Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcbdna

Banned
He could bench xavi
He wouldn't have the same effect Xavi has in the midfield. There is a reason Pep plays Thiago over him. He is very good at attacking but not quite as adept at coordinating the midfield and dictating the pace/flow of the game. Just my personal observation.

psychotsek

He got displaced by Thiago, where's Kroos going to play in our midfield? Oh right, I forgot, on the bench. :pep:

Javi Martinez lost his place to Lahm but that doesn't instaltly make the latter a better midfielder.Kroos was along Schweinsteiger the driving force behind Bayern's last super season and imo can replace Xavi in a way neither Cesc nor Roberto can.

Alarcón

Oliver Torres is not ready yet. Potential world class player who would fit Barça like a glove but we need someone who makes an instant impact.

i_bleed_blaugrana

IN:

-CB:
1. David Luiz for 35 million. Not sure why people don't see how well he would mesh with Pique. Pique sweeps while Luiz stops, would be a great duo.
OR
2. Mehdi Benatia for 20 million. Would be a solid back up transfer, perhaps a bit risky but he his towering in the air, has solid technique on and off the ball and positions himself well. Not the fleetest of foot though, Luiz is more athletic.

-Fullback:
1. Ricardo Rodriguez for 12-15 million. 21 Swiss international from Wolfsburg. Highly rated by Mou, 6'0, fast and can whip in beautiful crosses with pace a la Dani. Only thing with him is he is a left back so Alba and Adriano will be in front of him but I think he could adapt to playing on the right as well. If he could lock down the right side, Dani would be expendable and Montoya could be the defensive option.
OR
2. Luiz Gustavo for 15-20 million. Another Wolfsburg raid, I think converting him to a defensive fullback wouldn't hurt at all as he has good height and can tackle well. As long as he stays more defensive a la Abidal, Alba can bomb forward down the left all he like.

-GK
1. Ter Stergen for 12 million. Seems like a done deal.

-Promotion/Loan
1. Rafa Alcantara from Celta. Looks to have as much if not more swag than his brother minus the nonchalance. Looks hungry. Would love to see him in the MF.
2. Deulofeu from Everton. Could spell the end of Sanchez and Pedro if he can continue to be ruthless in his finishing. Dynamic, and once he matures he will be a gem of a player.

Approximate expenditures: 58-62 million.

OUT:

-Alex Song for 25-30 million. With Luiz in the squad, simply not needed. Hopefully both Luiz and Mascherano could deputize the DM role whenever Busquets needs a rest. Would benefit any team he went to though as he has improved has a player since he has been here, perhaps City or PSG?

-Alexis Sanchez for 35 million. I know a lot of people on here will think I am crazy for this one but this summer would be the perfect time to offload him. He is expendable in my eyes as Pedro shows much more consistency in making an impact. With Neymar on the right and Messi in the center, Pedro and Deulofeu could split the time on the right as well as Rafa. No offense to Alexis but for me he goes missing too often in big games. Hope he proves me wrong but I just fancy Pedro and Deu more.

-Dani Alves for 15-20 million*. I'll put an asterisk on him bc we would need someone to fill his space immediately a la Ricardo but he is declining. Too often we are exploited from crosses on his side. There isn't much he can do about it bc he isn't the strongest in the air but a taller defense is becoming increasingly important to our team. Still the best attacking RB in the world tho, we just need someone a little more well-rounded.

-Loan

1. Tello. Needs a more consistent run of games to get some experience. PL teams seem to be all over him.
2. Samper, looks to be another one for the future but he needs experience at the top level.
3. Dongou, same as Samper.
4. Traore.

Approximate revenue: 60-80 million, depending on negotiations.

Optional Transfers:

-ST
1. Mario Mandzukic for 25-30 million. Perfect plan B striker for us as he is ruthless inside of the box, great in the air, mobile, presses well and works well off of the ball. Link up play is solid as well.
2. Robin Van Persie for 35-37 million. Particularly if UTD aren't playing CL football next year, RVP might bite at a chance to play for us. Only if Tata absolutely feels like we need a ST and we can't get Mando.

DinhoR10

IN:

-CB:
1. David Luiz for 35 million. Not sure why people don't see how well he would mesh with Pique. Pique sweeps while Luiz stops, would be a great duo.
OR
2. Mehdi Benatia for 20 million. Would be a solid back up transfer, perhaps a bit risky but he his towering in the air, has solid technique on and off the ball and positions himself well. Not the fleetest of foot though, Luiz is more athletic.

-Fullback:
1. Ricardo Rodriguez for 12-15 million. 21 Swiss international from Wolfsburg. Highly rated by Mou, 6'0, fast and can whip in beautiful crosses with pace a la Dani. Only thing with him is he is a left back so Alba and Adriano will be in front of him but I think he could adapt to playing on the right as well. If he could lock down the right side, Dani would be expendable and Montoya could be the defensive option.
OR
2. Luiz Gustavo for 15-20 million. Another Wolfsburg raid, I think converting him to a defensive fullback wouldn't hurt at all as he has good height and can tackle well. As long as he stays more defensive a la Abidal, Alba can bomb forward down the left all he like.

-GK

-Promotion/Loan
1. Rafa Alcantara from Celta. Looks to have as much if not more swag than his brother minus the nonchalance. Looks hungry. Would love to see him in the MF.
2. Deulofeu from Everton. Could spell the end of Sanchez and Pedro if he can continue to be ruthless in his finishing. Dynamic, and once he matures he will be a gem of a player.

OUT:

-Alex Song for 25-30 million. With Luiz in the squad, simply not needed. Hopefully both Luiz and Mascherano could deputize the DM role whenever Busquets needs a rest. Would benefit any team he went to though as he has improved has a player since he has been here, perhaps City or PSG?

-Alexis Sanchez for 35 million. I know a lot of people on here will think I am crazy for this one but this summer would be the perfect time to offload him. He is expendable in my eyes as Pedro shows much more consistency in making an impact. With Neymar on the right and Messi in the center, Pedro and Deulofeu could split the time on the right as well as Rafa. No offense to Alexis but for me he goes missing too often in big games. Hope he proves me wrong but I just fancy Pedro and Deu more.

-Dani Alves for 15-20 million*. I'll put an asterisk on him bc we would need someone to fill his space immediately a la Ricardo but he is declining. Too often we are exploited from crosses on his side. There isn't much he can do about it bc he isn't the strongest in the air but a taller defense is becoming increasingly important to our team. Still the best attacking RB in the world tho, we just need someone a little more well-rounded.

-Loan

1. Tello. Needs a more consistent run of games to get some experience. PL teams seem to be all over him.
2. Samper, looks to be another one for the future but he needs experience at the top level.
4. Traore.

Optional Transfers:

-ST
1. Mario Mandzukic for 25-30 million. Perfect plan B striker for us as he is ruthless inside of the box, great in the air, mobile, presses well and works well off of the ball. Link up play is solid as well.
2. Robin Van Persie for 35-37 million. Particularly if UTD aren't playing CL football next year, RVP might bite at a chance to play for us. Only if Tata absolutely feels like we need a ST and we can't get Mando.

Your prices for Alves and Van Persie are inflated they're both over 30.

Tello would be excess since he can only play on the wing while we already have Neymar and Pedro as experienced wingers, Adama and Deu as talented youngsters and Iniesta,Rafinha and Suarez who can play on the wing if needed. I didnt put Alexis cause I agree he should be sold mainly cause I want a CF that can play on the wing as a wide forward.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He wouldn't have the same effect Xavi has in the midfield. There is a reason Pep plays Thiago over him. He is very good at attacking but not quite as adept at coordinating the midfield and dictating the pace/flow of the game. Just my personal observation.

Actually you have it opposite. Kroos this season has been much deeper as a CM and focuses mainly on dictating the game with his short passes. He isn't creative nor a true "playmaker" with vision like Thiago which is why he's been benched. Kroos is more conservative and safe while Thiago is more of a creative orchestrator.

Kroos isn't playing to his full potential right now IMO. He will probably never be the type of player with skill, vision, or technical ability like Thiago. However he can be a world class engine with his energy and foundational play. He's yet to show his wicked shooting ability and forward momentum this season but it is there.

Xavinho

I find it baffling that anyone would suggest signing David Luiz. Maybe if for some insane reason we were planning to offload Busquets and we were looking for a DM I could understand people wanting him, although personally even then he wouldn't be on my list. But the idea of him playing CB for us gives me nightmares

i_bleed_blaugrana

As far as attacking midfielders go, I really don't see a need to bring in any other CM/AM with the embarrassment of riches we have in this department. Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Rafa, Sergi and potentially Samper. I also think we should consider dropping Messi into midfield, especially with someone like Mando up top. He has great decision making with the ball and with Cesc or Iniesta playing deeper, he could roam behind the front three.

Also, Cesc is most definitely the future of the MF. His only poor performances are when he plays as false 9, other than that, his MF performances have been superb. 13 goals and 12 assists as a MF is impressive. He is only getting better too and I think if he actually got time to lock down a MF spot on his own, he would control games better than he does now.

Xavi should be a squad player after this season. He would be perfect to lock down CdR games and come on as a sub once we have a lead. Plus it would help him find a niche so he can retire here, help mentor the younger MFs and pass the torch onto the younger players.

Iniesta-Busi-Cesc should be our starting MF but I think we should really start experimenting more often. I think Rafa-Busi-Cesc could be exciting, as would Rafa-Busi-Sergi/Iniesta. And with players like Luiz and Mascherano possessing the ability to play as DMs, a MF of Busi-Luiz/Mascherano behind Messi would be perfect away from home.

We have a wide variety of talent and attributes in AM and I think if Tata played certain MF duos to match whether we are playing more direct or possession based would do us a lot of good, that way we have multiple looks and teams won't know what to expect.

For example, when we want to sit deeper and invite teams to attack to open up the game, the double pivot I mentioned above with Busi with either Macherano or Luiz with either Iniesta, Cesc or Messi in a free attacking role could be lethal. When we want to control possession and take the game to teams, the conventional Iniesta-Busi-Xavi or Cesc-Busi-Xavi with Messi as the false 9 could still work as well. But I think the younger MFs can embody the ability to do both and that's why I think Rafa-Busi-Cesc/Sergi could be the direction the team evolves into the future.

I think Rafa and Neymar will also enjoy playing with each other a lot as well, the 1-2s they would play could have way too much swag for any of us to comprehend.

Point being, I just think we need to think a little more outside the box in terms of MF because I'm convinced we have all the components already either in the squad right now or coming through the ranks to suit all our needs in the AM area.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
IN:

-CB:
OR

-Fullback:
OR

-GK

-Promotion/Loan

OUT:

-Loan

4. Traore.

Optional Transfers:

-ST

:worthy: We should hire you as Director of Football.

I would still like us to get Oliver Torres, but I suppose that can wait until Xavi retires and Iniesta gets a lot older.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I find it baffling that anyone would suggest signing David Luiz. Maybe if for some insane reason we were planning to offload Busquets and we were looking for a DM I could understand people wanting him, although personally even then he wouldn't be on my list. But the idea of him playing CB for us gives me nightmares

Luiz would do very well with our high line style. He's better than Mascherano and has solid technique, both on the ball and in the tackle. His problem with positioning at Chelsea has more to do with them sitting deeper than his deficiencies. He is aggressive and needs to play in a style that enables him to be proactive, not reactive. Plus having him would allow us to play Bartra as a defensive fullback as well. Bartra-Luiz-Pique-Alba wouldn't be bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans