Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
December to be precise, but thats not what we are discussing here though.

You're assuming the club have given up on Gabriel Jesus because we're reportedly on verge of signing Vietto, but that's not true. We were always supposed to sign a #9. It was supposed to be Gameiro before Sevilla and Sampaoli showed us his buyout and told us to pay it or get lost.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...briel-jesus-pasa-el-examen-pero-le-falta.html

Yet it seems like Robert liked what he saw(he wasn't traveling there for the beach parties), but thinks he still lacks a bit before he's ready to play here. He's an option for the future and always was. Were rumors we wanted to sign him and loan him out to Palmeiras until January and for a year or two to a European club.

So he was never supposed to be an option for this season and certainly not disregarded because of Vietto.

Jombi

What are we discussing then? There is no evidence that we've decided to give up on Jesus. We'll be in for him again in the winter.

I said this: "We could have loaned a backup for 6 months or a year to wait until the season in Brazil ended." So it was pretty obvious what we were discussing. Not him staying for a further 6 months at Palmeiras.

But good news that we will be in for him in the winter. I have seen zero reports about that and it makes no sense if we sign Vietto for a truckload of money now.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I said this: "We could have loaned a backup for 6 months or a year to wait until the season in Brazil ended." So it was pretty obvious what we were discussing. Not him staying for a further 6 months at Palmeiras.

But good news that we will be in for him in the winter. I have seen zero reports about that and it makes no sense if we sign Vietto for a truckload of money now.

See above post.

Jombi

See above post.

We will see about that. Seems very speculative at this point for sure. And very unlikely if he continues his current form at Palmeiras, he'll be far too good to continue there and will cost a truckload of money. Those types of transfers where every giant club in the world chase him are not transfers where we sign and loan him out for a year or two. If Vietto is signed I feel confident we wont sign Gabriel Jesus.

Last edited:

SeloBarca

You're assuming the club have given up on Gabriel Jesus because we're reportedly on verge of signing Vietto, but that's not true. We were always supposed to sign a #9. It was supposed to be Gameiro before Sevilla and Sampaoli showed us his buyout and told us to pay it or get lost.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...briel-jesus-pasa-el-examen-pero-le-falta.html

Yet it seems like Robert liked what he saw(he wasn't traveling there for the beach parties), but thinks he still lacks a bit before he's ready to play here. He's an option for the future and always was. Were rumors we wanted to sign him and loan him out to Palmeiras until January and for a year or two to a European club.

So he was never supposed to be an option for this season and certainly not disregarded because of Vietto.

Cant wait for to long to sign great talents though. Theres already been great talents that have said they really want to play with us, like Dybala, and then they get signed by other clubs instead becose we "want to wait"
And then when we want them, they cost 10x the money we coulda bought them for.

khaled_a_d

Cant wait for to long to sign great talents though. Theres already been great talents that have said they really want to play with us, like Dybala, and then they get signed by other clubs instead becose we "want to wait"
And then when we want them, they cost 10x the money we coulda bought them for.

Dybala said he wants to sign with us while he has already agreed terms with Juve and was pushing for a move there.The kid was just talking but his career decision was set.we had zero chance of getting him with MSN dominating and transfer ban while one of the top clubs offering him a starting spot immediatly. Sorry but actions speak louder than words and his action was forcing a move to Juve and everyone knew about it b4 he said he wants to join Barca.

It takes 3 sidees for a deal to go throw,2 clubs and the player.We have already had talks with Palmeiras and it is clear that we are interested.but God only knows what is in the kid & his agent/family mind.or what has happened behind the closed doors,we might already have terms to get him in January or he might have already rejected us or we got outbid.
All what we can do is to speculate when there is a little trustworthy info there.the tabloids has already made it look like he is a done deal for Bayern/Juve/Barca/Inter/RM/City

Last edited:

SeloBarca

It was jsut an example.
My point was that we cant always wait and see on big talents like that.
If we can get them and loan them a season thats almost a better option.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We might have had a plan to sign someone like Vietto anyway and that doesn't deviate/nullify our plan and interest to sign Gabriel Jesus, great. However, from his perspective, I am not sure how the potential signing of Vietto would be received or perceived there. My fear is that it might further discourage him to want to sign with us, knowing that he might be further down the pecking order in terms of playing time. I mean we already have forwards/attacking players like Dembele who refused to sign with us for the very reason that they don't see an immediate future with us, which Robert openly acknowledged. I just hope that (1) we will pursue him relentlessly and (2) GJ himself has a bit of perspective and patience.

Neymar please work hard as our lobbyist. :neymar:

xXKonan

When/if we get Vietto, are window is pretty much done.

But Despite that I do think Robert will do some extra work behind the scenes, and go out and possibly secure first options on younger talents in Europe and South america.

Chainsaw

Killahead
When/if we get Vietto, are window is pretty much done.

But Despite that I do think Robert will do some extra work behind the scenes, and go out and possibly secure first options on younger talents in Europe and South america.

After signjng Vietto he should be quick to get rid of the likes of Vermaelen, Douglas and Montoya.

xXKonan

After signjng Vietto he should be quick to get rid of the likes of Vermaelen, Douglas and Montoya.
Montoya will likely be our Sacrificial lamb and go to Valencia due to the Gomes deal.

Vermaelen will likely go back to the EPL, I hope it's a sale and not a damn loan. as for Douglas I don't know man we can't even find him a club in La Liga that would take him and he doesn't want to go back to Brazil because he wants a EU passport/Spanish Citizenship.

I think theirs a good chance we are stuck with him.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Montoya will likely be our Sacrificial lamb and go to Valencia due to the Gomes deal.

Vermaelen will likely go back to the EPL, I hope it's a sale and not a damn loan. as for Douglas I don't know man we can't even find him a club in La Liga that would take him and he doesn't want to go back to Brazil because he wants a EU passport/Spanish Citizenship.

I think theirs a good chance we are stuck with him.

He doesn't want to leave Spain and no club in LLiga wants him? Send him to a 3rd division cllub. That's where he belongs to anyway. Happy ending for everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans