Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_bleed_blaugrana

:worthy:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Can't emphasize how much I agree with you, Cesc is one of our most underrated players, especially in a more "midfieldy" role, it seems that these days everyone thinks that Xavi is "past it" when in reality he's still up there with the best midfielders in the world and is the best at what he does. And that point about La Masia...

Cesc was fantastic in both legs against City and he does a lot of the defensive dirty work for Xavi and Iniesta to allow them more freedom on the pitch. He continually is listed as a "forward" on the starting line-ups but he plays much deeper and defensively than Iniesta.

We will never be able to find another player who can control games as much as Xavi does, even Thiago needs time to find his rhythm. And particularly with the more direct approach Tata is imposing on the team, Cesc would be the perfect balance of possession and direction.

Rafa-Busi-Cesc in two years time could be just as deadly as Xaviniesta.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I still have a hard time seeing both Pep and Thiago at Bayern. The 7-0 embarrassment was honestly bad enough. Stealing our coach, our top prospect and trying to steal our swag in general just rubs salt in the wound. It's a straight up challenge and they more than any other club, including Madrid, are the ones we need to compete with the most now.

Now I am a bit drunk lol so don't judge me too harshly or question my loyalty to the club after this statement but a part of me kinda hopes we lose to Pep in the CL. I love this club more than anything but if they well and truly beat us at our own game, you couldn't say the irony would be unjust. Pep's revenge for how much the club threw him and his mentor Cruyff under the bus purely due to politics. Hopefully it would wake the socios up enough for them to put pressure on the board to stop running this club as a business and as an actual football club.

Hope I don't get banned for this one lol :pep:

Maria

This.
I still haven't gotten over how poorly Tito and the club handled Thiago and his situation.

I've probably said this already, but I really don't think that we could have afforded Neymar and then try to buy a CB without selling Thiago..so from the club's perspective everything probably went like they wanted. And I also don't think that they will even try to buy a CM. They will probably get rid of JDS and replace him with Rafinha and that's about it.

\Now I am a bit drunk lol so don't judge me too harshly or question my loyalty to the club after this statement but a part of me kinda hopes we lose to Pep in the CL. I love this club more than anything but if they well and truly beat us at our own game, you couldn't say the irony would be unjust. Pep's revenge for how much the club threw him and his mentor Cruyff under the bus purely due to politics. Hopefully it would wake the socios up enough for them to put pressure on the board to stop running this club as a business and as an actual football club.

Even if the catalan press and the club's directors make me sick, I still can't wish to see Barca losing a game(and I'm also certain that many of them are really pericos or madridistas, not cules). But it still hurts to see what the catalan press writes about Cruyff, Rijkaard or Pep everyday and then hear Martino complaining about the treatment he gets from them..because it's nothing compared to what the 3 coaches that won us the CLs we have now and Van Gaal had to endure.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

I still have a hard time seeing both Pep and Thiago at Bayern. The 7-0 embarrassment was honestly bad enough. Stealing our coach, our top prospect and trying to steal our swag in general just rubs salt in the wound. It's a straight up challenge and they more than any other club, including Madrid, are the ones we need to compete with the most now.

Now I am a bit drunk lol so don't judge me too harshly or question my loyalty to the club after this statement but a part of me kinda hopes we lose to Pep in the CL. I love this club more than anything but if they well and truly beat us at our own game, you couldn't say the irony would be unjust. Pep's revenge for how much the club threw him and his mentor Cruyff under the bus purely due to politics. Hopefully it would wake the socios up enough for them to put pressure on the board to stop running this club as a business and as an actual football club.

Hope I don't get banned for this one lol :pep:

I would never go so far as to wish Barca lose but I get what you mean. IF we were to lose to Bayern again then I agree with your sentiment, though I don't wish it to happen.

Barcilliant

Vidal can play CM for any team in the world. And barca can use a player like that in midfield. If you don't see that..

Exactly! What is all this bs with Vidal not fitting in??? If you want to be anal guys like Cesc & Alexis STILL do not look 100% integrated but no one is yapping on about that. We need a TIGER in midfield-a leader. Our midfield is SOFT. Yes -you heard it SOFT. You saw how Bayern stomped all over our midfield without expending much energy. Other teams have done it too. This whole "change the system for Vidal" is BS. Wasn't Keita a box to box midfielder?? Yaya was too but we played him as DM.

Vidal is a champion. He will be heavily involved in the play and will ADAPT. All this replacement for Xavi is BS. Xavi is a one off. NOONE will replace him in his playing style. Rafinha is a much more attacking player and imo a bigger talent then Thiago. Yes, the board and Tito screwed up with Thiago and I wish he was here but he isn't. Time to move on. Vidal has to be allowed to do his gig. That is cleaning up and doing a lot of defensive work and breaking forward at the right time to score goals. His passing is pretty good, he assists and is a beast overall. Kross, Rafinha, Gundogan,Torres blah, blah are not repeat NOT in his class.

Trickykid

Exactly! What is all this bs with Vidal not fitting in??? If you want to be anal guys like Cesc & Alexis STILL do not look 100% integrated but no one is yapping on about that.

Wait... what? That's basically all people talk about in their respective threads.

ebieymjunior

Barca usually used midfielders they bought (not promoted) as a backup plan to the way they play, so if Vidal would want to be backup, I wouldn't mind him there (though I wouldn't prefer him there).

There's Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Rafinha, Roberto, arguably Suarez and later on Halilovic (and Kaptoum). More than enough CMs (whether deeper or more advanced). Not all of them would be able to play CAM, so some can learn to play deeper, which will be much better than getting another CM, who'd take up their minutes.
It's necessary to buy players for positions where reinforcement is needed (like GK and defense), but in the case of CM, where even now there's already an excess (and the amount of CMs with potential Barca will be having will only be increasing), it makes no sense to buy. It also takes quite a while to get used to the team (not so much because of the style, but the quality of the team), so it'd be better to develop a home grown midfielder, which has been trained to play the way the first team plays.

fcbdna

Banned
Cesc was fantastic in both legs against City and he does a lot of the defensive dirty work for Xavi and Iniesta to allow them more freedom on the pitch. He continually is listed as a "forward" on the starting line-ups but he plays much deeper and defensively than Iniesta.

We will never be able to find another player who can control games as much as Xavi does, even Thiago needs time to find his rhythm. And particularly with the more direct approach Tata is imposing on the team, Cesc would be the perfect balance of possession and direction.

Rafa-Busi-Cesc in two years time could be just as deadly as Xaviniesta.

Great post, real food for thought. . . We should focus on the defense and attack. We are sorted in every other department.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I would never go so far as to wish Barca lose but I get what you mean. IF we were to lose to Bayern again then I agree with your sentiment, though I don't wish it to happen.

Now I am a bit drunk

a part of me

To my defense :mou:

Let the morning after side of me clarify a bit. I never actively want to see us lose but should we lose to Bayern, I won't necessarily be as bitter as say Madrid or Chelsea. Atletico however is...tricky

Neymessi

Is buying a CM really a neccessity?We have been going through well with cesc-busi-iniesta midfield.If their is injury in the mid,xavi can come in.

F

Flavia

Is buying a CM really a neccessity?We have been going through well with cesc-busi-iniesta midfield.If their is injury in the mid,xavi can come in.
Not really. Cesc, Busi, Iniesta haven't played a lot of games as the midfield trio. In the tricky games Tata always plays Xavi. For some reason, Tata doesn't like/trust the CBI midfield.

khaled_a_d

tbh ideally we would sign a CM like Vidal as rumored ,but let's be honest here we don't have the money to reinforce our defense,get new GK and may be a new no 9 too and then sign an expensive CM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans