comment just clicked me.

He would be a very decent RB for Barça (although I still think he is not Barça level to play DM/CM).

Great comment! Thank you!

Jair Ventura

Monaco ARE selling club since owner lost half of his money during divorce. They will listen to good offer.

He hasn't lost half his money, Monaco is not a selling club, and certainly won't become so if they establish themselves as UCL regulars. They loaned Falcao and sold James both because they requested to leave, and because the club needed to protect themselves from FFP. This is no longer the case.

James Rodriguez and Falcao say otherwise
Monaco is doing fine and they seem to have good project but honestly they doesn't seem like a club who will never sell like they did in 2013 summer .for me you can get a player from them for the right price

They needed to sell James to balance their books and fund sells for Fabinho, Benardo Silva, Aymen Abdennour, etc. He also vocalized a desire to leave along with Falcao in hopes of being competitive continentally. That was before Monaco's UCL showing, and before they discovered just how much a gem Leonardo Jardim is. Monaco aren't in the same position they were last summer by any means.

Last edited:

anguy

If that was the case why are there many more good LBs compared toRBs? Should those players be not moved to the middle as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans