Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

I've never been able to read any of your posts as it just says problem with AdBlock or JavaScript ...

Just your posts nobody else's ....

Try to refresh the page. That's the twitter app for this site you're not seeing.

khaled_a_d

Exceptional talents?
Ok if you said exceptional for one of them, but we can't have 4 exceptional forward talents from our Bteam in one moment.

How it stands, probably none out of Munir, Sandro, Adama won't be good enough for Barca.
Halil have some chances if he will improve extremely well on his loan, but he has a loooooong way to go.

I am not saying that we should buy Nolito, but Nolito is a proven player.
These kids are just a bunch of "ifs" and "maybes".

Again, we are Barca, we can't rely too much on ifs and maybes, because roughly 4 out of 5 talents turn into horribly average players for La liga midtable teams or for segunda division.

Relying too much on players like Adama, Munir and Sandro would soon turn us into a Spanish Arsenal.

A team which is never winning anything, and who always have "a bright future" but only on paper.
In reality, that bright future always trips and fails in development.

I was gonna agree with you ,then I read Flavia post
May be it is time to give our young players some burn rather than older proven players (talking about bench squad players) in order to get our wage budget down a little bit
otherwise FFP will fuck us up.in a season we had the ban

F

Flavia

Lol this gets better so before we buy anyone, we have to sell first?

Yes. Offloading the dead weight would be a start. Neymar's and Rafinha's renewal will also increase that number. The new qatar deal and the new sponsor for the training shirt should help, but it's a bit worrying.

xXKonan

Yes. Offloading the dead weight would be a start. Neymar's and Rafinha's renewal will also increase that number. The new qatar deal and the new sponsor for the training shirt should help, but it's a bit worrying.
Theirs rumors we will Offload Douglas and possibly Adriano as well in January, I mean with how good Roberto has become at RB and with Vidal their's really no need to keep either around anymore.

silvia

should sell Song & Montoya asap.
then Mathieu, Douglas, Adriano, Vermalen....
and decide to call up from which, Tello, Deulo, Denis, Halilo, Adama...
who else.. :thinking: well, have to decide Samper and Grimaldo's future.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We pay way too much in wages. Done so for a very long time now. Should follow the RM model of asking for 50% of the player's image rights if he wants a high salary.

Sell all the deadweight in the squad.

BBZ8800

OK, maybe 'exceptional' is a bit exaggerated. But still, all of those forwards have the potential to be at least as good as Nolito

Nolito is an NT player caliber.
How do you or anyone measure player's potential?
And no, imo again, if 1 one out of them turns into Nolito's caliber, that will be awesome.

You are hyping too much our young players.

Besides that, what is this kind of Madrid-like approach on youth talent?

Barca had the same approach as Madrid during 99% of our history.
But majority of younger fans are blinded with a golden (and lucky) La Masia's generation of Messi, Pedro, Pique, Fabregas, Busi and they think that we are actually "better" than other teams or that we are doing things so much differently.
Look, it is easy to be different and to play with kids when you get Messi or Xavi from your youth academy.

When you get players like Grimaldo, Adama and Sandro, it is much harder to do the same.
Then you have to act the same as "bad guys" like Real Madrid and others.

Also, on a larger sample, like 20-30-40 years, Real Madrid has produced the same number of first team footballers from their school, as Barca.
But again, some fans are blinded by the last 10 years and they assume that we were always "La Masia and have faith in youngsters"-club, while other were bad guys who are always buying expensive players.

Of course Munir, Sandro, Halilovic or Adama aren't good enough yet to be an immediate inforcement of the first team, but that doesn't mean that they won't be in the near future. We already have a 'proven player' in Arda Turan, why would we need another one? This is exactly what's wrong with the club: people expect youth players to have an instant impact on the first team. If they don't, they're not good enough. Did Xavi have an immediate impact on the first team? No. Did Iniesta have an immediate impact on the first team? No. With the current state of La Masía (poor coaching, poor management) we shouldn't expect those talents to have an immediate impact. Give them time to develope and they will prove their value for the club.

I am not sure how long you are following Barca's youth players.
But since 1998-99 and Xavi's debut, we had virtually 100+ youngsters like Halil, Munir, Sandro, Adama, Deulo, Lee, Grimaldo, Gumbau, Samper.
Out of 100+ guys in 15-ish years, 10 of them turned into Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Valdes, Messi, Busi, Pedro, Fabregas, Pique, Thiago.
Other 90+ players are now playing in Levante, Getafe, segunda, 3rd division and in random teams in Israel and Saudi Arabia.

So, not every youngster is a next Xavi.
More likely, every 10th or 15th will be something like Sergi or Pedro.

So, relying on 15 youngsters to see which one of them will turn into a next Roberto, isn't exactly a world-class business in terms of CL trophies and other titles.
Players get some chances, but unless if they have an awesome talent from right away, Barca and Real are soon forced to buy proven players like Nolito, Arda and similar.

The mentality of the fans changed over the last years: the arrogance of saying 'we are Barca, we should have the best players in the world in our team' is very Madrid-like and I don't like it one bit.

Sorry, but lol.
You do know that we always had one out of 2-3 most expensive teams, like since early 90s?
Ronaldo the Brasilian, Romario, Rivaldo, Kluivert, Overmars, all Dutch players, Ronaldinho, Etoo, granny Henry, granny Villa.
It is not exactly as if we played with players whom we bought for peanuts, and that we relied on La Masia, while big, bad Real Madrid played only with expensive foreign superstars...

Of course we should look at the best players in the world, but La Masía is our LIFELINE

We produced like 7-8 players since 1990 to 2008 from La Masia.
And then 7-8 players in 2-3 years in those Golden era.

Don't be fooled by that.
La Masia was never "as golden" as revisionism is claiming currently.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

[tw]652770434220486657[/tw]

Huh.

Messi has an insane wages, but we have to pay him.
Neymar, well, this one is tricky.
-- I guess that he has wages almost the same as Messi, and much higher than Messi had in his young days
-- also, Neymar will ask more and more each new Season
Iniesta and Suarez probably have high wages.

Busi and Rakitic average, I guess?

Now, we probably pay too much to some out of: Alves, Pique, Mathieu, Vermaelen, Mascherano.
I mean, even Song's wages (who was a squad player) are so insanely high that no one wants to buy him.

If someone knows real numbers better, please jump in...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think the number is high because of our sponsorship deals too. Qatar Airways deal is very low, a new shirt deal will be signed too.

Nike deal is also very low, but we'll start negotiating a new deal next summer too.

Hopefully these idiots in the board don't sign long-term contracts and keep it to 5 years max.

khaled_a_d

Messi has an insane wages, but we have to pay him.
Neymar, well, this one is tricky.
-- I guess that he has wages almost the same as Messi, and much higher than Messi had in his young days
-- also, Neymar will ask more and more each new Season
Iniesta and Suarez probably have high wages.

Busi and Rakitic average, I guess?

Now, we probably pay too much to some out of: Alves, Pique, Mathieu, Vermaelen, Mascherano.
I mean, even Song's wages (who was a squad player) are so insanely high that no one wants to buy him.

If someone knows real numbers better, please jump in...

Busquets renewed last year as 4th highest wage in the squad .IIRC he is only behind Messi,Neymar,Iniesta
Can't be 100% but Messi gets something around 20M wage .with Iniesta & Neymar around 12M each

xXKonan

Barcelona keep on looking for a centre back to play alongside Pique. They could sign someone in January or next summer. [md]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans