Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel campos, A Spanish reporter claims that the negotiations for david luiz have not in fact stopped, And it was a ploy to cool down the media's involvement, And there is a chance that we could sign him this summer.

Not sure about David Luiz (he'd be better than nothing, but that's not saying much), but I do hope the whole "we're not getting a CB" thing was a ploy of some sort.

Zincubus

Banned
We need a CB how can they not see. I really dont get this we will lose so hard against better sides with more pressure and better players with more pace.

Exactly !

Well one of our "so called " CBs ... Adriano picked up a hamstring injury last night .

Added to the fact that our defence was regularly torn apart last night by an ageing Santa Cruz plus a few unknowns what chance are we going to have against the teams with decent forwards !!??

When do we play Real Madrid as I'm going to have to stock
up the booze .

Also .... now bad was bladdy Pedro again , Jesus Wept !

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
AVB is still trying for Vlad Chiriches and he even said there's another club trying for him... We did try for him a while ago, or so they say! May be we are the other club and we end up signing him, hopefully

P

PhilS

I don't understand how people can be so negative all the time, this is what football is you are not always on top, right now this is a transitional period for Barca and it is something that every club goes through, we have had our success and now we have to rebuild. It is not a disaster if we do not win anything this season as long as there is progress and the potential to reach the top again in the next few years. We might still win titles this season who knows but as long as we play exciting football then that is fine for now, but there needs to be a strategy to get the club back to the pinnacle of the sport.

Bayern were a disaster a few years ago and look at them now, Real could not get past the last 16 in the Champions League for 6 seasons and are now looking really good again football goes in cycles and the last 2 seasons have been bad for us and it will take time to get back on top. Tata seems to be a practical coach which is what we need and he has had a good start but it will take time to get the team back to what it was 2 or 3 years ago.

If/When we play Bayern and Real this season then I think we have a good chance of beating both as our first 11 in comparable in talent perhaps even ahead of both and if we get our tactics right we can beat anyone. But our squad needs improving if we want to be a continued threat as injuries will hurt us more than it will them.

It is strange to read so much negativity on this forum, since it is such a joy to support a team of this quality and entertainment value. For all of you crybabies, please explain how the world's worst defense has given up only one goal in the first 3 games?

I don't consider this to be a rebuilding team. Last year, this was the #2 team in the world, per the results. Bayern peaked at the right time, and Messi got hurt. In the first half of last season, Barca was best in the world. Going into this year, of course there are signifigant uncertainties with a new coach and blending in a unique talent like Neymar. But Barca lost no key players, and added the South American player of the year, the MVP of the Confed cup. With just a couple of exceptions, the team is plenty young enough. Cesc and S. Roberto are fine depth if Xavi is fading, though this fading Xavi is still pretty damn good.

For depth, the only concern is CB. The team has superb talent all the way through the first 20 or so, which is as many good players as you want since only that many will play much at all. Some CB will be added this last week, we'll see about his quality. For these crazy clubs who a now adding their eighth offensive midfielder, fourth single striker and so on, we will see how their 30 man squads hang together over the long season with all that big talent not playing at all.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
It is strange to read so much negativity on this forum, since it is such a joy to support a team of this quality and entertainment value. For all of you crybabies, please explain how the world's worst defense has given up only one goal in the first 3 games?

Yeah, so ridiculous. Some people make it sound as if we conceded 3 goals a game.

Kerrybai

I don't consider this to be a rebuilding team. Last year, this was the #2 team in the world, per the results. Bayern peaked at the right time, and Messi got hurt. In the first half of last season, Barca was best in the world. Going into this year, of course there are signifigant uncertainties with a new coach and blending in a unique talent like Neymar. But Barca lost no key players, and added the South American player of the year, the MVP of the Confed cup. With just a couple of exceptions, the team is plenty young enough. Cesc and S. Roberto are fine depth if Xavi is fading, though this fading Xavi is still pretty damn good.

For depth, the only concern is CB. The team has superb talent all the way through the first 20 or so, which is as many good players as you want since only that many will play much at all. Some CB will be added this last week, we'll see about his quality. For these crazy clubs who a now adding their eighth offensive midfielder, fourth single striker and so on, we will see how their 30 man squads hang together over the long season with all that big talent not playing at all.

Yeah, so ridiculous. Some people make it sound as if we conceded 3 goals a game.

Maybe I should remind you of something, last year we went 13 games without a clean sheet which was our worst in 51 years. We concede 66 goals while the season before we conceded 48 and before that 36. I'm not one to be super negative about this season but bringing in a centre back made so much sense and we have failed to do so. We were embarrassed by Munich and were horrible defensively all season. Tactical changes can improve that but there would have been no harm in strengthening our defence. Iniesta, Messi and co won't be young forever so it will be a shame if we look back on this season pondering what difference a new centre back could have made.

mazp

The club said it would bring in CB at the Jan window, if need be. The club tried to bring top CB's this summer, unfortunetly
Those clubs did not want to sell or were asking for astronomical fees. I mean 50M for David Luiz is crazy.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Maybe I should remind you of something, last year we went 13 games without a clean sheet which was our worst in 51 years. We concede 66 goals while the season before we conceded 48 and before that 36. I'm not one to be super negative about this season but bringing in a centre back made so much sense and we have failed to do so. We were embarrassed by Munich and were horrible defensively all season. Tactical changes can improve that but there would have been no harm in strengthening our defence. Iniesta, Messi and co won't be young forever so it will be a shame if we look back on this season pondering what difference a new centre back could have made.
I know that, and as I've said before, we definitely need to sign 1-2 defenders, and should have done so this summer already. I was just refering to that guy saying "everything is negative". While criticism is good and definitely appropriate given Barca's problems, pessimism doesn't help much at all. Especially if some people dwell on it like they do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans