Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
People are seriously underrating Hummels. Hummels is a very complete CB. Excellent positioning and defensive instinct. Good interception and marking skills. No real glaring weakness. It is true that he is not the fastest CB out there, but he makes up for it with his technical superiority and positioning.

He is not as slow as people are making him to be, certainly not slower than Pique. He is no slower than Kompany for instance, I don't see people bitching about Kompany's speed. Why? because his overall defensive skills are good enough. Hummels overall defensive skills are good enough.

However, if speed is a concern, then people should not be thinking about not getting Hummels because he'd be a bad partner for Pique. No. The smart decision would be to get Hummels and find him a different partner than Pique. Hummels is a much better defender.

G

Gascav

People are seriously underrating Hummels. Hummels is a very complete CB. Excellent positioning and defensive instinct. Good interception and marking skills. No real glaring weakness. It is true that he is not the fastest CB out there, but he makes up for it with his technical superiority and positioning.

He is not as slow as people are making him to be, certainly not slower than Pique. He is no slower than Kompany for instance, I don't see people bitching about Kompany's speed. Why? because his overall defensive skills are good enough. Hummels overall defensive skills are good enough.

However, if speed is a concern, then people should not be thinking about not getting Hummels because he'd be a bad partner for Pique. No. The smart decision would be to get Hummels and find him a different partner than Pique. Hummels is a much better defender.

And you think pique will be easily removed from the starting eleven. That will take years. We just have to find a CB partner. I think there is no way on earth for him to be removed

Shegzy

the problem with barca is homogeneity of players.luiz/hummels/verthogen are too similar to pique and should be gotten only in this 3 situation (1) to replace pique if he is sold (2) to replace bartra as pique backup if Bartra is sold (3)to replace masch as our cb/DM if he and song are sold and if any of this three situations did not arise we should not go close to any of them. Alves should be sold because whether he get sold/retires/his contract expires we will have to replace him one day why not do DAT now that will can get money from his sale ;the ways I suggest we can replace alves by (1) get a good defensive Rb like descilgio/pizscek/aurier (2) get a fast rcb and convert him or Bartra to rb (3) get two fast left footed cb one of which should be able to play lb and shift Adriano to the right

Last edited:
G

Gascav

the problem with barca is homogeneity of players.luiz/hummels/verthogen are too similar to pique and should be gotten only in this 3 situation (1) to replace pique if he is sold (2) to replace bartra as pique backup if Bartra is sold (3)to replace masch as our cb/DM if he and song are sold and if any of this three situations did not arise we should not go close to any of them. Alves should

This

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
And you think pique will be easily removed from the starting eleven. That will take years. We just have to find a CB partner. I think there is no way on earth for him to be removed

If Barcelona want to regain their superiority, they'll have to once again value performance and form over name and pedigree. Not acquiring or playing good players to cater to the holy cows on this team, or placing La Masia products on impossibly high pedestals, that's the very recipe that lead to this precarious situation and will further compound the problem.

Chainsaw

Killahead
What about this guy? Fast enough?

BiTGlOcCUAAjl-G.png

G

Gascav

If Barcelona want to regain their superiority, they'll have to once again value performance and form over name and pedigree. Not acquiring or playing good players to cater to the holy cows on this team, or placing La Masia products on impossibly high pedestals, that's the very recipe that lead to this precarious situation and will further compound the problem.
Hehe and they have already started saying things like bartra is one of the best CBs in the world. May be soon enough they will claim montoya is the best RB and sergi roberto the best box to box mid ahead of vidal. Delusional board

Zincubus

Banned

I saw a young CB play for Sheffield United today ( Maguire - I think ) .... he's the club captain already at 21 and he's been their player of the year for the past TWO seasons already ...... He was the best defender on show by a mile today as they breezed into the FA Cup semis , he also broke from the back ala Piqué ( but better ) and nearly scored a goal showing truly great skills .
I predict great things for this young player ....

G

Gascav

I saw a young CB play for Sheffield United today ( Maguire - I think ) .... he's the club captain already at 21 and he's been their player of the year for the past TWO seasons already ...... He was the best defender on show by a mile today as they breezed into the FA Cup semis , he also broke from the back ala Piqué ( but better ) and nearly scored a goal showing truly great skills .
I predict great things for this young player ....
We all hope that player you observed suceeds!

Cule4life

The Culest

His grandfather has too many connections. Too much politics in Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans