Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's unlikely but Barcelona don't rule out signing a forward this summer and keep an eye on the market. A centre back won't be signed. [ser]

abual3bed1

NOt for next 10 years. We don't want another ball keeper/dribbler in the team. We currently have best possible combo in Alexis, pedro neymar messi.

Pedro is super hot property. If we were to sell i bet, clubs like chelsea, manu will be alert. As moyes and mourinho will know his worth. And our
management knows it too. He doesn't seems to be very popular just in this forum. Otherwise he is a beast IMO.

Define what so " beast " like in Pedro since January 2012 to the date? Please do!

Zincubus

Banned
Interesting !

@barcastuff: It's unlikely but Barcelona don't rule out signing a forward this summer and keep an eye on the market. A centre back won't be signed. [ser]

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Not signing a CB now really is the smart thing to do. They have neglected the position to a point that now their desperation will translate in massive overpaying.

The mistake was not to get a CB 2 years ago. Overpaying for one now out of desperation is just compounding the mistake further.

Let the market settle down a bit, do your homework with scouting, get younger and cheaper later.

mazp

Not signing a CB now really is the smart thing to do. They have neglected the position to a point that now their desperation will translate in massive overpaying.

The mistake was not to get a CB 2 years ago. Overpaying for one now out of desperation is just compounding the mistake further.

Let the market settle down a bit, do your homework with scouting, get younger and cheaper later.

Yep.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
But then, they shouldn't have unsettled the market any further by that half-hearted pursuit of Luiz though...

They really did no such thing. Media did their usual back and forth of speculations, but all accounts indicate Barca made a market value bid for Luiz at 32M Euros, which was rejected. They lose nothing by making the bid.

Zebulun

Mayday Mayday, Houston we have a problem:

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 10m
Martino: "Transfers? The squad I have now will do it. If there's a need to sign a centre back later in the season, we can do that." #fcblive

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Martino: "Transfers? The squad I have now will do it. If there's a need to sign a centre back later in the season, we can do that." #fcblive
he's got a point though... As long as our "scouts" have a CB in mind who won't be cup tied for us if we end up signing him in January

Besides we have a fond memory of the players we signed in winter transfer window... Edgar Davids, Pinto, and Afellay(even though he didn't turn out to be a great transfer, he still helped us win the CL and at the least proved to be a good luck charm :p)

Lack of depth in defense couldn't prove to be as much of a devastating effect in CL and probably not in La Liga either, befre the winter transfer window, if luck permits us to have Puyi healthy during the important matches. But if it happens so, knowing roSELL, we can be sure he wouldn't buy a defender in January either justifying his decision by saying we never witnessed a lack of depth :angry:

Last edited:

cro-man

Lol so we wont sign a cb until martino leaves or our managment get fired....

F

Flavia

I have no idea where you got the "until martino leaves" part. This is the price of years of zubi's incompetence. They'll try to sign someone on the next window, but Martino cannot take any of the blame for zubi's mess.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

How?

Tata cant be blamed for this mess, its all Rosell and Zubi's fault for pursuing impossible targets.

Now that we're not getting a CB, lets try to support the team instead of writing them off and start being negative as the negative attitude is really starting to piss me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans