Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We don't know who is gonna win the election .if Laporta won we will have to see what type of sporting director Abidal is .so this is a bit premature for now
Rafinha is yet to sign an extension btw .he wasn't offered one so he can sign for any club by January 1st .probably he will have the chance to prove himself and earn an extension in 1st half of the season and if he doesn't he will move on
D.Suarez was never barca material IMO .don't get me wrong he is talented but he is sort of Valencia/Liverpool level of talent than current Barca (no disrespect to those teams) .Staying in Sevilla for another year is best for him .S.Roberto is DM now so he wasn't competing with any of this group .he will probably get couple of seasons as Busquets back up and then move on for another club to be starter

Non of our youth players proved to be good enough to alter our transfer plans and prevent the club from signing players .that is the harsh reality .even fan favorite Samper has taken step back and gave many signs he isn't ready and he has a bust potential .same with the Alen even if is the most talented out of the pack .
I am 50/50 torn on the deal(totally against signing him b4 elections) but that is b/c of his age-price-fit not for a youth players that still to give us a reason not to sign someone in their position

Unless Laporta can pull off something insanely incredible, this election is Bartomeu's to lose. This signing will get him even more votes. The moment Lucho confirms he wanted Arda next week is the moment Bartomeu basically wins it.

khaled_a_d

Unless Laporta can pull off something insanely incredible, this election is Bartomeu's to lose. This signing will get him even more votes. The moment Lucho confirms he wanted Arda next week is the moment Bartomeu basically wins it.

I am not sure about that ,there was only that Marca poll that was among the Socios IIRC and that was 3 weeks b4 elections with a lot of uncertainty .we will get closer look in a week or so .right now it is very vague IMO
highly doubt a player like Arda would change a lot tbh .he isn't that popular or big name .we will see .still close race IMO

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I am not sure about that ,there was only that Marca poll that was among the Socios IIRC and that was 3 weeks b4 elections with a lot of uncertainty .we will get closer look in a week or so .right now it is very vague IMO
highly doubt a player like Arda would change a lot tbh .he isn't that popular or big name .we will see .still close race IMO

There are way too many candidates who'll share the Anti-Bartomeu votes. Had it been a two way race, Bartomeu vs Laporta then I think the latter would have edged it out despite of this signing, but with 4 candidates...... I very much doubt Barto's position is in a danger. I do of course hope he doesn't win, but I can't see any other outcome.

Arda is Lucho's signing and I think that's fair enough even though the price is steep IMO, but the way he is signed, before the elections by a managing board and Bartomeu taking all the credit....this is disgraceful.

i_bleed_blaugrana

There are way too many candidates who'll share the Anti-Bartomeu votes. Had it been a two way race, Bartomeu vs Laporta then I think the latter would have edged it out despite of this signing, but with 4 candidates...... I very much doubt Barto's position is in a danger. I do of course hope he doesn't win, but I can't see any other outcome.

Arda is Lucho's signing and I think that's fair enough even though the price is steep IMO, but the way he is signed, before the elections by a managing board and Bartomeu taking all the credit....this is disgraceful.

The sell back clause is a cheap ploy that prevents Laporta from denying him if by some miracle he does happen to win the election. Its a cheap ploy by Bartomeu and it seems to be the basis of him and Rosell's MO: use big galatico signings to appease the mob and let business as usual continue.

The split opposition against Barto shouldn't make much of difference though. Guarantee Benedito, Freixa and Batiste only account for 1.5-2% of the vote if that much. Laporta is doing the best he can and I still think the Abidal appointment can carry him a long way. The nature of Arda's signing and the fact that the chairman of the provisional board threatened to resign if this deal went through while all the other members supported it makes me believe some back channeling is definitely at work.

See all of this could very much back fire on Bartomeu because it suggests that he hasn't learned from the Neymar scandal. Its not hard to see what is at work here and its this sort of behavior that almost brought this club to its knees.

If Laporta is smart, he will start bringing up this whole Neymar mess and the still pending sentence Bartomeu is facing. Why vote for a man who could be locked up a few months after you electing him for things he was involved with with this club?

khaled_a_d

The sell back clause is a cheap ploy that prevents Laporta from denying him if by some miracle he does happen to win the election. Its a cheap ploy by Bartomeu and it seems to be the basis of him and Rosell's MO: use big galatico signings to appease the mob and let business as usual continue.

The split opposition against Barto shouldn't make much of difference though. Guarantee Benedito, Freixa and Batiste only account for 1.5-2% of the vote if that much. Laporta is doing the best he can and I still think the Abidal appointment can carry him a long way. The nature of Arda's signing and the fact that the chairman of the provisional board threatened to resign if this deal went through while all the other members supported it makes me believe some back channeling is definitely at work.

See all of this could very much back fire on Bartomeu because it suggests that he hasn't learned from the Neymar scandal. Its not hard to see what is at work here and its this sort of behavior that almost brought this club to its knees.

If Laporta is smart, he will start bringing up this whole Neymar mess and the still pending sentence Bartomeu is facing. Why vote for a man who could be locked up a few months after you electing him for things he was involved with with this club?

I agree with most of your points ,I think this race is very close more than people think .at least till the moment .Bartomeu has a serious accusation and chance to go to jail will always hurt him
That said I gotta agree with Bojan .Arda isn't a galactico by any mean .he is a good rotational player albeit an expensive one .those deals don't win votes

CatalinR10

Benedito (presidential candidate): "We're interested in signing Verratti. We've been in touch with PSG. We're confident we could sign him."

:coffee:

Atleast this signing won't affect Rafinha for the first half of the season, he'll have all his old mins + xavi's to prove himself and hopefully he can stay. It'd be sad if he leaves considering the improvement he made with the paltry mins he was given last season.

Hamzah

High Definition Member

Talking about back channeling, live in St louis. Raymond tusk is that you?

i_bleed_blaugrana

Talking about back channeling, live in St louis. Raymond tusk is that you?

Lol, if I was Raymond Tusk, Underwood would have been sucking my dick in the end, not the other way around.

"Turan a galactico"
You serious?

I'm not saying Turan per say is a galactico, but the motivations behind pushing this deal through before the elections can be finalized seems like a political maneuver and galactico signings are usually purely political signings which is why I mentioned it in this situation.

I know Lucho wanted him but Lucho shouldn't be bigger than the clubs formal parliamentary procedures. Those things are in place so when transitions like this happen, abuses of power or access don't occur, which is what happened here with Arda. He would have only missed a week of preparations and training if the signing was sanctioned the day the new president was elected, not a big deal.

This just isn't sitting right with me and yeah it'll be great to have Arda on Barcelona on FIFA 16 next year, this much for a player who will only have at best 3 seasons here seems very steep to me.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
The club needed a midfield reinforcement to come in January. This current crop of La Masia kids can't be counted on, sad but true. Don't forget this is Messi's prime, we should keep on going for titles.

Even if it's not Pogba next summer, we can still go after Kovacic or Oliver Torres. There hasn't been anything to happen yet to make me think Pogba isn't still an option next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans