Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don, is this part for sure? If so, that is the player actually has a say in whether he wants to be bought back or not, then yes, it is extremely risky for the club.

This have always been somewhat confusing, but my understanding is that the buyout merely allows the selling club to activate a clause for which the other club have to accept. It's upto the player whether he want to sign the contract to go back or not. The player is sold, he's a part of another team. His former team can activate a pre-set buyout and enforce a transfer agreement between the two clubs, but no one can force the player to go back.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This have always been somewhat confusing, but my understanding is that the buyout merely allows the selling club to activate a clause for which the other club have to accept. It's upto the player whether he want to sign the contract to go back or not. The player is sold, he's a part of another team. His former team can activate a pre-set buyout and enforce a transfer agreement between the two clubs, but no one can force the player to go back.

If this is true, then :facepalm: x 1000. We are taking huge chances on the likes of Deulofeu, Halilovic and all future La Masia players being prematurely sold...

khaled_a_d

Yup,I think this is the case .this how Salah isn't going to Fiorentina even though they had deal with Chelsea to extend his loan
Also was said about Moratta from some of Juve fans who are hoping he would reject to use his buy back option .
It all depends on player loyalty .I can't see player like D.Suarez or Halilovic who spent only one year in the club being so faithful .if they found a better chance somewhere else they will leave

khaled_a_d

I don't think PL is the right place for him to develop....

I was hoping he would go on loan to Bundesliga ,Bremen was interested and they have done wonders to KDB and developed many young talents b4 .but we will go for the sexy choice instead

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yup,I think this is the case .this how Salah isn't going to Fiorentina even though they had deal with Chelsea to extend his loan
Also was said about Moratta from some of Juve fans who are hoping he would reject to use his buy back option .
It all depends on player loyalty .I can't see player like D.Suarez or Halilovic who spent only one year in the club being so faithful .if they found a better chance somewhere else they will leave

Denis Suarez is on loan and coming back next summer, right? Judging from some of the reports that painted a picture of us desperately trying to get him back this summer, sounds like Luis Enrique rates him quite highly, so I don't see he'd be sold any time soon.

We still have huge appeal to most players. But Don is right, if a player leaves with bad feelings about us then he might just choose not to come back. I think we need to explain it to them that nowadays permanent deals with buy-back option are the new "loan" in the old days to minimize hard feelings.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

The player has to agree for the buyback to be included, I thought.

Zincubus

Banned
He will get broken in no time at all ... Fernando Torres said he'd he'd not have moved to England if he could turn the clock back as as the pace and physical side of it basically wrecked his body ..

Zincubus

Banned
Samper should stay either way. He's been at the club since he was like 5-6 years old.

I truly hope that Samper stays and is given some playing time agaisnt the weaker teams in La Liga and the cup games , he's the most talented youngster I've seen for many a year ..

Jombi

I think its the latter reason. On a loan especially to a semi-decent team, coaches want to build so they can improve their chances at europe or title glory, so there's no reason to play a brat from barca who doesnt even want to be there and is jumping ship ASAP.

Totally disagree. A coach will not simply bench a player who is superior to his team mates because he is only on loan.

F

Flavia

Cutting losses
Everton and West Ham are prepared to pay 6 million euros for Halilovic
The Blaugrana are looking into selling some of their youth players, rather than losing them for free down the line

LL. Miguelsanz
| 25.7.2015 | 11:25h.

Barça will allow for the departures of some young players who are unable to enter their plans for the future. The first big decision for which they are negotiating is the sale of Halilovic, a football who arrived with potential, but has continued to not convince. Everton and West Ham have made offers to close a deal, with Barça able to reserve a buy-back clause for the coming two seasons.

Halilovic's exit could be sealed for 6 million euros. The player has not been regarded too well after Barça B's relegation to the Segunda B and Luis Enrique can't accommodate him in the first team. Both Barça and the player's agents have spent weeks looking at possible destinations and it is thought that the player has decided on the Premier League, where the clubs have enough money to make a deal and to commit to high wages without a problem.

Halilovic may want to move to West Ham, as he already knowns their manager Slaven Bilic. The Croatian coach is the first-choice option to make a reasonable deal for a player who is still to explode into a big league. Everton have moved in recently, and will look to take advantage of their good relationship with Barça. Roberto Martinez's team have already agreed a transfer for Deulofeu this season and could continue to add other young Blaugrana talents. In any case, a deal for Halilovic is very advanced and will be confirmed after his return from the American tour.

But there could be more exits. Barça have an offer for Adama Traore from Stoke City. Firstly, the English club wanted him on a loan deal with an option to buy, but Barça are also interested in selling with a buy-back clause. Ajax are also interested and it will be the player who makes the final decision. In this case, the transfer would be around four million euros, with a buy-back clause of seven million euros in the first two years.

Barça youth team has a reputation in Europe and there are other players who are receiving offers and are waiting for the presentation of the new organizational chart in order to know where they stand. Grimaldo has an offer from Benfica, in order to leave. The player's agents have spoken with the Portuguese club, but they already know that Barça don't want to let him go this summer. In January, this could all change based on the performance of the first team.

The new sporting directors have it clear that they have reached a point where they must make some money from their youth products, avoiding some players leaving for free or for a lower price. The management will prioritise the sales of the players who can't contribute to the first team, but will hold buy-back options in their more interesting personnel. Real Madrid have already made deals of this type in the last couple of seasons, with a very important economic effect. Barça hope that in a few days there should already be some movement.

xXKonan

Monaco player Aymen Abdennour has put bids from Newcastle and Milan on hold as he prefers Barcelona. Could depend on Adriano leaving [sport]

anguy

I really do not like this new trend of selling young players, just doesn't seem right at all.

Selling them with buyback clauses is not bad at all. If we sold Adama, Halilovic, Samper WITHOUT buyback clause I'd be pissed off. But so far it looks like we want to include buybacks in all our youth sales. Consider it a loan, just less advantageous (financially) for Barca and with added incentive for buying club to develop players.

Galning

Oh, The Irony. FC Barcelona famed for its La Masia academy has become allergic to youngsters. Great plan for the future.

o_20120706020421_josep_maria_bartomeu_jordi_alba_era_un_objetivo_desde_hace_tiempo.jpg

50%+ votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans