Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gascav

LOL the 2 worst possible choices as far as top names go. We already have a Hummels in Pique and Luiz in Mascherano. We need a player comparable to Puyol (as impossible as those shoes will be to fill) like Mangala, Musacchio or Benatia. If Dani Alves is in fact going to be sold then we don't need to worry about replacing him, we will need a Defensive RB as we have Jordi Alba to replace Alves from the left. A right sided Abidal is what we need.

We do need a new board that can back our manager and make the right decisions. Tiki-Taka is how we play football and we need players who can carry out that style and subs who can bring variation when we need it.

- neymar - - - STRIKER - - - messi -
- - - iniesta - - - - - - - CMF - - - - -
- - - - - - - - busquets - - - - - - - -
- j. alba - - - CB(2) - pique - - - RB -
- - - - - - - - ter stegen - - - - - - - -

Those are the gaps that need to be filled and the board can either spend a crap load of money or get some decent scouts who can find all these players. There was a great post in the Tata thread that I'm going to post here...
This

G

Gascav

True, aside from De Sciglio I can't think of any right sided Abidals. As far as the left side Bruno Martins-Indi (C/LB) of Feyenoord or Daley Blind (LB/DMF) of Ajax & PoY last season have similar playing style, build and we wouldn't have to break the bank for them. Are they raw players? Yes but if there's one thing the Eredivisie is good at its molding young talent.

EDIT:
I totally forgot about Piscek of Dortmund, he is solid defensively and doesn't have a problem getting forward.

That's true and Hummels is a defensive leader. He would do well in organizing our defense and keeping players together my only problem with Pique-Hummels together is when we get hit on the counter. We'd have 2 players who aren't the fastest and get beat similarly leaving 1v1s with the goal keeper but as u said this scenario is possible with any defensive partnership.
Wow i cant believe the points you are suggesting hummels, one of the slowest defenders on earth behind mertesacker, one who makes attackers look like usain bolt!
And you are saying that a german will come here all the way from dortmund, he doesnt even know the language and he will start organizing our defense! Wow! Just wow!

BarçAjax8

I don't know why posters here are averse to bringing in another ball playing CB. I understand its not ideal, but its hardly disastrous. Márquez -Pique had become our first choice CB pair in 08/09, before the Mexican got injured. What we need is an established CB, and a good reader of the game. Some of the names proposed here, may work in theory, but just like any new signing carries risk. Defence is not about individuals, but how it works as a unit. If Hummels is back in the frame, I'd take him without hesitation.

Wow i cant believe the points you are suggesting hummels, one of the slowest defenders on earth behind mertesacker, one who makes attackers look like usain bolt!
And you are saying that a german will come here all the way from dortmund, he doesnt even know the language and he will start organizing our defense! Wow! Just wow!

lol Relax man... Hummels speed has nothing to do with his mind. He is a great defender and knows how to hold a line and keep the players around him organized. Nobody said he'd be shouting in Catalan and slapping lights out of Pique's hands and grabbing Alba by the ear and pushing him lol

Being organized and well positioned is a trait of any good defender and Hummels has those qualities. With that said as you replied to my previous post I was saying we already have Pique so we don't need Hummels. My post to Zanela was just agreeing that getting Defender or any player is always a risk. Hummels has qualities but nothing we don't already have from Pique. Mangala, Musacchio, Benatia or unknown players who have those same qualities/skills should be our targets. Unfortunately I only watch European leagues (La Liga, EPL, Eredivisie, Serie A) so my scouting is limited to that.

G

Gascav

But Mangala and Benatia do?!

I didnt say mangala or benatia do. But hummels attributes dont fit a pique partner!
And if we want an organizer of defense, then our crop of players needs to step up. Any new CB will be treated as a new comer and will be slowly adapting

zanela

Hummels (and a lot of German players I'm told) can converse in more than one language. Hummels speaks English. Piqué and T.S will understand him. He can pick up the local language in time.

As for the other issue, Abi's pace bailed us out on numerous occasions, Alba if he times his runs better, can do the same.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Several players know Spanish, Spanish or French are taught in most schools in Germany.

Regardless of that... unless I've missed some news, we won't get Hummels. BVB won't sell him this summer.

Last edited:
Any of thoose you mention (Hummels, Luiz, Benatia, Mangala) would make our deffence much much better. Im just worried that we will end with Laporte, Inigo or Musacchio. Im not saying they arent good, but they are very risky players to buy.
But stop thinking that only one new player will solve our deffensive players. We must bring our pressing game back to life and we cant do that with Xavi and Cesc at the same time on the field. They just dont have the physic to do this IMO.
Do you think that we will really go for that "number 9"? And if we do will it be first class one (Rvp, Jackson Martinez...) or bench warmer (Klose, my favourite Aduritz :))?

G

Gascav

Many players know Spanish, Spanish and/or French are taught in most schools in Germany.

Regardless of that... unless I've missed some news, we won't get Hummels. BVB won't sell him this summer.

Thank God they wont sell him, would make our defence even more prone to fast attacks and speedy dribblers and we would concede crosses from left and right

DennyCrane

Many players know Spanish, Spanish and/or French are taught in most schools in Germany.

And here I thought Dortmund had a CB to spare with Ginter joining the ranks soon probably. Then again, with the injury disaster of this season they might want to keep every player if they can and get a bench.

BarçAjax8

I really hope the players that are brought in are for a specific direction for the team. What good does it do to bring in "NAME" players if they don't serve the system. Hummels shouldn't be a target because of his playing style. He is exactly like Pique and won't compliment him. When we played at our best our CB & R/LB pairing complimented each other with 2 Builders (Alves/Pique) + 2 Destroyers (Puyol/Abidal). Look at the positioning of our players in picture...
Clasico+barca+real.jpg

When in a full on attack we had Alves bombing forward while Pique, Puyol, ABIDAL would slot more to the right to become a back 3 with Busquets right in front of them. Messi had license to roam without leaving holes because Villa (a Wide-Striker) kept pressure on the opposition which made it harder to mark Messi. Someone was always open for a pass because there was just too much of a threat to invest all defenders on Messi. If we got hit on the counter we had stability in the back with Abidal being able to play CB while now Alba cannot. Messi could drop as deep as he liked but now when he does we have a MASSIVE void in the middle with Pedro/Neymar/Alexis being too wide to threaten anything. Tata needs to set the tactics he wants to use (I hope its Tiki-Taka) and get the RIGHT players to fill positions. For me I will always like to play as we did from 08-12 and would like players who can bring that style back to life. There's no way to recreate the magic of those years but it is possible to play that style and to challenge for trophies on all fronts.

Alarcón

If Hummels asks to leave and a club is willing to pay 30m or more, I think they'll let him go. He has given the club a lot, he has stayed with them even though he could have jumped ship several times and he voluntarily removed his buyout clause.

Also, I find it funny how people say Hummels is slow and then go on to proclaim Benatia our saviour. As far as I can tell, Benatia is not exactly the fastest either. And Hummels is by no means slower than Piqué.

G

Gascav

If Hummels asks to leave and a club is willing to pay 30m or more, I think they'll let him go. He has given the club a lot, he has stayed with them even though he could have jumped ship several times and he voluntarily removed his buyout clause.

Also, I find it funny how people say Hummels is slow and then go on to proclaim Benatia our saviour. As far as I can tell, Benatia is not exactly the fastest either. And Hummels is by no means slower than Piqué.

Benatia is very fast. The 2nd best CB behind thiago silva at the moment. Thee guy has never been in the losing team in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans