Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXKonan

Italian club Roma offer 4M plus incentives for Barcelona full back Adriano (30). Barcelona want 8M for the Brazilian player. [sky]

mazp

Don't think Lucho wants anyone to leave or these guys would have been gone by now. The ban kind of throws things in a loop.

xXKonan

If Adriano doesn't leave this summer he will most likely leave in January though. I don't like how we are forcing Adriano to stay if he doesn't want to.

khaled_a_d

We need to take advantage of Messi while he's still in his prime and before he starts to decline. Neymar and Suarez were perfect signings (not like Rosell saw Neymar as anything other than $ though). To be fair, most of the other signings have been great too. Arda is in his prime and a 100% Lucho player, same for Vidal. Arda will be 29 when he plays for us, Iniesta is already 31. If Samper really is that talented and Rafinha continues to improve and impress, they will be ready to integrate into the first team in a few seasons. They just need to be patient.

All we have to do is NOT sign Pogba.

Then what? taking advantage of Messi prime might be a priority but shouldn't be at any expense .
We won CL back in 2006,Milan won it next year and appearing in their 3rd final in 5 years.they kept their policy of signing ready player to continue their winning phase .we kept caring about youth with veteran player .we won 3 CL after.Milan doesn't look like a team that will qualify qualify for CL next year .and missed it for 2 years in a row now .Inter had same struggle after winning treble with aging squad
Some would point to financial struggles but it isn't like we are immune to that .Liga isn't very strong in that and without prime Messi we might not have star power to compete with them
The fact is that .Last season out of the 14 players who played most games in the season .only 1 of them will be younger than 26 when next season starts .and our 2 signings aren't younger either .
Also every team need a backbone of the right mix of youth old and players in their prime even to win now in most cases
Our young squad players are bench players .this squad starve for youth and in 2 years when basically almost every star in the team not named Neymar will be around 29 we might be in trouble

Right now we don't even have a prospect who we can say that he is a sure thing that we can feel he is surely can be barca starter quality in a season or 2 .a lot of question mark surrounding almost everyone of them
Our top youth signing are now on his way out and to be sold after only 1 year ?! our next youth signing will be an overrated Brazilian wing who is less talented than him?!

One last thing,who was the last prospect who being patient had really benefited him? the last 2 I remember was Pedro and Oleguer .other than them almost everyone who became starter here has been impact player early .reaching 1st team at the age of 21 to be playing sparely couple of years isn't usually the best bet for a prospect and many would understandably will go for Thiago way and leave

BBZ8800

Hate to say it but the youth we have today are mediocre compared to what Iniesta, Xavi and Messi showed at that age. These players mesmerized fans when playing for the first team at the age of 18. That's why they were never going to get loaned or sold. They were simply that good and could make a difference in first team games at that age. Comparing guys like Suarez or Deulofeu to these guys is just bound to end in disappointment.

You are right.

I remember young Messi as if it was yesterday.
In 2005-06 Season, when we will win the CL, he was 18 years old.

And even though I liked Guily and I adored Larsson, I was already thinking all the time: Come on, Rijkaard, put Messi instead of Guily/Larsson, because Messi is much more dangerous.
And when Messi played, I was yelling at my TV all the time: come on players, just give the ball either to Ronaldinho, Etoo or Messi. Don't give it to anyone else. These 3 are much better than all of you, and they will do some magic.

And then, when Messi was injured in a QF home match against Chelsea (muscle), I was so sad, and I was actually thinking: Oh, no, we will be much weaker now in semis and in a final without Messi.

And lol, he was an 18 years old kid back then, and I was sad because he was injured, and now we will "have" to play with Guily or Larsson.
Henrik Larsson? Come on, I was sad because we had to play with the legendary King Henrik Larsson.

Comparing those days with today, imagine if we play Halilovic, Adama or Deulofeu, and Deulofeu gets injured, and we say: Oh no, Deulo is injured, we will have to play with Neymar now instead, lol...

Those guys, Messi, Xavi and Iniesta were truly awesome and one of a kind.

For the end, one video, this is an 18 years old boy in a Champions league, Quarterfinals, 1st match at Stamford Bridge, against 2nd best team in the world back then, Chelsea, a team which has knocked out us in the year before:

I am pretty sure WHY nobody considered loaning Messi back then...

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Messi almost left on loan back then. His performance in the gamper is what changed it.

BBZ8800

Messi almost left on loan back then. His performance in the gamper is what changed it.

Ok.

So:
1. they considered his loan only in a summer 2005, when he was 18
2. and he convinced them that he is ready, even though we had Ronnie, Etoo, Guily, Larsson already. And we have just bought an experienced winger Santiago Ezquerro from Bilbao
-- so, we had 5 experienced attackers already in the team

Also, the trick is, when Messi was given a chance, oh boy, he took the opportunity, right away, every single opportunity.
This is what an 18 years old boy does in his "only" true opportunity at Gamper:

For example, I hope that everyone sees the difference in the IMPACT on the match which 18 years old Messi had (against Juventus), and how many times he takes the balls, asks for the ball etc, compared with Deulo, Munir, Sandro, Halil and other guys in recent seasons in a preseason friendly matches.

My point is:
-- when we gave chances to Messi, he was playing like a wizzard in EVERY single match, against anyone, aged 17, 18, 19

When we play Munir, Sandro, Deulo, Halil, some of them lack IQ, some of them act as if they don't know what to do with the ball etc.
This is not an attack on our current players, but sometimes it is very rude when people are comparing almost EVERY single young player with Messi, and saying that we only need to give him more chances and that he will turn into a great player.

Messi needed 10 minutes against anyone to show his class.
Munir, Sandro and Halil together can't make 5 good passes in 2 matches this summer (I am exaggerating, but you get my point).

Last edited:
F

Flavia

My point is he almost was loaned. ONE single game changed it. Messi, MESSI, was 90 minutes away of going to espanyol :lol:
And it's not like he did anything different. He had already scored his 1st goal. And he still was almost sent away.

G

Gasgas

Then what? taking advantage of Messi prime might be a priority but shouldn't be at any expense .
We won CL back in 2006,Milan won it next year and appearing in their 3rd final in 5 years.they kept their policy of signing ready player to continue their winning phase .we kept caring about youth with veteran player .we won 3 CL after.Milan doesn't look like a team that will qualify qualify for CL next year .and missed it for 2 years in a row now .Inter had same struggle after winning treble with aging squad
Some would point to financial struggles but it isn't like we are immune to that .Liga isn't very strong in that and without prime Messi we might not have star power to compete with them
The fact is that .Last season out of the 14 players who played most games in the season .only 1 of them will be younger than 26 when next season starts .and our 2 signings aren't younger either .
Also every team need a backbone of the right mix of youth old and players in their prime even to win now in most cases
Our young squad players are bench players .this squad starve for youth and in 2 years when basically almost every star in the team not named Neymar will be around 29 we might be in trouble

Right now we don't even have a prospect who we can say that he is a sure thing that we can feel he is surely can be barca starter quality in a season or 2 .a lot of question mark surrounding almost everyone of them
Our top youth signing are now on his way out and to be sold after only 1 year ?! our next youth signing will be an overrated Brazilian wing who is less talented than him?!

One last thing,who was the last prospect who being patient had really benefited him? the last 2 I remember was Pedro and Oleguer .other than them almost everyone who became starter here has been impact player early .reaching 1st team at the age of 21 to be playing sparely couple of years isn't usually the best bet for a prospect and many would understandably will go for Thiago way and leave

word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans