Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Next season we will have iniesta, rocketic, busi, roberto, rafinha, turan, masch and probably a youngster, halilovic/samper etc.
If all healthy that's a fine roster but in reality we need 1 transfer.

LordLichtenstein

xcvcx.png

We have 5 players competing for 2 spots already, why make it 6? I mean, buying a new CM, is kinda pissing on our current ones, in my opinion. Also, if necessary, Busquets can be used as a CM.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Because obviously not everyone will be healthy all the time and iniesta is on his twilight anyway.
Not saying to go buy a first 11 player, like splash 80m on pogba or something, just to buy a player like turan and rocketic, someone dependable who can also be benched if needed.

Egert

Estonian Culé
PSG player Marquinhos (21) and Athletic player Aymeric Laporte (21) are centre back options for Barcelona for next summer. [md]

At least we're not hearing anymore talks of signing up to TWO more midfielders :lol:

As people have noted we are covered in midfield in every way except maybe traditional CM, but we don't really play with those anymore.
Verratti can come this summer but he can also wait another year :p

Jägermeister

xcvcx.png

We have 5 players competing for 2 spots already, why make it 6? I mean, buying a new CM, is kinda pissing on our current ones, in my opinion. Also, if necessary, Busquets can be used as a CM.

Depth and therefore competition and the possibility to rotate without a big drop in quality is a good thing. Also Iniesta doesn't get younger and won't be able to play most matches on his highest level.
And tbh there are midfielders out there who are better than Roberto, Rafinha and Rakitic. So why not try to get one.

khaled_a_d

Depth and therefore competition and the possibility to rotate without a big drop in quality is a good thing. Also Iniesta doesn't get younger and won't be able to play most matches on his highest level.
And tbh there are midfielders out there who are better than Roberto, Rafinha and Rakitic. So why not try to get one.

1-Depth and competition can be good thing ,but within limits
Pep once said that the perfect squad should be around 20-22 players
People always dream of 25 gr8 players squad .but that is actually a bad thing . as it will create :
a-many unhappy players
b-it limits coach ability working with his squad during training etc .it is simply overload to the coach and won't probably be able to get the best out of all of them

2-we have bigger needs ,I mean Iniesta getting old?what about Mascherano ?Mathieu ?Vermaelen?all almost same age as Iniesta .the CB position is way bigger need
And we don't have any true back up for frontline except 2 underwhelming prospects .Ironically the 1st choice is to use one of the players of the deeper line as a back up i.e from midfield .
And we need to replace Adriano ASAP . those 3 positions are way of higher priority

3-Rakitic/Arda/Iniesta are very good players .they won't accept just being bench players .the 3 guys rotating will give them enough minutes .now add 4th and that is crowding and we will end up with someone handling a transfer request

Our best players with Barca B in terms of potential making it to 1st team are Samper,Kaptoum and Gumbau (unfortunately) .our best 2 loaned or sold with buy back options are Halilovic and D.Suarez . Even the best Juvenile A prospect is Alena .we are set for now and there is a good possibility that we have some talents for the future

4-We have limited transfer budget ,we have debts to pay and we have Espai Barca .we can't sign player because of "why not" .we need to sort our priorities from now on .we will need to make smart deals for players only needed

Hopefully Laporte remains an option till Summer too!

I don't like it ,but it seems that way tbh .him, Gimenez and Mustafi seem like the top 3 option for CB next summer

Last edited:

SeloBarca

Messi played CM? since when? he never operated at that position .only used once as AM this season
And Messi will always get the ball deeply ,that is perfect to him . In fact right now he gets the ball more comfortably now than he did under Tito or late season under Tata when we played with the likes of Xavi or Cesc
And most of last year our midfield operated perfectly .this is just how Lucho game is played .they suffered most early on while trying to get his ideas .but after that it was deployed brilliantly
Also the one who mainly control the game and distribution right now is Busquets . And Roberto was never an AM btw .always been a CM

Messi is playing as RW but is forced to take the CM role becouse we only have AMs. We have been struggling immensly the last 2 seasons creating goalscoring chances due to lacking a midfield that can create and hav been forced to rely on individual brilliance by MSN way way to much.

LordLichtenstein

1-Depth and competition can be good thing ,but within limits
Pep once said that the perfect squad should be around 20-22 players
People always dream of 25 gr8 players squad .but that is actually a bad thing . as it will create :
a-many unhappy players
b-it limits coach ability working with his squad during training etc .it is simply overload to the coach and won't probably be able to get the best out of all of them

2-we have bigger needs ,I mean Iniesta getting old?what about Mascherano ?Mathieu ?Vermaelen?all almost same age as Iniesta .the CB position is way bigger need
And we don't have any true back up for frontline except 2 underwhelming prospects .Ironically the 1st choice is to use one of the players of the deeper line as a back up i.e from midfield .
And we need to replace Adriano ASAP . those 3 positions are way of higher priority

3-Rakitic/Arda/Iniesta are very good players .they won't accept just being bench players .the 3 guys rotating will give them enough minutes .now add 4th and that is crowding and we will end up with someone handling a transfer request

Our best players with Barca B in terms of potential making it to 1st team are Samper,Kaptoum and Gumbau (unfortunately) .our best 2 loaned or sold with buy back options are Halilovic and D.Suarez . Even the best Juvenile A prospect is Alena .we are set for now and there is a good possibility that we have some talents for the future

4-We have limited transfer budget ,we have debts to pay and we have Espai Barca .we can't sign player because of "why not" .we need to sort our priorities from now on .we will need to make smart deals for players only needed
My thoughts exactly. :cheers:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is the consensus that we don't need a CM who can control the pace of the game and offers stability and control in the midfield anymore??

Busquets, as great as he is, can't be a CM I am afraid.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't like it ,but it seems that way tbh .him, Gimenez and Mustafi seem like the top 3 option for CB next summer

Wouldn't mind Gimenez, but Laporte is much better with the ball. Would also like to see your reaction when we sign him :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans