Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jklz

Why Oliver Torres when we have Rafinha who is playing ridiculously well for Celta and has been Celta's best player of the season so far. Oli is awesome, but physically he just isn't there yet. Plus he has to improve his off ball movement and most importantly he has to play minutes. In his last two years he got only 450 minutes of playing time in LaLiga and a season before 700+ minutes in SD Grupo 1. Meanwhile Rafinha played almost 7000 minutes in Segunda and this year he played 1500+ in Primera. What I want to say is that Rafinha is ready to play in a club like FCB. Oli often didn't even make the squad for Atleti and for that reason he was loaned out. There is a great possibility he will stay at Villarreal for another season.

I doubt that Oliver Torres will currently be able to help our midfield (more so in 2-3 years), but him and Rafinha are different type of players. Rafinha playing in a more advanced position, while Oliver can play in a deeper position; directing the flow of the game.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I doubt that Oliver Torres will currently be able to help our midfield (more so in 2-3 years), but him and Rafinha are different type of players. Rafinha playing in a more advanced position, while Oliver can play in a deeper position; directing the flow of the game.

Absolutely

Maria

Martino is already planning for next season. Besides Ter Stegen, he wants 3 more transfers: centre back, midfielder and forward. [sport]

Too good to be true, but I wish it is.

I couldn't read the forum in the last days so I don't know if you talked about Martino saying Sunday after the game that he still hasn't discussed with Zubi about next year's squad. So unless they met yesterday or Tata is making these plans all by himself, then Sport is definitely lying.

Why Oliver Torres when we have Rafinha who is playing ridiculously well for Celta and has been Celta's best player of the season so far. Oli is awesome, but physically he just isn't there yet. Plus he has to improve his off ball movement and most importantly he has to play minutes. In his last two years he got only 450 minutes of playing time in LaLiga and a season before 700+ minutes in SD Grupo 1. Meanwhile Rafinha played almost 7000 minutes in Segunda and this year he played 1500+ in Primera. What I want to say is that Rafinha is ready to play in a club like FCB. Oli often didn't even make the squad for Atleti and for that reason he was loaned out. There is a great possibility he will stay at Villarreal for another season.

Plus we have Samper as our hope for CM..so I'd rather bring someone who can bench Xavi now instead of another youngster, no matter how good he might be in the future.

Last edited:

dlx3

Agree. But IMO Busquets should be able to control the game on his own. Rafinha brings aggresion, pace, pressing. What our midfield currently lacks. When it come to defending and tracing the ball he is way above Oli or Xavi. Not to mention his ability to beat the opponent on 1vs1 situations. Deep lying playmaker positon shoud be reserved for Samper :p

Zincubus

Banned
I couldn't read the forum in the last days so I don't know if you talked about Martino saying Sunday after the game that he still hasn't discussed with Zubi about next year's squad. So unless they met yesterday or Tata is making these plans all by himself, then Sport is definitely lying.

If I was Tata I wouldn't be worrying about next season ..... We are currently in talks with Johan Cruyff ....

On assuming the presidency late last month, Bartomeu claimed he would reach out to Cruyff and the new Blaugrana chief confirmed Monday that preliminary talks have taken place.

"We have been in contact with people close to Cruyff," he said at a news conference to announce some changes in the club's board structure. "We will keep talking. He is a very important person for us and for this club. Little by little, things will return to normal."

NeyMesSis

Summer 2014:

Leave:

Puyol - Retire
Tello - Sold (with Buyback)
dos Santos - Sold (with Buyback)

Roberto - Loan (I think still he can become a future star)
Suarez - Loan

Signings:

Deulofeu
Rafinha

Halilovic for B-Team first, than after 2-3 seasons A-Team
Ter Stegen
CB (Luiz/Benatia/Balanta/...)
CM - If they dont think Rafinha fits in this position (Gündogan/Vidal/...)

Last edited:

Maria

If I was Tata I wouldn't be worrying about next season ..... We are currently in talks with Johan Cruyff ....

On assuming the presidency late last month, Bartomeu claimed he would reach out to Cruyff and the new Blaugrana chief confirmed Monday that preliminary talks have taken place.

"We have been in contact with people close to Cruyff," he said at a news conference to announce some changes in the club's board structure. "We will keep talking. He is a very important person for us and for this club. Little by little, things will return to normal."

I don't get what you're trying to say..Bartomeu thinks that Cruyff is the evil reincarnated, worse than Laporta or Txiki so what he said yesterday was only meant to buy him some time and to distance himself from Rosell. Also, what does it mean that things will return to normal? Weren't they normal until now?

fcbdna

Banned
Strangely I think Lukaku would be a great buy for CF. . . He is not the quintessential technically adept striker, But he is a juggernaut, wouldn't mind coming of the bench and scores regularly too.

F

Flavia

I don't get what you're trying to say..Bartomeu thinks that Cruyff is the evil reincarnated, worse than Laporta or Txiki so what he said yesterday was only meant to buy him some time and to distance himself from Rosell. Also, what does it mean that things will return to normal? Weren't they normal until now?

Bartomeu is trying to make peace with Cruyff. I don't know if he really thinks Cruyff is evil, but if he does, he's putting that aside, for the club. Politics, but this time for a good reason.

DinhoR10

Strangely I think Lukaku would be a great buy for CF. . . He is not the quintessential technically adept striker, But he is a juggernaut, wouldn't mind coming of the bench and scores regularly too.

Can he play on the wing? No wing no playing time mayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans