Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

instinct

Of course Xavi wants to keep the old style because he fits in. In almost every other system he would be benched, mainly becaue of his age but in the current formation we do need him.

Alarcón

Hummels is much better than Piqué. The only thing the two have in common is their liability to lapses but you'd have a hard time trying to find a defender who doesn't have the occasional blunder nowadays.

fcbdna

Banned
Luiz would be surprisingly good for us. Has technical ability and good for a high line. Still lacks key defensive skills though.

I wonder how he always outshines T.Silva in the Brazilian NT whenever they are paired? . . . People need to stop underrating Luiz's defensive abilities.

fcbdna

Banned
Hummels is much better than Piqué. The only thing the two have in common is their liability to lapses but you'd have a hard time trying to find a defender who doesn't have the occasional blunder nowadays.

Pique is much faster than Hummels. Pique looks like Aaron Lennon compared to Hummels.

BarçAjax8

Of course Xavi wants to keep the old style because he fits in. In almost every other system he would be benched, mainly becaue of his age but in the current formation we do need him.

Definitely and Xavi still bosses the midfield. As a supporter it's also a lot more entertaining to watch Barcelona playing great Tiki-Taka vs. counter attacking debacles

Some of you keep saying that we must buy one deffensive minded RB... But I dont really see anyone right know?
Im very pessimistic about next transfer window. As we know club doesnt have so much money to splash (around 60mio+ sale of some players), so we must make very smart buys and i doubt zubi and co. are capable of doing that :angry:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I wonder how he always outshines T.Silva in the Brazilian NT whenever they are paired? . . . People need to stop underrating Luiz's defensive abilities.

So Alexis, Thiago, Kroos, etc. are all shit. But Luiz has good defensive abilities? :lol:

zanela

So you're not among the ones saying Pique-Hummels is destined for disaster?

I don't know why posters here are averse to bringing in another ball playing CB. I understand its not ideal, but its hardly disastrous. Márquez -Pique had become our first choice CB pair in 08/09, before the Mexican got injured. What we need is an established CB, and a good reader of the game. Some of the names proposed here, may work in theory, but just like any new signing carries risk. Defence is not about individuals, but how it works as a unit. If Hummels is back in the frame, I'd take him without hesitation.

fcbdna

Banned
So Alexis, Thiago, Kroos, etc. are all shit. But Luiz has good defensive abilities? :lol:
Never said Thiago and Kroos were shit. . I said kroos reminds me more of Lampard than Xavi. I always maintained that Thiago was and is better than Cesc, he however lacks loyalty. Alexis on the other hand. . . . . . .

BarçAjax8

Some of you keep saying that we must buy one deffensive minded RB... But I dont really see anyone right know?
Im very pessimistic about next transfer window. As we know club doesnt have so much money to splash (around 60mio+ sale of some players), so we must make very smart buys and i doubt zubi and co. are capable of doing that :angry:

True, aside from De Sciglio I can't think of any right sided Abidals. As far as the left side Bruno Martins-Indi (C/LB) of Feyenoord or Daley Blind (LB/DMF) of Ajax & PoY last season have similar playing style, build and we wouldn't have to break the bank for them. Are they raw players? Yes but if there's one thing the Eredivisie is good at its molding young talent.

EDIT:
I totally forgot about Piscek of Dortmund, he is solid defensively and doesn't have a problem getting forward.

I don't know why posters here are averse to bringing in another ball playing CB. I understand its not ideal, but its hardly disastrous. Márquez -Pique had become our first choice CB pair in 08/09, before the Mexican got injured. What we need is an established CB, and a good reader of the game. Some of the names proposed here, may work in theory, but just like any new signing carries risk. Defence is not about individuals, but how it works as a unit. If Hummels is back in the frame, I'd take him without hesitation.

That's true and Hummels is a defensive leader. He would do well in organizing our defense and keeping players together my only problem with Pique-Hummels together is when we get hit on the counter. We'd have 2 players who aren't the fastest and get beat similarly leaving 1v1s with the goal keeper but as u said this scenario is possible with any defensive partnership.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans