Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Mangala isn't even all that great, certainly not for that buy out clause. The only reason why people keep bringing up his name is because he is an alternative signing to the other "famous" centre backs. Sure we could use him but he's way too expensive for his level.

Who would be your (realistic) options for CB?

I

instinct

Vidal: Barca rumours? I thank all clubs interested in me but I'm more motivated than ever to continue at Juve.

G

Gascav

It's not about "playing deep" or "playing high". Positionally Xavi plays as high up the pitch as Iniesta if not higher up at times. Prime Xavi was more trequartista than regista. Del Bosque won 2 tournaments using Xavi as the most advanced central midfielder. Here is the average positioning in Barca's last CL final:

nhppqja8.png

Xavi is as much "attacking midfielder" as Fabregas although Martino, like Frank used to do, misuses him closer to Busquets because his brain, like 90 % of all coaches, works in the traditional "4-2-3-1" scheme. The problem is not about where but rather how they play. Fabregas is more erratic with his touches and passes, he doesn't read the game as well as our other La Masia midfielders, his movement is much more aggressive and archaic (rushing into the box to get into goalscoring positions every opportunity) and his defensive game is worse. He's more athletic and energetic and he might even cover more ground defensively than Xavi but Xavi reads the game and blocks the passing lanes correctly 9 out of 10 times whereas Cesc gets "stuck in". Overall Fabregas is more chaotic and hit and miss; not a great tactical brain or organizer either. If we want to play with Cesc and Iniesta, which is perfectly possible (although I made Cesc sound like a scrub so far but that wasn't my point :lol:), we need a much stronger defensive unit. But that would be also true for Vidal.
I hope someone who goes by the name Joppe sees this. Just because cesc has a thing for throughballs and killer passes doesnt mean he is suitable to replace xavi. Vidal rumours are not stupid, they make sense

F

forcabarca

Vidal isn't a overrated player. He's simply amazing and I hope Alexis can convince him to join Barça.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Barcilliant

Why? Because he's overrated and doesn't suit our style of play. And he'll cost 60m.

So you've never seen him play, then?? Youtube highlights don't do him ANY justice. He is a tremendous player and IF RM sign him (a distinct possibility) Barca will be in deep shit.

He will suit our team cause if Tata stays we will be a more direct team. Also Vidal has enough intelligence to adapt. He will fill in the leadership void left by Puyol. He is the leader at Juve and if he comes here watch for him to stamp his authority on the pitch.

G

Gascav

So you've never seen him play, then?? Youtube highlights don't do him ANY justice. He is a tremendous player and IF RM sign him (a distinct possibility) Barca will be in deep shit.

He will suit our team cause if Tata stays we will be a more direct team. Also Vidal has enough intelligence to adapt. He will fill in the leadership void left by Puyol. He is the leader at Juve and if he comes here watch for him to stamp his authority on the pitch.

Best box to box midfielder along with schweinsteiger and yaya toure

PrRan

Barca don't need a midfielder, just sell song and tello. Buy a CB to pair with pique and bartra. Also a #9 for the bench and for when we play 4-2-3-1( maybe Torres) delofeu should come back and rafinha to! But then we have to many MF's. that's about it I think.

The tactics should more or less stay the same, just faster passing and the wingers should try to dribble more. No smashing the ball upfield nonsense as we see sometimes!

Howes

The club just broken the bank for Neymar, and has given the go ahead for a massive stadium redevelopment anyone who thinks that won't have an effect on transfer spending is delusional, in spite of what the board say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans