Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Stop the like-hunting.

Obviously Larsson in his prime was better than Soriano. I never once said he wasn't.

You glossed over everything I said, I'm done having a rational discussion in your direction.

Please, get real. What was the point in comparing goal scored by Larsson and Soriano in Europa League/UEFA Cup. Why would you even do that? To what point?

BBZ8800

You've missed the point why I brought him up. (also "world class seasons" -- man, it was the SPL :lol: higher-standard then, but still. )

Henrik was, what, 32/33 when he signed for us. His best days were gone. He was a reliable outlet we could bring in and do a job, and that he did. As he did at United too.

That's literally all we want in a forward -- a guy who knows his place and will be reliable when we want him. Soriano is exactly that.

I know what you meant, mate.
I just think that current names thrown aren't as good as Larsson.

That is all I wanted to say.

Further, I have to agree with Serghei to some extent.
I don't think that we are buying a player for La Liga. Munir, Sandro, Arda, guys will do the job, we will win La liga.

I also think that if we are buying a striker, it is someone for a CL, in case if someone from MSN gets injured.
For a CL, Munir and Sandro, and some options like Rafinha in attack are probably not good enough.
For La Liga, everything is good. Rafinha on a wing, Arda on a wing, Mathieu as a flamboyant fullback :lol:

But then, to some extent, I agree with you.
On long term, we need someone like Larsson to be a back up for MSN.
1. so, on long term, like 2-3 seasons, we need some back up for MSN, both in La Liga and Champions league
2. but in the current season, imo, we need a player ONLY for Champions league

Either way, I would rather buy someone slightly better/experienced on the highest level than Nolito/Soriano for CL's needs in the future.

J

Jamie Cal

Please, get real. What was the point in comparing goal scored by Larsson and Soriano in Europa League/UEFA Cup. Why would you even do that? To what point?

Uhm, because you brought up experience in Europe. So, y'know, direct comparison, we are comparing 2 players against each other after all. And again, my point of bringing Larsson up in the first place was squad status, something you keep overlooking, even though I've said it every comment. Is it really that hard for you to understand?

Go look for your likes elsewhere, m8.

I know what you meant, mate.
I just think that current names thrown aren't as good as Larsson.

That is all I wanted to say.

Further, I have to agree with Serghei to some extent.
I don't think that we are buying a player for La Liga. Munir, Sandro, Arda, guys will do the job, we will win La liga.

I also think that if we are buying a striker, it is someone for a CL, in case if someone from MSN gets injured.
For a CL, Munir and Sandro, and some options like Rafinha in attack are probably not good enough.
For La Liga, everything is good. Rafinha on a wing, Arda on a wing, Mathieu as a flamboyant fullback :lol:

But then, to some extent, I agree with you.
On long term, we need someone like Larsson to be a back up for MSN.
1. so, on long term, like 2-3 seasons, we need some back up for MSN, both in La Liga and Champions league
2. but in the current season, imo, we need a player ONLY for Champions league

Either way, I would rather buy someone slightly better/experienced on the highest level than Nolito/Soriano for CL's needs in the future.

I do largely agree, hence why I said even a loan would do, or a short-term contract. Long term we'll be fine, but if one or 2 of the front 3 get injured in the short term, we could regret it.

That said, there's obvious pros and cons to both signing and not signing. I couldn't be mad at all if we signed no one come January.

J

Jamie Cal

You really should keep you childish crap on Facebook where it belongs. No need for it to spill in here.

He ignored everything I said and made a circle-jerkish blanket-statement (that no one was disagreeing with in the first place btw) instead of contributing anything. Get tae fuck.

Jombi

I dont see why we cant focus on Arda, Vidal and Halilovic as the backup of MSN. MSN need backup but the backups also need to understand that they are better off being versatile players who will get playing time in various positions so they wont be so rusty if they need to cover for MSN.

I think it is a better idea to focus on a Xavi type CM and a LB/CB next summer, like Jorginho from Napoli and Samuel Umtiti from Lyon. There really isnt any need for anything more than a CM and a CB who can play LB IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans