Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron101

Well PSG says otherwise :). Anyway there were more options, like from England. Maybe not so attractive for Turan and/or Atletico, but there were options. To sell him to Barcelona basically says Atletico is still a feeder club, from where players might leave, whenever hey want, even to competition.

They will always be a feeder club. Every season they lose a star striker

DrPepper

I'm really surprised Atletico sold him to Barcelona, first choice or not. If I was their president I'd never sell my player to competition, regardless of money (well relatively speaking Bale money would have been OK :)).

They're basically getting Bale money from us.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If you're the president, you have no choice but to sell if the player wants to leave.

Not in all cases.

Otherwise Marquinhos would have been a Barca player and Aguero would have joined Real Madrid instead of Manchester City a few years back.

Zincubus

Banned
Our talented kids just don't have the guts to fight their way through :(
[MENTION=20217]barca[/MENTION]stuff: Sergi Samper (20) doesn't want to stay at Barcelona B next season. He has offers from Porto, Malaga, and English and Dutch clubs. [md]

Jombi

Doesnt Samper have a automatic promotion clause in his contract?

The guy will turn 21 in january. He shouldnt be playing in Barca B in Segunda B. He has played there for god knows how many seasons now.

F

Flavia

Doesnt Samper have a automatic promotion clause in his contract?

The guy will turn 21 in january. He shouldnt be playing in Barca B in Segunda B. He has played there for god knows how many seasons now.

His promotion is for 16-17.

Jombi

He needs to be promoted this season. We only have Rafa and Roberto as midfield backups in the first half of the season. Cant imagine Lucho want him to leave.

Jombi

Rafinha and Suarez better start showing their worth tbh. I cant remember any youth product actually managing to secure a starting position for us at an older age than 21.

khaled_a_d

Rafinha and Suarez better start showing their worth tbh. I cant remember any youth product actually managing to secure a starting position for us at an older age than 21.

Iniesta wasn't a starter until 22 actually .Deco/Van Bommel/Xavi were all ahead of him in 05/06 season .could argue that both Xavi & Deco were ahead of him next season too but he played most games specially with injuries and rotation
Puyol same thing ,became a starter at 22 ,promoted when he was 21 .Oleguer promoted at 23 .Pedro promoted at the age of 22 .

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
This obsession with age is bullshit anyway. It is useful to think about a player's decline in his 30s and in most cases avoid spending big on players in their late 20s (I do not like the transfer sum for Arda e.g.) but it does not matter (most of the time) if a player is 19, 21 or 23. You can make long term plans with all of them.

anguy

He needs to be promoted this season. We only have Rafa and Roberto as midfield backups in the first half of the season. Cant imagine Lucho want him to leave.

You don't need promotion to be backup. Playing with B-team, sometimes training with A-team, being called when there's a need for you. Also you are talking about him as backup for 2 CM spots, be he still has not played as CM in B-team. He was always a pivot, sometimes double pivot alongside Gumbau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans