Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
There was an interesting article in Sport today about the possibility of Barca signing a new striker. The names mentioned were Torres, Eto'o, Mata and Fred. Since this is the first season in a long time we don't have a classic '9', I thought it made a very fair point. Anzhi seems to be more than willing to sell Eto'o, same might be said about Chelsea with Mata and possibly Torres (although Mata is not a pure striker). Time is an impediment since the transfer deadline is on 2nd September.

What do you think? Should Barca pursue Eto'o or any of the players mentioned?
Fred would be sweet... I would normally have rooted for Mata but we got Neymar and Alexis, so better a CF we have been needing for a long time

jklz

There was an interesting article in Sport today about the possibility of Barca signing a new striker. The names mentioned were Torres, Eto'o, Mata and Fred. Since this is the first season in a long time we don't have a classic '9', I thought it made a very fair point. Anzhi seems to be more than willing to sell Eto'o, same might be said about Chelsea with Mata and possibly Torres (although Mata is not a pure striker). Time is an impediment since the transfer deadline is on 2nd September.

What do you think? Should Barca pursue Eto'o or any of the players mentioned?

Eto'o.. Would be awesome to have him back and he could provide to be a good mentor for Dongou until the younger takes over from him.

XaviMessiGirl

CdS (quoting MD) says we are going to ask Juve about Llorente because he doesn't look to be a starter there (despite them only having played two official games so far). Weird rumor, if we really wanted him why not have tried to get him when he was free?

BigBarcaBoy

CdS (quoting MD) says we are going to ask Juve about Llorente because he doesn't look to be a starter there (despite them only having played two official games so far). Weird rumor, if we really wanted him why not have tried to get him when he was free?
i smell bullshit, the list of striking options in MD is terrible, almost as bad as the repeated statement about not buying a centre back.

P

PhilS

Barca is the least likely to shake up their team now with an unnecessary transfer. It will be either some CB, or no one. I still think JDS could go out on loan, plus Bartra if the CB gets bought.

I hope RM adds Bale, and sends off either Ozil or Di Maria. That would be major chaos to go along with the Iker sadness, all good for Barca.

Zincubus

Banned
Barca is the least likely to shake up their team now with an unnecessary transfer. It will be either some CB, or no one. I still think JDS could go out on loan, plus Bartra if the CB gets bought.

I hope RM adds Bale, and sends off either Ozil or Di Maria. That would be major chaos to go along with the Iker sadness, all good for Barca.

Iker sadness ??

What have I missed ??

Have we signed him :)

Adrian

If we wanted a no. 9, we should have just kept Villa, I believe he has the ability.

Please Tata, just get us a couple of decent centre-backs who are comfortable with the ball.

Zincubus

Banned
@barcastuff: Zubizarreta (sports director): "We'll monitor the market until the end of the transfer window, but we don't plan to sign anyone." #fcblive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans