Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

A question for everybody. Does the activity in this window, especially given the age of all the signings, Vietto included, mean that the Club isn't going to be very active for the next couple of seasons? I obviously worry about the other financial obligations soon to be due. Or am I reading way too much into things?

Depends on your definition of "very active"
I think the club is willing to invest in the future to decrease the need of spending in the future for sure.but that doesn't mean we won't splash money when needed.
Never mind that with the age of the signing their resale value is good,so if they fail we could recoup money to spend like we did with Alexis & Cesc

Edit: one more thing,if we are able to sell Arda then we basically only spent the 60M annual budget,with the only increase is the Add ons

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Depends on your definition of "very active"
I think the club is willing to invest in the future to decrease the need of spending in the future for sure.but that doesn't mean we won't splash money when needed.
Never mind that with the age of the signing their resale value is good,so if they fail we could recoup money to spend like we did with Alexis & Cesc

Edit: one more thing,if we are able to sell Arda then we basically only spent the 60M annual budget,with the only increase is the Add ons

Add-ons which we always (bar few rare exceptions) end up paying.
We already spent closer to 100 million only on backups.

khaled_a_d

Add-ons which we always (bar few rare exceptions) end up paying.

Who did we end up paying his add-ons?
We didn't pay a penny in Vermaelen deal,paid one of of two of the Add-ons for Cesc IIRC and we don't know the type of Add-ons on Arda deal.Denis is yet to be eligible for any.
Is there someone I am forgetting about?

We already spent closer to 100 million only on backups.

That is true,but Cruyff once said that the best change for a team is within the inside.
We paid 100M for back ups,but many of them are potential starter in the future. Andre Gomes could very well replace Iniesta/Rakitic in the future (Not convinced and will wait b4 final judgement as I said b4,but that is probably why we signed him) and Umtiti could end up replacing Mascherano in the CB
Because it is always the best when your new starter has already spent time on the team.not signed to the starting line up immediately.Those 2 are the most expensive players this summer.

Digne is a solid signing for back up LB IMHO.Vietto isn't perfect but Roberto said himself that many targets has rejected to join us b/c of MSN.He is someone we probably had to settle with.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Umtiti and Suarez will be good imo. I would have signed Marin and backup CF on loans.
Gomes is just an average cm who we don't need.
90 million saved or splashed on a true gamechanger and someone who offers us something new.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Which game changer could that be though? Not many midfielders out there like that right now. And those who are, are too expensive or not for sale at any cost.

Jombi

Giving up on Gabriel Jesus and signing Vietto instead is bad. We could have loaned a backup for 6 months or a year to wait until the season in Brazil ended.

Not happy with Andre Gomes signing either. Roberto, Denis and Rafa are better than him. I see the Vietto signing like the Gomes signing. I dont buy the stories that we had to "settle" for these players because all the other options refuse to join us.

Last edited:

DonAK

Andre Gomes was just wanted by Juventus and Real Madrid too, and is a very highly rated young player, yet Roberto, Denis and Rafinha are better than him.... At least give him a chance.

And there's nothing to suggest we've given up on Gabriel Jesus anyway. He was never going to come here right now or in January. He's set to stay in Brazil for some time. We were always supposed to sign a CF now. G. Jesus, Gabigol or anyone else are options for the future.

Jombi

And there's nothing to suggest we've given up on Gabriel Jesus anyway. He was never going to come here right now or in January.

How do you know this? Just hours ago the latest news was about him set to sign for City. He's earning pitiful wages in Brazil compared to any offers from Europe. Players of that caliber dont stay years in a league that pay so badly like it does these days. If we sign Vietto we have given up on Gabriel Jesus and we wont sign him years from now as he would be gone.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
How do you know this? He's earning pitiful wages in Brazil compared to any offers from Europe. Players of that caliber dont stay years in a league that pay so badly like it does these days.

He wants to win the title with Palmeiras (?).

DonAK

How do you know this? He's earning pitiful wages in Brazil compared to any offers from Europe. Players of that caliber dont stay years in a league that pay so badly like it does these days.

He's starting to get the hype and will get paid far more than he is right now in sponsorship deals like Neymar(obviously not at that level). He said he will stay till January and try to win the league with them. After that I can see him stay for another year too.

It's not always about the money. He has seen the examples of some other players that went far too early. He's just 19.

Do you really believe the 19 year old Gabriel Jesus would come to Barca or any other team right now and stay on the bench? He seems much smarter than that.

As for the Globoesporte reports, then they've said he's joining Real Madrid, then Man City and now possibly Man Utd. For a paper supposed to be so reliable they're certainly flip flopping a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans