Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Judging like that, why do we want do sign a CM at all, don't we have Sergi Roberto as a CM and Rafinha as a CAM?

Iniesta is old. Busi is irreplaceable, so we can risk playing trying samper. Same can't be said about rafinha. Suppose iniesta declined even more and even rafinha fails.. we will have no one else to use as CM. I mean we don't need a DM for now. If we want future replacement we already have samper. We need a CM who is good enough to start barca.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I don't believe in many of our youth but samper has what it takes to make it. Even rafinha could develop nicely.

serghei

Iniesta is old. Busi is irreplaceable, so we can risk playing trying samper. Same can't be said about rafinha. Suppose iniesta declined even more and even rafinha fails.. we will have no one else to use as CM. I mean we don't need a DM for now. If we want future replacement we already have samper. We need a CM who is good enough to start barca.

The thing is DMs and CMs can share some qualities. I can give you many DMs that are great CMs as well and CMs that often play the DM role (Modric for Madrid for example) rather nicely.

Icarium

Lifestealer
The thing is DMs and CMs can share some qualities. I can give you many DMs that are great CMs as well and CMs that often play the DM role (Modric for Madrid for example) rather nicely.

That is a different thing. If he can perform well in CM then it makes sense. But if his best position is DM and can only play decently at CM it doesn't make sense. He is quite a good dribbler i think, so it might be worth a try. But there is no doubt he thrives in DM role. That is the best position suited to his attributes. His passing is quite good and very good tackler i think. I heard he dribbles well too, i haven't seen him play that much to say that.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
If Denis returns, he could play normally (and not only from 1 Jan), because loan deal was signed before confirmation ban on 20 Aug 2014 [md]

i_bleed_blaugrana

Not sold on Kondogbia. Tbh, I'm not sure if he's better than Song is right now and for all the CMs we are linked to, Song has a lot of the qualities Lucho likes in others.

Not saying Song is better than Pogba but if we do purchase a CM, he either needs to be clearly an improvement in quality over our current long term options (Pogba) or he offers a specific skill set that either is missing in the squad or better than comparable players (Gundogan, Verratti).

So I'd much rather we push for either Pogba or Gundogan, and I think Gundogan ticks all the boxes in what we are looking for: physically strong enough to do the dirty work needed for our MF setup yet smart and technical to fill the metronome role left by Xavi. He's everything we are looking for in a CM and he'll be cheaper than Pogba on our wage bill and in the actual fee.

xXKonan

Barcelona met with Monaco regarding Geoffrey Kondogbia (22). Asking price 30M. Alternative for Pogba, ready to wait until January. [sport]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans