Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXKonan

Barcelona are following River Plate centre back Emanuel Mammana (19). Atletico Madrid are also interested in the Argentine player. [md]

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Barcelona are following River Plate centre back Emanuel Mammana (19). Atletico Madrid are also interested in the Argentine player. [md]

whats with these ridiculous center back rumors nowadays? Don't we already have the position stacked?

khaled_a_d

whats with these ridiculous center back rumors nowadays? Don't we already have the position stacked?

For next season?sure .
But afterwards? in 2016 you will have 33 years old Mathieu .Mascherano 32 ,Vermaelen 31 (who is too injury prone),even Pique won't be exactly young at 29 and Bartra might leave and he isn't that highly rated within the club .
I get the interest and "following" of CB prospects like Mammana or Marlon and relatively young ones like Dragovic .not Abdennour though

Chainsaw

Killahead
IMO Barca should get rid of Vermaelen. The guy's history of injuries show he's not to be relied on at all. Now that he's into he's 30s it's just going to get even worse.

khaled_a_d

I think we will give Vermaelen the benefit of the doubt 1 more season .after all we paid over 10M for him and he will be worth nothing in the market ,nothing to gain from ditching him now

Jombi

IMO Barca should get rid of Vermaelen. The guy's history of injuries show he's not to be relied on at all. Now that he's into he's 30s it's just going to get even worse.

Except we have to pay him out of his contract to get rid of him. We gave him a 5 year long contract. He has 4 years left.

Zincubus

Banned
I think we will give Vermaelen the benefit of the doubt 1 more season .after all we paid over 10M for him and he will be worth nothing in the market ,nothing to gain from ditching him now

To be fair , if the guy is fit he could be the first choice CB - he's that good when healthy . We can but hope .

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Even when he was fit he was warming the bench at Arsenal and the Belgium many times. Not sure if that indicates he is 'that good'.

He is good enough as a squad player which is what we bought him for. I also think that after this surgery his injuries will be fine. Unlike arsenal we have a good fitness team and that particular injury was poorly managed. I'm happy for him to stay here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans