Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guaporta

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], it's really easy to take one of my sentences (out of context) and reply to that single sentence. First of all, I don't think you're getting my point. The strenght of our club is our home-grown core in the first team (at least in the last (successful) years), we shouldn't give that up to bring in big names. Let's use the example of Nolito once again; he's only performing at this level since his transfer to Celta, before that he was mediocre at best. He's the star of the team at Celta and playing the best football he'll ever play in a free role. At Barcelona, he will need to adapt to his teammates and won't get as much space. Why would we pay 18+M for a player that will only get worse?

Secondly; of course it's true that Barcelona had the same kind of approach as Madrid and the recent years were more or less a 'once in a lifetime-generation' from La Masía, but we should be able to produce players like Pedro or Fàbregas. I don't have the illusion that we'll produce players like Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets or Messi anytime soon, but we can still produce those 'lesser players' to fill our team. And that was the subject matter, why would we bring in players for a stand-in role while there are more than enough talented youngsters to fill that gap?

Last but not least; of course there are more than a thousand youngster who won't make it in our first team, but they should have a chance to prove themselves. And still, they don't have to be world class like Xavi, Puyol or Messi for instance but these youngsters can offer some depth in our squad. That's my point, Barcelona shouldn't have to bring in players like Nolito to offer depth to the squad but should rely on youngsters. And yes, they will probably not be a future first team star but they can offer some depth in the squad.

One last thing, of course Barcelona bought a lot of foreign stars in the past and that isn't a bad thing. I'm not commenting on buying those foreign starts, but criticising 'needless buys' like Nolito. La Masía need to offer squad depth to the first team these days and that is exactly why I don't want our club to buy players like Nolito. Barcelona should buy quality players that will strengthen the first XI, not 'players for squad depth'.

F

Flavia

Busquets renewed last year as 4th highest wage in the squad .IIRC he is only behind Messi,Neymar,Iniesta
Can't be 100% but Messi gets something around 20M wage .with Iniesta & Neymar around 12M each

Neymar is still on 7m, he hasn't renewed yet.

Barcafan 2304

Yes. Offloading the dead weight would be a start. Neymar's and Rafinha's renewal will also increase that number. The new qatar deal and the new sponsor for the training shirt should help, but it's a bit worrying.

Thanks for clarifying. There could be a desperate fire-sale soon and players available on the cheap

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barcelona keep on looking for a centre back to play alongside Pique. They could sign someone in January or next summer. [md]

Please sign someone that is not

1. 30 years old and have one or two years tops at this level

2. Injury prone

3. An average player who plays in a completely different position

Jombi

We usually never get any money from any players unless they are superstars, so we should be prepared for us to pay players to leave or loan them out and pay 90% of the wage.

Jombi

And we shouldnt sign 31 year old CBs and give them a lucrative 4 year contract.

I mean, we buy two CBs and just a year later we are looking to buy yet another CB. Where is the long term planning? This is incredibly wasteful spending.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
And we shouldnt sign 31 year old CBs and give them a lucrative 4 year contract.

I mean, we buy two CBs and just a year later we are looking to buy yet another CB. Where is the long term planning? This is incredibly wasteful spending.

Yes, but Mathieu is not on a lucrative contract at all. He paid money out of his own pocket(lesser wages) so we could match his 20m buyout.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Yes, but Mathieu is not on a lucrative contract at all. He paid money out of his own pocket(lesser wages) so we could match his 20m buyout.

And got all his money back plus a shitload of extra from the bonuses received from winning the treble. Mathieu also got a big raise this season compared to the last one, same with Rakitic. There's a reason our wages increased with 100M from last season while only bringing in Vidal and Arda.

Egert

Estonian Culé
We have our midfielder from 1. FC Kaiserslautern :lol:

auic1d.jpg

Zincubus

Banned
Busquets renewed last year as 4th highest wage in the squad .IIRC he is only behind Messi,Neymar,Iniesta
Can't be 100% but Messi gets something around 20M wage .with Iniesta & Neymar around 12M each

Iniesta on 12 million a season !!?

That's around 1 million per moment of magic ( not necessarily a goal or an assist mind you ) ..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans