Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvia

He's a completely different player to Rakitic who's been amazingly POOR this season .
Rakitic is a decent player but he's never gonna be top class as we're used to having .

let me be straight. Coutinho is not world class, that is not barca class.
he never proved himself while rakitic was a leader at Sevilla.
even NEYMAR and SUAREZ are struggling.
Denis suarez was much better at the same age Coutinho was.

F

Flavia

Not convinced by Rakitic and Iniesta whilst being an amazing player isn't close to being the player he was just a year ago .

He's in sharp decline and is injury prone now he's ageing ..

You're forgetting Arda Turan. There's too many players with the same profile in the team already: Iniesta, Turan and Rafinha. Rakitic hasn't been playing as a creative mid. and Barça doesn't exactly use a CAM. We need a different profile of player, a midfielder to control games.

xXKonan

Barcelona have been watching Celta winger Nolito (28) but it is believed they have cooled their interest. [daily mirror]

serghei

You're forgetting Arda Turan. There's too many players with the same profile in the team already: Iniesta, Turan and Rafinha. Rakitic hasn't been playing as a creative mid. and Barça doesn't exactly use a CAM. We need a different profile of player, a midfielder to control games.

Messi drops to CAM role (slightly to the right) during the course of the game. We need a midfielder to control games, but who can also close down players very effectively and run a lot to cover quite a large area, because it's clear that the MSN don't track back except at very special occasions. Defensive coverage is also very important when you have 3 players that don't do defensive work.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

This maybe true, but it might be not the way Lucho sees it, he chose Rakitic over Kroos, he replaced Xavi with Arda (reportedly over Gundogan), imo he prefers technical players that can dribble and create danger out of nothing over controlling type of players. Coutinho might be not physical enough for Lucho though. Moreover, Iniesta will be 32 next season, he won't play every match, hell even Arda Turan will turn 30 next season, we might already need to replace him as well:lol:

Interlop

Yeah, I completely agree that we need a player that will control the midfield, I mean that is very obvious.
But what I think [MENTION=1588]Zincubus[/MENTION] is trying to say is that we cannot solely rely on Messi to create chances; Rakitic and Iniesta are making like 1 or 2 through balls per game, and they are not a consistent source of creativity (I'm not saying through balls are the only way to create a chance), they contribute very little to offense unless Iniesta pulls something from the hat 1 in 20 matches or Rakitic makes a great pass 1 in 10-15 matches, and that is very poor.
Now the question is: Is Turan a creative type midfielder or the one that controls the game? Depending on what is his "genre" we should buy the other type.
Btw, if Coutinho comes for 30mil, I mean, I'm all for it, that is really cheap considering the market (I doubt he's 30mil, its more like 50 or 60 min). Plus we need some really quality subs, look at Real: Modric, James, Isco, Kroos, Casemiro, Kovacic, Cheryshev that is a lot of talent and super subs that can change the game.

Zincubus

Banned
V
Denis suarez was much better at the same age Coutinho was.

We seem to overrate our young players to be honest .

Look how everyone rates Delafou and yet Everton's Barkley is ten times more effective and successful .... yet no- one in here rates Barkley suggesting he's an overated English guy ...

xXKonan

Robert (sports director): "We're watching players, signing in January is an option but winter window is difficult. We're calm, we have time"

F

Flavia

Messi drops to CAM role (slightly to the right) during the course of the game. We need a midfielder to control games, but who can also close down players very effectively and run a lot to cover quite a large area, because it's clear that the MSN don't track back except at very special occasions. Defensive coverage is also very important when you have 3 players that don't do defensive work.

Yes, and that's why those Coutinho rumors are weird.

Yeah, I completely agree that we need a player that will control the midfield, I mean that is very obvious.
But what I think @Zincubus is trying to say is that we cannot solely rely on Messi to create chances; Rakitic and Iniesta are making like 1 or 2 through balls per game, and they are not a consistent source of creativity (I'm not saying through balls are the only way to create a chance), they contribute very little to offense unless Iniesta pulls something from the hat 1 in 20 matches or Rakitic makes a great pass 1 in 10-15 matches, and that is very poor.
Now the question is: Is Turan a creative type midfielder or the one that controls the game? Depending on what is his "genre" we should buy the other type.
Btw, if Coutinho comes for 30mil, I mean, I'm all for it, that is really cheap considering the market (I doubt he's 30mil, its more like 50 or 60 min). Plus we need some really quality subs, look at Real: Modric, James, Isco, Kroos, Casemiro, Kovacic, Cheryshev that is a lot of talent and super subs that can change the game.

Arda is an attacking player, not one to control a game. I highly doubt Coutinho would be only 30m. Epl players prices are not that low.

xXKonan

Real Madrid are also interested in Liverpool player Coutinho (23), but the player prefers to join Barcelona because of playing style [sport]

Barcafan 2304

Robert (sports director): "We're watching players, signing in January is an option but winter window is difficult. We're calm, we have time"

As much as can be expected. Maybe a player or two to add depth in January then I expect to see quite some activity next summer

El Flaco

Who cares what would Neymar accept or not if he played bad. We can't expect to play with same front 3 all the time with this schedule. And then there are injuries which both Messi and Neymar already had/have and season only started.

And yeah, Nolito is having a much better season so far than Ney.
Neymar's status in the squad is very high due to some obvious circumstances...

No one will say against that Nolito has been brilliant in the recent seasons for Celta. But since he'll be benched anyway, no matter how well he does because of what I said above, the Spaniard should just stay at Celta for his own good.

And once again, we don't really need a LW atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans