Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManusXavi

Serbian Messi - right Winger. Not exactly a left winger but in my opinion a 19 year old I have been very impressed with. I'll be interested to see where he ends up over the next few years. He was impressive in the U-20 World Cup

aaron101

[tw]652647315581313024[/tw]

Oh come on, let's stop doing these loan BS. We always loan out players we want to get rid of. Why not just let them leave permanently so we can get money right away. Look at Alex Song, it's already his 2nd season on loan. I remember Affelay who was always on loan to a different team every season.

Guaporta

We should go for two midfielders; one to strengthen the team immediately, one for the future. I don't see why we should pay more than 18M for Nolito when we have attacking players like Munir, Sandro and Arda Turan (played as a winger for Galatasaray and Atletico) in our team. Besides that, Barcelona could bring back players like Alen Halilovic and Adama Traoré next summer. Instead of paying millions for a 28 year old player (who's probably at the peak of his powers and won't improve that much anymore) we should give those exceptional talents a chance to prove themselves; if one of those four players (Sandro, Munir, Halilovic or Adama) can play a important role as stand-in for Messi, Suárez or Neymar it'll be worth it.

So instead of paying millions for Nolito, we should invest in a young midfielder like Youri Tielemans or Riechedly Bazoer. Even though Bazoer seems to have lost his impressive form he's still one of the best midfielders in the Eredivisie and deserved his call up for the national team. His best position would be as a defensive midfielder (he played at centre back in the PSV youth academy, but moved to Amsterdam because he wanted to play in a more advanced role). Don't expect a Xavi-esque midfielder, because he's not. He would be an option for the Busquets-role, but everyone knows that we already have a talent for that position; Sergi Samper. So why would we bring Bazoer to the club? I'd rather give Samper his deserved chance than paying millions for Bazoer.

Youri Tielemans is a different kind of player, he is more that Xavi-esque player we've been looking for. His passing and vision are exceptional for his age. Although he is'nt part of the Belgium squad for the games against Andorra and Israel, he could get his first call up very soon. Maybe we could strike a deal with Anderlecht: Tielemans can play for antoher year at his current club (on loan) and will go to Barcelona after that. Sounds good to me!

So apparently Barcelona scouts have scouted players like Pogba, Verratti, Bender, Gündogan, Herrera, Thiago and Koke and already tried to lure Pogba to Barcelona. Ilkay Gündogan is probably the most sensable option, I would love to see Thiago back and wearing that #6.

BBZ8800

We should go for two midfielders; one to strengthen the team immediately, one for the future. I don't see why we should pay more than 18M for Nolito when we have attacking players like Munir, Sandro and Arda Turan (played as a winger for Galatasaray and Atletico) in our team. Besides that, Barcelona could bring back players like Alen Halilovic and Adama Traoré next summer. Instead of paying millions for a 28 year old player (who's probably at the peak of his powers and won't improve that much anymore) we should give those exceptional talents a chance to prove themselves; if one of those four players (Sandro, Munir, Halilovic or Adama) can play a important role as stand-in for Messi, Suárez or Neymar it'll be worth it.

Exceptional talents?
Ok if you said exceptional for one of them, but we can't have 4 exceptional forward talents from our Bteam in one moment.

How it stands, probably none out of Munir, Sandro, Adama won't be good enough for Barca.
Halil have some chances if he will improve extremely well on his loan, but he has a loooooong way to go.

I am not saying that we should buy Nolito, but Nolito is a proven player.
These kids are just a bunch of "ifs" and "maybes".

Again, we are Barca, we can't rely too much on ifs and maybes, because roughly 4 out of 5 talents turn into horribly average players for La liga midtable teams or for segunda division.

Relying too much on players like Adama, Munir and Sandro would soon turn us into a Spanish Arsenal.

A team which is never winning anything, and who always have "a bright future" but only on paper.
In reality, that bright future always trips and fails in development.

Guaporta

Exceptional talents?
Ok if you said exceptional for one of them, but we can't have 4 exceptional forward talents from our Bteam in one moment.

How it stands, probably none out of Munir, Sandro, Adama won't be good enough for Barca.
Halil have some chances if he will improve extremely well on his loan, but he has a loooooong way to go.

I am not saying that we should buy Nolito, but Nolito is a proven player.
These kids are just a bunch of "ifs" and "maybes".

Again, we are Barca, we can't rely too much on ifs and maybes, because roughly 4 out of 5 talents turn into horribly average players for La liga midtable teams or for segunda division.

Relying too much on players like Adama, Munir and Sandro would soon turn us into a Spanish Arsenal.

A team which is never winning anything, and who always have "a bright future" but only on paper.
In reality, that bright future always trips and fails in development.

OK, maybe 'exceptional' is a bit exaggerated. But still, all of those forwards have the potential to be at least as good as Nolito

Besides that, what is this kind of Madrid-like approach on youth talent? Of course Munir, Sandro, Halilovic or Adama aren't good enough yet to be an immediate inforcement of the first team, but that doesn't mean that they won't be in the near future. We already have a 'proven player' in Arda Turan, why would we need another one? This is exactly what's wrong with the club: people expect youth players to have an instant impact on the first team. If they don't, they're not good enough. Did Xavi have an immediate impact on the first team? No. Did Iniesta have an immediate impact on the first team? No. With the current state of La Masía (poor coaching, poor management) we shouldn't expect those talents to have an immediate impact. Give them time to develope and they will prove their value for the club.

The mentality of the fans changed over the last years: the arrogance of saying 'we are Barca, we should have the best players in the world in our team' is very Madrid-like and I don't like it one bit. Of course we should look at the best players in the world, but La Masía is our lifeline and can/will/should produce players that can play at the club for many years. So instead of buying the biggest names every year, we should develope our own players to reach the level needed at Barça. And if La Masía doesn't have the aswer, then we could take a look at the best players at other clubs. In this case we're looking at a back-up player, why couldn't we use our own talent to fill that gap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans