Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Ehh, I am indifferent on the Halilovic move. Very young and very gifted but for the qualities he has, we already have players like Denis Suarez and Rafa coming through the ranks right now. If we are going to dip into the market for a MF, it needs to be someone who can immediately play in the first team but more importantly complements Cesc. Xavi and Iniesta are so great together because they complement each other's playing style perfectly. Cesc is simply more direct and has a slightly more physical aspect to his game so I think if we are going to buy a MF in the market, it should be a player that complements Cesc. If not, I just don't think there is a need to buy another CM who is too identical to what we already have. Especially with the potential Rafa and Suarez have, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to spend money on a player who will take away time from those two, particularly since both have huge potential to be world-class.

For my money, if we have to get another midfielder, it should be someone like Pogba: plays strong on both sides of the ball, physical, intelligent with good technique in possession. We should only go to the market if our youth can't provide something we are lacking. That's why a new GK and CB are a must. I think someone with Pogba's qualities would be ideal as they are physical enough to play more direct at times yet have the skill and most importantly the intelligence to play tiki-taka as well. Finding someone who can complement Cesc is why I think we got Song but Song is simply not intelligent enough with his movement and positioning for our style.

Honestly, if we make a third signing after the CB and GK, I think we should push to get a ST instead of a MF. And I think we should get Bayern's soon to be reject: Mandzukic.

F

Flavia

Martino is already planning for next season. Besides Ter Stegen, he wants 3 more transfers: centre back, midfielder and forward. [sport]

Too good to be true, but I wish it is.

Cule4life

The Culest
Martino is already planning for next season. Besides Ter Stegen, he wants 3 more transfers: centre back, midfielder and forward. [sport]

Barca having a non stubborn coach? I so wish this is true but I'm not getting my hopes up

mazp

Let's see if he's still here next season. In any case I'm all for it.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Musacchio/Laporte/Schar/Benatia for centerback, Rakitic/Gundogan/Carvalho/Kroos (sadly I don't think we can get Vidal for less than oil money) for midfield, and Mandzukic/Cardozo for forward. But I think we should get a new rightback as well. I have no idea who we would get though. Maybe make Montoya the starting rightback and promote Ie or Campins to be his backup. And of course Adriano can play Rb as well.

What do you guys think about selling Song and buying Lars Bender? I haven't really watched him play but it's an idea I've seen tossed around lately.

Preferably we can get Benatia or Laporte, Rakitic or Gundogan, and Manduzukic.

Last edited:

Alarcón

Unfortunately, it comes from sport so no reason to get excited

If it were true though, I'd welcome Hummels and Gündogan with open arms. Their current injuries are worrying but with modern football being what it is, there are very few clubs who don't sell their top players for excessive prices and Dortmund are still one of them.

Last edited:

BarçAjax8

I wish (Musacchio/Benatia, Oliver Torres, Mandzukic/Lukaku would be my choices)

Would he suit the profile of player we need in CDM though? All I know is that he's an immense tackler.
Sell Song & keep Mascherano as Busquet's backup. If he doesn't want to be a backup we can think about bringing in another DMF. Maybe Oriol Romeu as anyone who comes in will have to sit behind Busi and he's a youth player.

dlx3

I wish (Musacchio/Benatia, Oliver Torres, Mandzukic/Lukaku would be my choices)

Why Oliver Torres when we have Rafinha who is playing ridiculously well for Celta and has been Celta's best player of the season so far. Oli is awesome, but physically he just isn't there yet. Plus he has to improve his off ball movement and most importantly he has to play minutes. In his last two years he got only 450 minutes of playing time in LaLiga and a season before 700+ minutes in SD Grupo 1. Meanwhile Rafinha played almost 7000 minutes in Segunda and this year he played 1500+ in Primera. What I want to say is that Rafinha is ready to play in a club like FCB. Oli often didn't even make the squad for Atleti and for that reason he was loaned out. There is a great possibility he will stay at Villarreal for another season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans